corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Speed camera's quickly

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speed camera's quickly
Ryan L

User status: Offline
27th Nov 03 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went passed one yesterday and it flashed but i was going in the opposite direction. I never thought you could get caught like this and there was a car going the other way so just checking to see if it was them and not me basically
Graham

27th Nov 03 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wait for a couple of days an see
Greasemonkey

27th Nov 03 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you aint heard nothing by 2 weeks ya off the hook
rollin

27th Nov 03 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on the camera if it flashed white then it was the other bloke if it flashed red then its u im afraid mate.
no camara will hit u head on with a white flash cos it blinds u gatsos use white flashes some new ones that "face the driver" use red flashes these get you as well as your car so no blaggin it
Mistamist

27th Nov 03 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ agree, we had a gatso outside my work and it used to flash all day long, think it was way too sensitive of on-coming traffic.
MattyB

27th Nov 03 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CANNOT GET PROSECUTED DRIVING TOWARDS A GATSO

FINAL. NO "wait 2 weeks blah blah", its not possible

Matt
Skilly

27th Nov 03 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the pic has got ur face on it then it cant be used
koolkorsa

27th Nov 03 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only the newest type of gatsos can get u goin both ways. Look on the road, are there lines on both sides? If there aint any lines ur definitely in the clear. If there is lines then could be either way. Chances are you're alrite tho.!
matt_jonesuk

27th Nov 03 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gatso wont go off with u going towards it they are designed to take picture of the back of cars not front. Any other type of camera an ur in trouble though
M4tt

27th Nov 03 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah cant get done going toward it on a normal one -

but 1 question - what if i went passed a camera on the opposite side of the road and triggered it at the same time there was a nice law abiding person plodding through the camera at 25MPH -

would they get done?

cause i feel well bad - i got a camera on the way to work and if you bomb past it, it gets triggered and flashes, but there were cars going through the camera at the time, so i hope i haven't caused them to get done

Matt

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by M4tt]
langey

27th Nov 03 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M4tt

cause i feel well bad - i got a camera on the way to work and if you bomb past it, it gets triggered and flashes, but there were cars going through the camera at the time, so i hope i haven't caused them to get done

Matt

no just the person speeding
Ryan L

27th Nov 03 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there was no red flash so hopefully i shall be ok
M4tt

27th Nov 03 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by langey
quote:
Originally posted by M4tt

Matt

no just the person speeding

well it was 2 months ago and it can't measure my speed with no lines
matt_jonesuk

29th Nov 03 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They can measure speed without lines they just cant prove you were speeding if they had a camera with no lines on the road you could claim the camera i faulty so to stop u doing this they put lines on the road and the camera takes 2 pics of ur car if your car passes to many lines by the time the second pic is taken it proves you were speeding.
M4tt

29th Nov 03 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's cool then cause the person wouldn't have been speeding so wouldn't have got done
Ant

29th Nov 03 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think you see the new style cameras flash at all, and they dont use lines on the road. Not really fair as this means motorbikes with no front plate (or my car at the moment) get away with it!
matt_jonesuk

29th Nov 03 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spec cameras dont use lines but we are talking about gatsos
leon_in_uk

29th Nov 03 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they put lines on the other side of the road to scare people. that dont no they can get cought in that direction, so the police cant catch ya in that direction
ado

29th Nov 03 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate.

F**K the police dont sign the form its only money they are after.
The fact is that if you dont sign the form which you are not abliged to by law then they have to prove that you are the driver to be able toi prosicute you.
If you go to court the unsigned form is not evidence and can`t be taken as evidense by the court,no evidense on cast!!
BUT you MUST MUST fill in all other info they request,name,date,add,driving number or they can get you on with holding info.
IF it goes to court basictly they have to PROVE that you were driving if they carnt which in most cases they carnt you off no fine!!!
EVEN if you get caught by pig at side of with lazer gun you don`t have to sign form,its only his word against yours,he has no evidense of you in car just your speed and distance he got you.
THEY ALWAYS HAVE TO PROVE IT IN COURT OF LAW!!!!!!!!
TOP QUALITY.

*I hate them*
m-dot

29th Nov 03 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couldnt the flash have been at someone on the right side of the road
MattyB

29th Nov 03 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LISTEN:

every single photo that is taken by a gatso, must be adjudicated by a team of cops, who's job is to do this all day long.

Just coz a flash went off, doesnt mean that you have been caught speeding, although it generally is a good indication. The flash just meant that u passed the camera at the designated speed for the camera to flash. Not always a very bad thing:

ie: on some sensitive cameras on the North Circ. they are set to flash you at bout 41mph in a 40 zone. However, it unlikely you will get prosecuted unless you were going 44mph+

Every photo (pair of), is then examined. A speed-time-distance (using the lines on the floor) calulcation is carried out on EVERY set, which then determins whether you have been caught speeding. Courts rely on this as their evidence, as phase 1 + 2 gatso's were never accurate enough to prosecute, just using the Gatso's auto laser method.

If for example a stretch of road with a GATSO has recently been re-tarmac'd, and the lines removed temporarily, then LEGALLY, the camera cannot prosecute. It may flash, but there will not be hard evidence to back up the speeding allegation (ie: proof of speed/time/distance).

In reply to M4tt who asked, if goin past a GATSO in the opposite direction (speeding), and it flashed some1 who was travelling along on the other side (legally), then all is cool. Neither YOU or the OTHER DRIVER will be prosecuted, unless they were speeding themselves.

A normal 'box on pole' GATSO (most popular one), are not able to catch motorists coming towards them, even if there are lines on the other side of the road (this is only really seen on dual carriage ways, where the camera is rotated)

However, beware, the phase 3 Gatso (ones being erected now), are not only film-less (ie: pictures directly sent to HQ thru ADSL for processing), but also have an upgraded laser detection, which i believe can be used without lines, and is suitable evidence in itself (altho last i heard of it was few months back, and they were still deciding on it)

I know this due to a family member who has been involved in alot of digital gatso development.

Matt
Jamie

29th Nov 03 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont speed?
ado

30th Nov 03 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After all that about how good the speed camera is the police still in a court of law have to prove that you were the driver!
A photo of a car travelling away from the camera at whatever speed does not tel them who the driver was.
If from this they want to prosicute then if you dont sign the form then you are not commiting anything,thus then they have to put you in the car at the scene of the incident and dont whatever speed.
Also the digital camers photo are still of questionable quality to prosicute you.

F**k them all!!!!

New Poll