corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone 6 Thread

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone 6 Thread
John

User status: Offline
9th Sep 14 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Precise, synced with a universal time standard, like any phone, current smartwatch or anything that uses the radio signal from an atomic clock.
Russ

9th Sep 14 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that share your heartbeat thing is utter gimmicky bollocks. i want one
Balling
Premium Member

9th Sep 14 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stop talking about the Apple Watch in the iPhone 6 thread please.

Russ

9th Sep 14 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Generation

9th Sep 14 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Wouldn't be surprised if apple tried to get into finance in the near future. A credit card accout which is linked to iTunes and your phone/watch.

Get to the till, scan your watch contactlessly and it goes on your credit card with them
Chris x

9th Sep 14 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wear my watch on my right wrist.

Wonder if they'll have one with the 'digital crown' on the left?!
Russ

9th Sep 14 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris x
Wear my watch on my right wrist.

Wonder if they'll have one with the 'digital crown' on the left?!
do you not have a left arm ?
Russ

9th Sep 14 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Wouldn't be surprised if apple tried to get into finance in the near future. A credit card accout which is linked to iTunes and your phone/watch.

Get to the till, scan your watch contactlessly and it goes on your credit card with them

what does that have to do with them getting into finance..
Chris x

9th Sep 14 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes.

Much prefer my watch on my right wrist.
Jambo

9th Sep 14 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like if you want the proper features the Plus is the way to go but it's massive.

Boo hoo
Balling
Premium Member

9th Sep 14 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only has one feature the 6 doesn't? Or did I miss something?

p

9th Sep 14 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want the watch two threads

[Edited on 09-09-2014 by p]
Jambo

9th Sep 14 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Only has one feature the 6 doesn't? Or did I miss something?

1080p and the larger display means landscape home screen, different message and email screens. It is thicker though.

Can't decide which colour looks good. I liked the Gold 5s but wish they did a black/gold one. Don't like the white anymore. Don't want black again as my 5 looks like it's 300 years old as all scratches/bumps show up so easily
Balling
Premium Member

9th Sep 14 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
1080p and the larger display means landscape home screen, different message and email screens. It is thicker though.

Can't decide which colour looks good. I liked the Gold 5s but wish they did a black/gold one. Don't like the white anymore. Don't want black again as my 5 looks like it's 300 years old as all scratches/bumps show up so easily
Bigger screen showing more isn't exactly a feature, though. It doesn't do anything different. 1080p is worth fuck all as well, it's just a marketing term with no real value, especially on a phone.

Have you seen the Space Grey 5s? Much lighter colour than the black 5 and doesn't scratch as easily. Looks great, imo. Regretted not getting that as most people seem to have the silver now.

Jambo

9th Sep 14 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I am going to guess, having not seen either, that the Plus will have a visibly better screen. Not debating that the out and out specs will be not worth much in real money but to me it's simple, if it looks better I will want it.

I had a brief look in the Apple shop a few months ago, it was nice yeh. I'm tempted with good though as a self confessed magpie. Just not sure I can live with a white one again.
Dom

9th Sep 14 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to eat my hat a little and say the design of the iPhone 6 doesn't look too bad, in black anyway. Although the protruding camera lens does let it down and i'm still confused why they decided to chase the case thinnest bullcrap instead of going for a bigger battery (which is what everyone is really after) and no protruding lens
Was expecting a bit more on the hardware side of things but i guess it's like every other manufacturer with incremental hardware updates. Although i'm surprised they didn't add wireless charging considering the iWatch/Apple Watch.

It will definitely be interesting to see how Apple Pay pans out and if it'll jump start NFC payments; security is the big question though, especially when you consider Apple's track-record with iCloud and the gaping holes in security it has.
Personally i'm not overly convinced about NFC payments; i don't particularly like the idea of holding up a £700 device to a pin machine every time i'm buying something - i think it's quick way of getting mugged
Nic Barnes

9th Sep 14 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good, will get the new phone for sure.
John

9th Sep 14 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't have to hold your £700 phone up Dom, you can hold your wrist at a funny angle to use your £300 watch instead, and leave the £700 phone in your pocket to do who knows what.
Balling
Premium Member

9th Sep 14 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish Apple had had the balls to admit they did a miscount and called this one the iPhone 9.

Cavey

9th Sep 14 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was a bit of info with regards to security on the BBC News app, but can't seem to find it on my PC. -

Found it - "Apple described the service as being "secure" because it worked without Apple needing to store the credit card details itself, or the user having to share their name and card details with the cashier."
Rob_Quads

9th Sep 14 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6 = £539 16GB, £619 64GB, £699 128GB
6Plus = £619 16GB, £699 64GB, £789 128GB
Balling
Premium Member

9th Sep 14 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will that camera lens scratch every surface you leave your phone on, I wonder?

Rob_Quads

9th Sep 14 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The key bit about the security is the fact its not actually using your credit card numbers but tokenisation. The major card card companies are working on this at the moment
Cavey

9th Sep 14 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You pay with tokens, then your account gets billed and you pay Apple for tokens used? - Is that correct?

So what's to stop your phone getting used if it's stolen? - Rather than just cancelling a few cards if you lose your wallet, you'd be down a £540+ phone, and have to then phone Apple to sort out your account with them?

[Edited on 09-09-2014 by Cavey]
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

9th Sep 14 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£539 expected it to be more this time. 5S was £549

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll