corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wiring in dvd player with head unit.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wiring in dvd player with head unit.
carnoisseurcraig

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 03 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, i have a pioneer deh 6500 and im wanting to wire in a seperate dvd player as an auxillary and have it in the glovebox. So the sound will be coming thru my headunit via a auxillary box.

Im not sure if anyone is familiar with cd-rb920 from pioneer but basicallyits a box that converts your cd changer port so you can use it as an aux output. To wire it up you have to connect the lead to the changer port(easy enough) switched live, positive live and an earth. Connect the rca lead into the dvd unit and into your new box. Now that should product the sound. But in mine it doesnt. When i connect up the earth the sound cuts out but when i take the earth cable out i get a crackled sound.

HELP before i throw my stereo out the window.
Richie

22nd Nov 03 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you switching it to AUX mode instead of CD mode?
carnoisseurcraig

23rd Nov 03 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, im no that daft mate. You gotta activate the aux mode and it will only work when in aux mode.
Richie

23rd Nov 03 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry mate but in most cases it has to be stated. Have you tried a different ground and have you tried putting a different audio source into it? If neither of those show anything then its a faulty adaptor.
Darren

23rd Nov 03 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

craig, just outa interest how much did the cd-rb920 cost, coz i think im gonna have to get one of these for mine??

cheers
carnoisseurcraig

23rd Nov 03 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are really expensive. Well i thought it was. £60 for a wee box, but its a quality bit of kit.

Im beginning to think its faulty. i tried earthing it off the body, still no joy.

New Poll