corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » peeps who went to max london 2day

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author peeps who went to max london 2day
antonOO2

User status: Offline
1st Dec 03 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i heard the word overheads ,this is important for a company that sells just products .if you can keep these down then yes there is alot of money to be made .
Donna Corsa GSi

1st Dec 03 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not saying you won't make money from it im just saying out of that 35% net profit you've got to pay out advertising staff wages, rent, rates, heat, light, PPS, carriage, bank chgs etc etc etc etc the list goes on and on. But if you offer a service like Carisma you've got practically 100% net profit and then you've just got to pay out for overheads
Donna Corsa GSi

1st Dec 03 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well advertising ALONE will eat into a lot of this 35% profit
M2RTY

1st Dec 03 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

donna sounds like my uni lecturer

ever fancy a career change lol?
Donna Corsa GSi

And to stock all these products you're going to need a fair size warehouse plus showroom thats going to cost a fair bit a month
antonOO2

depends how much you need ,if you can beat other companies prices its not long before the word gets out and spreads that you are cheaper .
Scott

1st Dec 03 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i feel the market is not about pricing at all

infact i know its not. its about service, quality, speed, accuracy, and cost rolled into one.

Donna Corsa GSi

1st Dec 03 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't just go round under-cutting. Suppliers don't like that, ever heard of RRP?
antonOO2

1st Dec 03 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh its not all about costs,but at the end of the day how many people who modify cars are students ,they are going to look for a low price ,okay the quality does have to be there too i agree,And delivery times do play a big part
Donna Corsa GSi

1st Dec 03 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scott this is very true, to be sucessful you have to keep the customers coming back and good service is how you're going to keep them coming back. Branding is also very important and getting your name out there. Also, finding new products and having a good relationship with suppliers to get better discounts.
antonOO2

1st Dec 03 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes donna its RRP recomended no RP retail price .if you buy 100 items and get them chaeaper so can sell lower the suppliers dont give a monkeys ,they got the trade price they were after
Donna Corsa GSi

1st Dec 03 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RV H

loads of people say I should be a teacher what does this say about me
Donna Corsa GSi

1st Dec 03 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know for a fact they do give a shit because I know suppliers that have complained about it. Some suppliers don't like you to undercut because it upsets other companies (their customers) the idea of getting bigger discounts is so that you can offer a competitive price and make more money. You can also give out good discounts and special offers. It all depends whose supplying you the product at the end of the day.
M2RTY

1st Dec 03 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antonOO2
yes donna its RRP recomended no RP retail price .if you buy 100 items and get them chaeaper so can sell lower the suppliers dont give a monkeys ,they got the trade price they were after

depends on what the products are

ferrari's, prada, expensive perfummes sell at expensive prices to hold their "exclusivness" and if they were sold cheaper then not as many people would by them belive it or not

price elasticity of demand

plus, if you know anything about pricing, selling cheap and undercutting is not always the best way

[Edited on 01-12-2003 by M2RV H]
antonOO2

1st Dec 03 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with you marv but a combat kit aint exactly what you would call exclusive is it
M2RTY

1st Dec 03 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Donna Corsa GSi
quote:

loads of people say I should be a teacher what does this say about me

a lot of my lecturers retired early and then started leacturing and working for themselves/selling their companies off, working 1 or 2 days a week

they know what they are talking about better then anyone as they have been doing it in the real world for many years

your not a teacher as such as u dont have to bother about people turning up etc like a college/school teacher

id love it!

just a thought
M2RTY

1st Dec 03 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i agree with you marv but a combat kit aint exactly what you would call exclusive is it

agreed, old stock/last years fashion will sell at a lower price because no1 wants it

but when it comes to things like carisma retrims etc, they can charge a higher price as they know people will be willing to pay for it as they are not only buying the retrim, they are buying the brand

antonOO2

1st Dec 03 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

agreed, old stock/last years fashion will sell at a lower price because no1 wants it

but when it comes to things like carisma retrims etc, they can charge a higher price as they know people will be willing to pay for it as they are not only buying the retrim, they are buying the brand

you have just hit the nail on the head i believe mate ,BRAND / NAME thats what people pay for .
M2RTY

1st Dec 03 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true under cirtain circumstances

all boils down to what other products are available, competiton, and how much u want the product
M2RTY

2nd Dec 03 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt lol
Scott

2nd Dec 03 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

marv !!!!!! im busy today no time to argue
M2RTY

2nd Dec 03 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, i want a debate
miles

14th Jun 04 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just found this thread seeing if the copy of PVD's accounts had made it onto here.

Obviously not.

Seems like Donna's not been giving PVD good news! Hope they dont blame the accountant! Afterall, by them being a LTD they have put this info into the public domain, which will loose them loads of business!

Isn't it price fixing (and illegal) if manufacturers complain about deviation from RRP's?

If im buying mail order I will make my supplier choice purely on price.
miles

14th Jun 04 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and do you really think £100k net has been spent on this car?

£100k worth if they had charged there full rate for all the time put into it and paid RRP's. It would also be a tax loss.

Spending 3 weeks turnover on a marketing tool could be foolish, as 3 weeks turnover could easily be a years profit (or 10 years if your PVD)

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » peeps who went to max london 2day 22 database queries in 0.1961870 seconds