corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Caliper Removal???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Caliper Removal???
Tidus

User status: Offline
   10th Nov 03 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All! I Painted my Drums at the Weekend and was gonna attempt to paint my Calipers this weekend! i'd really prefer to take them off to do this. Would i be right in thinking that if i take out the 2 size 7 Allen Key Bolts, then the whole caliper will come off? Also, what can i remove off the calipers without having to buy replacement parts when putting back together?

p.s. If you got some experience or advise with this plz post here.

Many Thanks
fax2004

10th Nov 03 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, you've got the two allen key bolts at the back of the caliper. They are REALLY tight to get off, so dont be afraid to use every bit of your strength, cos they wont break until your arm has. Dont understand wat u on about taking things off?
ljames555

10th Nov 03 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u av 2 1st bolts which rnt that tight n then 2 more which if i was u id make sure uve had ur weetabix coz i changed my disks at weekened n fuckin hell they were tight ada bout 20 goes on each 1
mine were star keys aswel so make sure u av sum if urs are
Mistamist

10th Nov 03 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got the two caliper retaining allen bolts bout 8mm i think, they under the caliper dust caps, take them out, then disconnect the brake hose, clamp the brake hose or brake fluid will piss all over the place (make sure the resivoir cap is on tightly, maybe put some cling film under it b4 you tighten it to get a better seal).

once the caliper is off take the front brakepad out and the one atached to the caliper.

This is where you need your weetabix, the two caliper mounting bolts have shit loads of locktite on them so you gotta get 4 of the fookers out, i broke my wrench doin this.

once out clean everything with brake cleaner and wire brush all the shit off, then get spraying or brushing, (spraying gives a better cote) youl need very high temperature paint, make sure it goes up to 500'C

This what mine look like.

Red_SXi

10th Nov 03 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of interest the calipers on the Corsa C are ALOT easier to remove, you just take off 2 standard bolts and the calipers slide off, i think Vauxhall may have done this deliberately to make life easier for their mechanics

New Poll