corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help with wires

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help with wires
kerzo

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 03 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a bit of a problem with my headunit. I know that a normal vauxhall unit will switch on and off with the ignition as will any other unit but I have to press the power button. This is the way I bought the car so I haven't cut any wires etc. Also how can I use my unit and keep the display in the dash turned off?
kerzo

3rd Mar 03 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt anyone?
boxmasher

9th Mar 03 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it still the standard head unit?
not sure you will be able to have radio without dash display but i await correction!
Richie

10th Mar 03 at 03:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can cut a wire but it will replace the station name with the date.

As far as you having to press the power button, it could be a fault with the h/u.
SteveW

10th Mar 03 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best idea would probably chat to either a Vaux dealer or your local ICE shop.

Other wise people might give you the wrong idea, and then you just hack some wires off.

Safer letting someone who knows their stuff to go re-wire you HU.

Steve.
jipp

10th Mar 03 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some head units have problems with the vaux wirinbg harness and for some stupid reason after a while you are unable to turn the headunit on. (i think it's something to do with the vaux standard units having a system built in that allows you to choose if you want the h/u to turn off when the keys are removed/ignition switched off.

my pioneer 7900 did this and to resolve it i needed to hard wire the system to permanat (sp) live.
kerzo

20th Mar 03 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually had a vauxhall headunit on before and it still didnt work with the ignition but the previous owner had an aftermarket headunit so maybe they cut some wires.

What wire would i have to cut to make the date appear when the head unit is on?

I am assuming that the connectors for the power and speakers should be alrite and therefore the wire for the dash display must be on the top connecter.
jm960326

21st Mar 03 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grey and black wire. Best if u can get to it do it behind the MFD display as I think if you cut it elsewhere you can stop power getting to your amp for the aerial.
Chappie

21st Mar 03 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be careful. Not all wiring looms use the same colour code and it is not always the grey/black wire you need to cut. You could trace the circuit diagram in the back of your haynes manual but there is an easier way. One of the connectors on the back of the ISO connector should have two wires comming out it rather than one. Find the same colour coded wire going into the back of the display unit and hey presto, that's what you cut.
jm960326

23rd Mar 03 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry I was wrong its actually grey and red wire, which is same for Vaux. Thats what everyone else has cut fine and I have too, checked colours today!

New Poll