corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Video of my car doing 0-98mph (Speedo)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Video of my car doing 0-98mph (Speedo)
MattyB

User status: Offline
20th Nov 03 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No mate - u made up that "0-100" figure, so the "math" is all stuff u've made up, and is therefore total guess work. Especially seeing as you've proably NEVER even bin out in a standard D Turbo, let alone a tuned one.

Please remember, my 306 performs better 60-100, than 1st and 2nd, due to long gear ratios and the amount of torque meaning the reuired "pull" is available thru 3rd and 4th gears. (especially 4th).

With a 0-60 at 10 seconds (that being the slowest sector of my acceleration due to smaller power band and clunky derv box changes), i some how doubt that it will take ANOTHER 20secs to get from 60-100, seening as my 50-70 in 4th is 5sec! (roughly timed and equal with a GTi-6, also in 4th!)

I've never timed anything of the sort in my car before, but i'll make that a plan to have a go, with some1 in the car to time it.

I'm not some1 to lie and brag bout 0-60 figures etc. If i try my 0-100 tonight (along the a1 from a layby), i will get onto CS and compare with ur guesses.

Matt
Sooty
Banned

20th Nov 03 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
That 0-60 is very rapid mate, had to be said.

But from there on, you can really see how the 1.6 just runs outta torque, and just cant keep accelerating. Loadsa bhp and all that, "massive bhp/ton", but at the end of the day, the torque really lets it down. i was expecting more.

There have been discussions on here before bout 106 GTi's versus 2.0 corsa's, but i can tell you know that a valver corsa would STORM your car 50+, even if it is equal till there, just coz of torque.

I'd love to come up against a GTi on a motorway, coz lookin at that, there is NO WAY that is faster than my DIESEL!!! 70+

Matt

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by MattyB]

Dont be absolutely stupid mate ... A 106gti will rape you left right and center mate
vibrio
Banned

20th Nov 03 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No mate - u made up that "0-100" figure, so the "math" is all stuff u've made up, and is therefore total guess work. Especially seeing as you've proably NEVER even bin out in a standard D Turbo, let alone a tuned one.

Please remember, my 306 performs better 60-100, than 1st and 2nd, due to long gear ratios and the amount of torque meaning the reuired "pull" is available thru 3rd and 4th gears. (especially 4th).

With a 0-60 at 10 seconds (that being the slowest sector of my acceleration due to smaller power band and clunky derv box changes), i some how doubt that it will take ANOTHER 20secs to get from 60-100, seening as my 50-70 in 4th is 5sec! (roughly timed and equal with a GTi-6, also in 4th!)

I've never timed anything of the sort in my car before, but i'll make that a plan to have a go, with some1 in the car to time it.

I'm not some1 to lie and brag bout 0-60 figures etc. If i try my 0-100 tonight (along the a1 from a layby), i will get onto CS and compare with ur guesses.

Matt

yes I made up a 0-100 figure based on the 0-100 figure of your car standard. I doubt your car would be faster than that to 100mph. your car will do the 1/4 in mid 17s probably based on other 306 TD's with the sameish power. that is a bit slower than a mk2 VTR the VTR gets to 100 in around 30s. I am giving you the benifit of the doubt for your 60-100 time.
vibrio
Banned

20th Nov 03 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
quote:

But from there on, you can really see how the 1.6 just runs outta torque, and just cant keep accelerating. Loadsa bhp and all that, "massive bhp/ton", but at the end of the day, the torque really lets it down. i was expecting more.

There have been discussions on here before bout 106 GTi's versus 2.0 corsa's, but i can tell you know that a valver corsa would STORM your car 50+, even if it is equal till there, just coz of torque.

I'd love to come up against a GTi on a motorway, coz lookin at that, there is NO WAY that is faster than my DIESEL!!! 70+

Matt

Dont be absolutely stupid mate ... A 106gti will rape you left right and center mate

your fogettign he has a DV on a TD
MattyB

20th Nov 03 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wot a suprize, you own a GTi.

A 2.5 second difference 0-60 is indeed a good "raping". By by MOST means, the 106 GTi is suprizing fast sprinty car, but i have not once questioned this.

A GTi will not "rape" a 306 with 170lb/torque 70mph+. If it beats one, it would slowly pull away, not rocket away from a rolling start. (Well thats what i classed "raping" as)

I am telling you that if that GTi was up against a tuned D Turbo, both rolling along at 60mph, there is no way it has the torque to "rape" a D Turbo from a rolling start.

My comments are based on the apprarently slow rate that, that 106 (which has more power than a standard one anyway), pulls 60+. The bhp is very apparent from its very quick 0-60, but after that, u can CLEARLY see how its torque lets its out, simply coz its a little 1600, which is what it comes down to.

Anyway!!!! I REALLY REALLY wanna test it now, coz i'm fed up of talkin bout all this. If i get beat 70+, i will very happily bow my head in shame, and probably even put a post up sayin just now poor my dirty oil burner is.

But till that day....

Matt

PS: i got a rolling road day 2moz, at which there are several 106 GTi's attending, and hopefully i can entice them into a quick burn on the way home
MattyB

20th Nov 03 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
quote:

Matt

your fogettign he has a DV on a TD

Not at one point have i said that my Dump valve improves power. In fact the DV doesnt even blow when i'm racing, as i keep my foot ever so slightly on the throttle, ensure the piston doesnt release.

Matt

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by MattyB]
Gambit

20th Nov 03 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MattyBPS: i got a rolling road day 2moz, at which there are several 106 GTi's attending, and hopefully i can entice them into a quick burn on the way home

why dont you just ask them
MattyB

20th Nov 03 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats wot i meant. maybe i should have used the work "tempt", than entice

But at the same time, i dont wanna sound like a dodgy "boy racer" kev

Matt
Sooty
Banned

20th Nov 03 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

A 2.5 second difference 0-60 is indeed a good "raping". By by MOST means, the 106 GTi is suprizing fast sprinty car, but i have not once questioned this.

A GTi will not "rape" a 306 with 170lb/torque 70mph+. If it beats one, it would slowly pull away, not rocket away from a rolling start. (Well thats what i classed "raping" as)

I am telling you that if that GTi was up against a tuned D Turbo, both rolling along at 60mph, there is no way it has the torque to "rape" a D Turbo from a rolling start.

My comments are based on the apprarently slow rate that, that 106 (which has more power than a standard one anyway), pulls 60+. The bhp is very apparent from its very quick 0-60, but after that, u can CLEARLY see how its torque lets its out, simply coz its a little 1600, which is what it comes down to.

Anyway!!!! I REALLY REALLY wanna test it now, coz i'm fed up of talkin bout all this. If i get beat 70+, i will very happily bow my head in shame, and probably even put a post up sayin just now poor my dirty oil burner is.

But till that day....

Matt

PS: i got a rolling road day 2moz, at which there are several 106 GTi's attending, and hopefully i can entice them into a quick burn on the way home

I think we are missing the point here

306 diesel vs 106gti
MattyB

20th Nov 03 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Matt

yes I made up a 0-100 figure based on the 0-100 figure of your car standard. I doubt your car would be faster than that to 100mph. your car will do the 1/4 in mid 17s probably based on other 306 TD's with the sameish power. that is a bit slower than a mk2 VTR the VTR gets to 100 in around 30s. I am giving you the benifit of the doubt for your 60-100 time.

I'm sorry mate, but since the car was tuned from standard, i've recieved a bhp increase of 26bhp and 30lb/torque, which i'm sure you'll agree is substantial on a car that originally had 92bhp and 144lb/torque. its almost a 30% power increase and 20% torque increase!!

This is very much reflected in the way the car drives, which is obvious. Not only is the 0-60 quicker, but as to is the in gear times (as the car runs boost for longer, and produces more power at the same time). The tune also immensely improved acceleration in higher gears, so using a "stock" figure for my 0-100 is somewhat incorrect.

A 16.5s -> 17s second 1/4 time would be right for a tuned 306 TD (similar to a VTR), but please remember, a saxo VTR has no where near as much torque as my car. Meaning that if both a VTR and DT 306 could carryin on accelerating after the 1/4 mile at alot fast rate than the VTR could, meaning my 0-100 would there for be quicker.

Matt
Sooty
Banned

20th Nov 03 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I have absolutely no doubt in my mind I would cane you up to 130mph jus before I top out, yer welcome to try anyday mate
MattyB

20th Nov 03 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

But till that day....

Matt

306 diesel vs 106gti

I think you are missing the point of my arguement. It is not about 0-60 or top speed, as I KNOW AS WELL AS YOU THE 106 IS FASTER!!!

Just coz u put the word "diesel", after 306 doesnt mean that automatically its an invalid point to make. Coz if that were the case, what bout Gav off of PGAC who built a D Turbo 306 which had 183bhp and 310lb/torque. To say the least, it would, as u so kindly put it, "Rape" a 106 GTi, whether it be 0-60, top speed or 0-100.

Matt
MattyB

20th Nov 03 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well I have absolutely no doubt in my mind I would cane you up to 130mph jus before I top out, yer welcome to try anyday mate

What is it with you and telling me that a 106 GTi will beat my 306 in a straight spring race from 0-130. Any idiot knows thats true, and i'm not denying it!!!!!!

Please re-read the damn thread, and try and get a gist of what i have been talkin bout mate.

If i dont get myself a decent challenge 2morro, i'd be very happy to meet up and do some 60-100 tests??? But thats not 0-100, its 60 (rolling start) then accelerating up to 100.

I want to find out, and i've got no shame if beaten. All of my comments are based on Steve's vid!

Matt
big eck

20th Nov 03 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
eck, ive got a copy on my machine, contact me if you ever want me to send it

Cheerz m8
Sooty
Banned

20th Nov 03 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

What is it with you and telling me that a 106 GTi will beat my 306 in a straight spring race from 0-130. Any idiot knows thats true, and i'm not denying it!!!!!!

Please re-read the damn thread, and try and get a gist of what i have been talkin bout mate.

If i dont get myself a decent challenge 2morro, i'd be very happy to meet up and do some 60-100 tests??? But thats not 0-100, its 60 (rolling start) then accelerating up to 100.

I want to find out, and i've got no shame if beaten. All of my comments are based on Steve's vid!

Matt

60-100 is pretty easy for me... I can hang 4k in 3rd, plant it and pulls quite well all the way t the red line which is going to be about 95mph
vibrio
Banned

20th Nov 03 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

But till that day....

Matt

note that your gear box is not as short as his. note that your torque is not constant you get 170lb ft peak at around 2000rpm then it drops off. also note that a 106 GTi is quicker from 60-100 than you. if you are quicker 60-100 than the 106 GTi then your 0-100 time would be around 23s. I doubt this very much
vibrio
Banned

20th Nov 03 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
thats wot i meant. maybe i should have used the work "tempt", than entice

But at the same time, i dont wanna sound like a dodgy "boy racer" kev

Matt

but you are you have a DV on your TD FFS
vibrio
Banned

20th Nov 03 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

But till that day....

Matt

306 diesel vs 106gti

I think you are missing the point of my arguement. It is not about 0-60 or top speed, as I KNOW AS WELL AS YOU THE 106 IS FASTER!!!

Just coz u put the word "diesel", after 306 doesnt mean that automatically its an invalid point to make. Coz if that were the case, what bout Gav off of PGAC who built a D Turbo 306 which had 183bhp and 310lb/torque. To say the least, it would, as u so kindly put it, "Rape" a 106 GTi, whether it be 0-60, top speed or 0-100.

Matt

so it does mid 7s to 60, around 19s to 100mph, mid 15s 1/4 ????
Marc

20th Nov 03 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pttttsh
vibrio
Banned

20th Nov 03 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 16vmarc
pttttsh

PGTF with Ptttish
MattyB

20th Nov 03 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

But till that day....

Matt

306 diesel vs 106gti

Matt

I'm unsure of exact times, but it pulled away from a chipped 306 Gti 6 pretty easily up the 1/4

Matt

vibrio
Banned

20th Nov 03 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

But till that day....

Matt

306 diesel vs 106gti

Matt

no reply????
Marc

20th Nov 03 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
pttttsh

PGTF with Ptttish

that was for mattyb, im not a boy racer!
vibrio
Banned

20th Nov 03 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
pttttsh

PGTF with Ptttish

niether am I. I is too old to be a boy
MattyB

20th Nov 03 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
pttttsh

PGTF with Ptttish

I think u'll find that the sound of a dump valve, is NOT always synomous with Boy racers.

I'm not a boy racer.

Matt

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Video of my car doing 0-98mph (Speedo) 22 database queries in 0.1063290 seconds