corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.5TD Engine???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.5TD Engine???
Corsa_A1

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 03 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ent bin around these boards for well ages, while i sorted out stuff...

anyway..

im gona luk at a 1.5TD Corsa to buy on sun, although, the owner seems convinced it has a japanese engine??? and it came fitted as standard??

is it true? i havent got a clue, whether this would be standard or a mod.. and also any1 got any info on how reliable the engine is?Cause im pretty lost with it all...

Thanks
Dinokid

3rd Dec 03 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh it's an isuzu engine. one of the most bulletprof engines u can buy. look at the tutorials on here and get the boost turned up! shub b quick enuf!
MattyB

3rd Dec 03 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diesel engines - strong as fcuk - loadsa mpg - go on foreva - Isuzu engine even better - easily tuned

GO FOR IT!!

But they are a diesel, they do sound like a tractor and u do have to sweep up the soot every time u start up

Matt
Gambit

3rd Dec 03 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt buy a diesel unless i was doing mega-miles
M4rk P

3rd Dec 03 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go for it mate, for 17 quid you can get a 20+bhp increase.
Kris TD

3rd Dec 03 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it is a japanease isuzu engine, all the corsa b diesels have jap engines as standard.
the engines are bullet proof, mine has done 144,000 miles and i havent had a single engine related problem with it apart from the starter motor which just wore out.

i have been running high boost for nearly 2 years on this aswell.

they respond very well to induction kits plus you can get bigger injectors, intercoolers etc.. for them.

things to look out for:

is the rocker cover leaking? dont worry bout this too much cos the gaskets are crap, ive had about 4 on mine in 4 years.

is it hard to start from cold? this is a known problem, all that needs doing is the valve timing adjusting, but chances are its probably already been done anyway.

very nippy engine as standard, does about 45-50 mpg if you take it easy. as said 20 bhp + for 15 quid, read my tutorial in the tutorial section on how to do this.

New Poll