corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Whos had a new steering rack on a corsa c?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whos had a new steering rack on a corsa c?
ROBSTA

User status: Offline
18th Nov 03 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

please reply if you have

cheers
randy1

18th Nov 03 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't had a new one dude, but Ive had mine fixed once and need it done again. In my opinion, the build quality of the C is a joke!
ROBSTA

18th Nov 03 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did they do to it?
randy1

18th Nov 03 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically my steering rack sounded like a set of golf clubs. They said they tightened something or other. Now it knocks slightly when im stationary and turning the wheel.
dannycorsa c

18th Nov 03 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does that too! but im just sellin up!
Scotty_B

18th Nov 03 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was changed completely as it sounded like a bag of golf clubs aswell. The knocking sound went away for about a week, now it's back. I took it back to them and they did sorted something as noise isn't as bad as it was. They said it was just a noisy steering rack and it's not dangerous. The new style Corsa Cs have a new steering system altogether, thank god. The steering has to be the worst thing about the car, there is no feel whatsoever.
Paul H

18th Nov 03 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorSRi_BT
Mine was changed completely as it sounded like a bag of golf clubs aswell. The knocking sound went away for about a week, now it's back. I took it back to them and they did sorted something as noise isn't as bad as it was. They said it was just a noisy steering rack and it's not dangerous. The new style Corsa Cs have a new steering system altogether, thank god. The steering has to be the worst thing about the car, there is no feel whatsoever.
agree there terible for feedback through the wheel.crapy electric steering
paul_spurrell

18th Nov 03 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have had the coloumn and rack both replaced
Doug_SRi

18th Nov 03 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steering is worse when u first drive the new style C. got used to mine now but it seemed really light compared to my old sxi. i never noticed the feedback to be bad tho i had a 2001 sxi for 2 yrs and had no problems like that with it, neither has my brother and he has a 2002 C and hopefully i wont get any trouble from the new car
SXi_Si_2002

19th Nov 03 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had mine changed!! Sounded so rough before when i wiggled the wheel left to right. Still sounds not right? Common fault i believe but a right pain in the ass!!!!
paul_spurrell

19th Nov 03 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine still makes the noise when you wiggle it left to right, but it doesnt clunk any more when turning or going over bumps

New Poll