corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 6 by 9s with subs?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 6 by 9s with subs?
GAVINO BAMBINO

User status: Offline
   11th Nov 03 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need some help to decide whether or not i should have 6 by 9s in the bak of my car. I got two jbl subs running off an alpine amp and alpine components in th front do you think it would improve the sound or ruin it if i put some speakers in the back? Some of my mates say it wont sound rite and some say it will sound better. Cheers chaps
Dom

11th Nov 03 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

leave it mate !!!
the only way you can succesfully run 6x9s, is to have them going through a crossover (cut out the low freq's) and run them in a sealed box. Best bet, leave it and if you really want sum sound for your crew in the back, get some smallish (5inch or so) coaxials and run them off your HU, and cut the bass down.

hope this helps mate
Dom
dannycorsa c

11th Nov 03 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv heard alot ov people say this too!
i have kenwood comps in my doors and kenwood 7x10s on my shelf both runnig off an amp on high pass so all bass is cut to them and they do sound loud from the front and rear! im running these along with a 12" vibe!
Dom

11th Nov 03 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, to behonest whats the point in speakers competing with each other?! it will just cause it to sound muddy and it wont be clear, and thats why you have subs. To behonest, all of speakers (except subs) shouldnt go below 1kHz and you sub should do 1KHz down..obviously if you have a decent sub, most of them dont go higher than 500Hz, in which case, then rest of speakers will make up the missing freq's (IE:501Hz upwards). And you do this buying using crossovers and EQ's etc etc Its pretty simple and its just common sense.

So bottom line mate, if you have to have 6x9's, then atleast run them through a crossover (which you can adjust). But like i said, if you just after some sound in the back get coaxials and run them off your HU Although if you are serious about your ICE, then everything would go through crossovers and EQ's and can all be amp'd nicely
johns purple beast

12th Nov 03 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive put mine in rear quarters n they sound alot better than having them on the shelf.just my opinion tho
DC

12th Nov 03 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got JL 6x9's on the parcel shelf running off a 4 channel amp (other to channels running fronts). Used the filter on my amp to back off the vast majority of the bass and they sound great in my opinion. Loud with the boot open and for ppl in the back and provide excellent rearfill for me in the front.
D
Kris TD

12th Nov 03 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6x9's are ruined by subs, dont bother with em.
1.6 Sport BadBoy

16th Nov 03 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOSE 6x9

6x9 + EVIL
chillout

17th Nov 03 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i lost mine then put sum small 5inch ones in the back panel as the boot lifts just for sound as people who are lookin in the boot,
lose the 6x9's mate

New Poll