corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road Angel- Who has one?? Views?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Road Angel- Who has one?? Views?
stubbsy05

User status: Offline
18th Oct 03 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might ask for one for Christmas depending on how good they are.
For £350-£400 I want it to suck me and fcuk me
kerzo

18th Oct 03 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get your letter away to santa soon then!! don't wanna be disappointed!!

i personally would not spend that much considering there is a rumour that they are developing camera's that do not work by radar
stubbsy05

18th Oct 03 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul_J

18th Oct 03 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BlueCorsaSxi (Rob) has one - and it's wicked!

Kerzo, this is exactly it - it works in 2 ways...

First way is they have a huge database about camera's and many experts adding new ones all the time...

So there's a GPS system - which not only tells you there's a camera near by, but what speed you should be doing and what speed you are doing!

but also there's the old radar style which picks up camera's that are completely new and mobile camera's etc.

It's pretty certain that any new camera will be added to road angles GPS database pretty quickly since that's what they're selling in their service - so your covered whatever happens!

Paul J
kerzo

18th Oct 03 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well another thing in my town is there are cctv camera's on this piece of road which is like a 6 lane wide 30 zone which basically calculate the disatnce you have travelled and the time to see if you have been speeding or not....caught something like 200 people the first 2 or 3 weeks i think!!
Munchie

18th Oct 03 at 02:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm y dont ya just not speed?! save ure £400 for something better mate.....
corb

18th Oct 03 at 02:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^like nitrousor summit else to make ur car go faster

And those camera's over a distance, working out the average thing, it lets u know when u coming up to the 1st one in the sequence and when uve gone past the last one. All very clever!!
broster
Premium Member

18th Oct 03 at 08:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can also add your own blck sport on, im gettin one today hopefully!
carnoisseurcraig

18th Oct 03 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thay are pretty good. I have one for when i got to glasgow. Mental bit of kit.

When a gatso goes up they have to get planning permission to place it at its location. All that information is send to the sat andit tells u if you are near one and if your near an accident black spot.

Def worth the money. But the only thing that will catch ya out are police doing the average speed thing.

I have them on special for £319.00 , ooopppssss

[Edited on 18-10-2003 by carnoisseurcraig]
Dr Pepper

18th Oct 03 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kerzo
get your letter away to santa soon then!! don't wanna be disappointed!!

i personally would not spend that much considering there is a rumour that they are developing camera's that do not work by radar

I have one and it is well worth the 320 sqiud i payed for it---they dont work by laser, but by gps so you get no false alerts- all speed camera sites have to be declared and it picks these up.....also gives you blackspot warnings which are updated when you link up to the net- this gives good coverage as other users update local blackspots/radar trap sites.....it alsocomes with a mobile laser attatchment which detects all handheld laser guns.

I admit i bought it to try and keep my license clean as i am doing lots of motorway journeys- but owning one i am just as impressed with the accident blacspot alert- has warned me to slow down before big potholes- obviosly other roadangel users with lowered suspension lol

[Edited on 18-10-2003 by Dr Pepper]
broster
Premium Member

18th Oct 03 at 15:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got mine now, just got to wait 1 workin day for it to be registered, then i get the software, prob with it is, i was sat at home messin with it in the middle of no where an it came up with mobile an beeped at me! unless it has a massive range as i doubt they will be usin mobile traps near me! lol!
Savinforcorsaproject

18th Oct 03 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was told there ganna be putting Digatal camera's behind Speed signs these cannot be Detected by any GPS or camera systems.

Only way i can think of not getting caught is use ur show plates i.e get www.Corsasport.co.uk made and stick them on and if they pull u give them the Bull shit about how sorry i just came back from showing my m8 and i got my real plates on and i will swap them over now so sorry.

I heard soem one done this and coppers let him go.
broster
Premium Member

18th Oct 03 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they have to notify the local council, due to plannin regs, about the location of all speed cameras, this info then has to be made public, then the owners of angel eye put it on the updates which u downloan an put onto ur angel eye device, hence you no here they are! with angel eye you will be safest! had a snooper and it was shit!!! hope this angel eye is better and dont give so many false alarms!
Drew
Banned

18th Oct 03 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

juts looking at them on e-bay - and read this to be wary of...

The first year of updates is free of charge with an annual subscription thereafter of £49.
broster
Premium Member

18th Oct 03 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but you can pay £99 for life time subscription
Drew
Banned

18th Oct 03 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

250 atm on ebay btw - not including postage like

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road Angel- Who has one?? Views? 23 database queries in 0.0240190 seconds