corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » URGENT SPRAYING ADVICE NEEDED!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author URGENT SPRAYING ADVICE NEEDED!!
dave17

User status: Offline
   7th Dec 03 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, basically ive jus finished psraying my exterior door handles, and i jus popped em in to see what they looked like......... but there quite a bit lighter in colour compared to the car door! is there anyway i can darke them up?? maybe do a really light sand with 1500 paper under water? or will it darken when i put the laquer on? pls help as i need these done by 2day!
Kris TD

7th Dec 03 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wat colour? if its white, red or atlasntic blue then DO NOT LAQUER it will make the colour difference worse. the reason its different is because this is new paint against old paint, just tcut the doors, dont put anything like t cut on the new paint for at least 10 days, esspecially at this time of year when its cold out.
dave17

7th Dec 03 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its smoke metallic grey, ive got t cut, so should i only do the door? use alot or a little?
Geeza10328

7th Dec 03 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm just sprayin my bumpers at the mo. But I've done loadsa spraying now gettin better all the time but I find clear laquering it protects it, makes it chip resistant and finishes off the job. I'm spraying in flame red. The rear gsi spoiler on mine has deffinitely got laquer on, and as far as the colour difference goes as u say kris new paint and old paint, theres bound to be a difference. Unfortunately for me my flame red is quite faded so when I'm painting bits of my car the new paint is much brighter and not pale. However I do find givin the rest of the car a good tcut and polish brings the colour back up and theres not much difference.

One other thing I've noticed after about 10 days to a few weeks the paint will become slightly paler to when u first sprayed it on. Its still bright and looks new etc but its nearer the rest of the car colour.

Again don't tcut or polish for at least a week. And what ever u do don't pressure wash the newly painted parts for at least 2 weeks espeically in this weather.

dave17

7th Dec 03 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jus nipped outside and got a pic, i think il go with the t-cut idea! and il give hte handles a lil sand with the 1500 coz its metallic paint b4 i laquer. dont worry bout hte marks on my doors as thats where i took off the bump strips and haven cleaned off the dirt! bump strips are going back on too! il get some piccies later! i jus hope i ant done al this work and it looks shit

dave17

7th Dec 03 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that a big colour difference btw?
mike_1.2LS96

7th Dec 03 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks about right comparing to the wing mirrors. Is that with the lacquer on?
Kris TD

7th Dec 03 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that colour should be laquered as its metallic.

do what i told you to do in u2u.
Dan-P

7th Dec 03 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the best way to get the handles off?
dave17

7th Dec 03 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there not laquered in that pic no.

get a haynes manual dan, it tells u how to do it in there along with anything else u wana do to the car!

New Poll