corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » crossovers...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author crossovers...
pink_devil

User status: Offline
12th Mar 03 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do i need one?
what do they do? HELP!!!!!!!!

my car is super loud....
corb

12th Mar 03 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they make it possible to fine tune your frequencies going to different speakers. Same as Bass and Treble adjustment settings on your headunit but more complicated. You can have up to 30 bands on a crossover and then you can boost specific frequencies going through certain channels.
pink_devil

12th Mar 03 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks very helpful!

can u suggest a good one?
corb

12th Mar 03 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phoenix Gold, Rockford or, hang on i'll have a search about the net, theres a pukka one available but cant remember the name! lol
TOMAS

12th Mar 03 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corb are you not thinking of an equaliser (EQ)?? You'd never get a 30 band crossover because who in their right mind would run 30 speakers or 15 if bandpassed?? A crossover tells a speaker when to cut frequencies, either going higher or lower.E.g imagine frequencies as sounds everything from a dog whistle (high) to Barry White (low). A crossover will tell the speaker "play everything from a dog whistle (high) but dont play right down to a 'Barry', stop at say when it gets as low as a human female voice (medium lets say). The crossover must stop or 'cut' at a specific frequency that we tell it. Crossovers are needed and often overlooked as no speaker can sucsessfully reproduce everything from a whistle to a Barry so we have Tweeters, Mid-drivers and Sub-woofers. Tweeters for whisles, mids for female voice and subs for Barry. Crossovers are designed to stop tweeters from trying to play Barry (making him sound awfull) and subs from making whisles (again an awfull sound). Crossovers can 'clean up' a system no end and really make a difference, often stopping a lot of speaker distortion, especially noticable mid-drivers from low sub-bass trying to be produced and crossovers can mean life or death for tweeters because if a tweeter is played without a crossover (full-range) it will burn out in no time and be ruined.

Now thats THE funniest post i ever wrote... but hope it helps you people.
Now let me explain EQ's if i can... LOL
corb

12th Mar 03 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, my bad,moment of madness LOL.
luca2020

13th Mar 03 at 02:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tomas - well done that lad, spot on (tho a bir of grammer wouldent go a miss lol)

New Poll