corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » aftermarket headunit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author aftermarket headunit
krismufc

User status: Offline
24th Nov 03 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know this will be a common problem but i looked at previous posts and it didnt work
I want my mfd to work and it tells me to cut a grey wire with a red stripe.
I have looked in the right place and i cant find this wire in the vaux block. there are
brown/black
brown/red
brown/grey
and brown/white, brown/yellow all in same connection
please help me asap
cheers
Dom

24th Nov 03 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

....basically when i was changing my HU, i found that the MFD uses the remote wire (aka antenna lead...should be a blue cable) to know when the HU is on. So since i wasnt using any amps , for the time being, i just disconnecting the remote lead and it works (saves having to cut any wires). However, the the colours are correct - it should be a grey wire with a red strip. If you can find this, then just follow the blue remote lead into the iso block and then into the vaux radio loom. You might also find another wire going into the same connection (on my corsa B it was a black and white...havnt got a clue what it was though).

Hope this helps mate
krismufc

24th Nov 03 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers m8, it worked

I just unplugged remote and all is now well
cheers
Dom

24th Nov 03 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just remember mate, when you want to install amps (ie: need the remote lead) your gonna have to cut that MFD cable, although you could tap a new remote lead from HU's remote (ie: not the vauxhalls loom, missing it out) wire.

anyways, glad it worked

New Poll