corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted

New Poll
  <<  87    88    89    90    91    92    93  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted
bigron1988

User status: Offline
11th Apr 12 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like a good fix mate , anychance you could get me all the fittings, also what size of pipeword did you need to use, think i will have to chop my flange up abit to make it work on mine as it has a big piece there
Dale

12th Apr 12 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
looks like a good fix mate , anychance you could get me all the fittings, also what size of pipeword did you need to use, think i will have to chop my flange up abit to make it work on mine as it has a big piece there

I can tell you all the fittings I ordered inc part numbers (from pertek) and had them make the adapter, I used internal diameter hose of 13mm to join the parts together!!
keidicko

12th Apr 12 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by keidicko
quote:
Originally posted by steveboyslim
quote:
Originally posted by dewismotorsport
You don't need the big water pipe on the inlet as all it is a inlet warmer designed for the colder country's if you look at it carefully all it does is loop back on itself, I don't have it and now have no problems with overheating, I spent a lot of time fully bleeding the system which cured my problem

The small pipe does the manifold heating, the larger I thought also feeds the water gallery to the head with additional water, which in turn feeds the manifold heating then returning to the header also helping to bleed any air out of the system.

Steve

Is there enough meat on head and block to drill them out for a larger stud and nut ?
What make stud and nuts is he useing why not order some with a higher tensile strength ?
If the head is lifting under boost no gasket will seal it will it ?

studs are staying tight it looks like the head was compressing under boost , coscast head should hopefully sort it

Its got nothing to do with the studs staying tight the only way your head can lift is if the studs stretch !
If you do have head lift you need better studs !
bigron1988

12th Apr 12 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by steveboyslim
quote:
Originally posted by dewismotorsport
You don't need the big water pipe on the inlet as all it is a inlet warmer designed for the colder country's if you look at it carefully all it does is loop back on itself, I don't have it and now have no problems with overheating, I spent a lot of time fully bleeding the system which cured my problem

The small pipe does the manifold heating, the larger I thought also feeds the water gallery to the head with additional water, which in turn feeds the manifold heating then returning to the header also helping to bleed any air out of the system.

Steve

Is there enough meat on head and block to drill them out for a larger stud and nut ?
What make stud and nuts is he useing why not order some with a higher tensile strength ?
If the head is lifting under boost no gasket will seal it will it ?

studs are staying tight it looks like the head was compressing under boost , coscast head should hopefully sort it

Its got nothing to do with the studs staying tight the only way your head can lift is if the studs stretch !
If you do have head lift you need better studs !

no the studs are staying still there not stretching its the head its lifting up and compressing , think of the head like a bar of aero full of bubbles and a coscast like a dairy milk solid , the aero is compressing with the pressure
corsadonk
Premium Member

12th Apr 12 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can get the bits made up for you if you want, the only tricky bit was holding the inlet so we could drill it. I can take pay pal, and I could post you the bits.
bigron1988

12th Apr 12 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
I can get the bits made up for you if you want, the only tricky bit was holding the inlet so we could drill it. I can take pay pal, and I could post you the bits.

price please mate
possy

12th Apr 12 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have gone from buildin cars to disgussing bars of chocolate lol
possy

12th Apr 12 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by possy
we have gone from buildin cars to disgussing bars of chocolate lol

i am goin for a mars bar fook it
bigron1988

12th Apr 12 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will learn possy thats one of steveboys famous sayings
Dale

12th Apr 12 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

price please mate

Mike sorted all bits for me so he knows exactly what you need!!! Once again thanks Mike
possy

12th Apr 12 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oreet i see
keidicko

12th Apr 12 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

price please mate

Try giving John a ring at the headshop in warrington tomorrow he will have studs made for you i think
you can ask him about your soft head while your on the phone and see what he thinks he has built alot more motors than most and does jobs for alot of big names in tuning !
bigron1988

12th Apr 12 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cv boot had split and threw greese everywhere so changed that

now onto the inlet cooling issue , decieded to copy what dale had done , only prob with ,mine is there is a big bit of ally in the way

drew arround the gasket to see what i had to play with , the fitting in the bottom will be getting moved up to the top hole and a bigger fitting put in the bottom

tool for the job

so far have done this amount

just need to cut the rest of it of, file it down and drill and tap the holes,
bigron1988

12th Apr 12 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

price please mate

Try giving John a ring at the headshop in warrington tomorrow he will have studs made for you i think
you can ask him about your soft head while your on the phone and see what he thinks he has built alot more motors than most and does jobs for alot of big names in tuning !

what dont you get about the studs are not the problem they have beem measured and they have not stretched , also i will stick with my engine builder as he has prob build more big power lets than anyone else
Dale

12th Apr 12 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a read on mig mate.... posted in your thread
possy

13th Apr 12 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your new bits mate

keidicko

13th Apr 12 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

price please mate

what dont you get about the studs are not the problem they have beem measured and they have not stretched , also i will stick with my engine builder as he has prob build more big power lets than anyone else

Yes your let build is so good this is the fourth time its been apart !

I have tried to help you with your engine but you know best ! Try reading up on head lift and see what the cause is
bigron1988

13th Apr 12 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

choped the bit of ally of the inlet manifold

drilled and tapped the holes, they are a bit close but they will work

fittings should be with me in the next few days , cheers mike , just need to order a 3 way pipe and some 13mm id hose and thats it all done

also new comp break rose jointed trackrods and ball joints have turned up just need to go collect them from my mates , when the rj lower arms turn up i will then take the car to protec motorsport to get it all set up

bigron1988

13th Apr 12 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

price please mate

Yes your let build is so good this is the fourth time its been apart !

I have tried to help you with your engine but you know best ! Try reading up on head lift and see what the cause is

its over 550bhp do you just expect me to of build it and have no probems , oil pump failed first time because the first engine builder never cleaned the block propley, second time because the block wasent decked by the first engine builder, and now this is the 3rd time, how many other people are running 550 bhp in a c20let and havent had to take the engine apart , also i havnt asked you for your help , i dont need to read up on head lift as i know what the cause is ,
corsadonk
Premium Member

13th Apr 12 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've done a good job, flating the flange off. What thread did you put in the hole?

I didn't get into the yard today, but I'll be going in tomorrow to get the bits sorted out.
bigron1988

13th Apr 12 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the top one with the fitting in it is 1/4bsp the other one is 3/8bsp as that is what dale tapped his to
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

14th Apr 12 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RON, I take it you are going to PVS with or without the Corsa... Are you already showing with another club?
bigron1988

14th Apr 12 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep will be going to pv but not a clue who I'm showing with will prob just be on the strip all day lol
taylorboosh

14th Apr 12 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

show with cs? also i agree youv did a neat job cutting that ally out
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

14th Apr 12 at 11:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come with CS Ron

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|

<<  87    88    89    90    91    92    93  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted 24 database queries in 0.0577312 seconds