corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.4 8v 60bhp convertion to 1.4sri

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.4 8v 60bhp convertion to 1.4sri
infinitycorsa

User status: Offline
   9th Mar 03 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi to everyone who knows me, but does anyone have any ideas on how to change my 1.4 8v to the sri ??? how is easy is it to do and how much power gain will i get? Is this better than chipping? seen as for £300 there abouts i can gain 6 bhp !!!whoopy!!

[Edited on 09-03-2003 by infinitycorsa]
infinitycorsa

9th Mar 03 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Plymouth_Corsa

9th Mar 03 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the main difference between the non sri and the sportier brother is that the sri is fitted with multi point injection (mpi), and the other models are single point injection (spi). You will need quite a bit of work to change your spi to mpi, new fuel rail, ecu, wiring, connections and a few other bits and peices. It is possible, as its been done before by one or two members of corsasport - sorry i cant help anymore. A chip alone wont add anywhere near 6bhp - on any model of corsa, you really need other mods for the chip to perform like it should.
miles

9th Mar 03 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no point in trying to do anything to a spi engine. If you want try and get sri output from your engine you will need to change the head, probably cam, engine loom, ecu, complete inlet manifold etc.

Much easier to fit the whole sri engine.

There maywell be pistons differences as well.

Fitting a sri engine need not cost you more than about £400. You can buy the whole engines for about £150 with box, then pay someone about the same again to fit it. Thats 82bhp out of the box.
infinitycorsa

9th Mar 03 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thank peps i ll carry on thinking"!!!!!!!!!
Rob H

9th Mar 03 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by miles

Much easier to fit the whole sri engine.

Proberbly, but you'd still ahve to change over the loom and ecu, which surely would be the hardest part. Theres also the fact that with swapping heads, the serial numbe ron the block stays the same, therefore, you get sri power, without having to declair it to the insurance. Could you tell the difference between an spi and mpi by just looking at it?
miles

9th Mar 03 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes you could, they have a completely different inlet manifold. With the sri engine you would also gain the close ratio gearbox.

Labour wise you'd probably pay about the same to have a new head fitted, plus you would need a new head gasket, cam belt etc. But it would probably be worth a new cam belt anyway.....

New Poll