corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted

New Poll
  <<  86    87    88    89    90    91    92  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted
steveboyslim

User status: Offline
9th Apr 12 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
Originally posted by steveboyslim
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
Steve do you not think it would be wise to modify the inlet if possible to add a waterway?

I think that having the water gallery at the cam belt end, inlet side, connected to the back of the water pump with a decent size water pipe as the original must help when combined with a bleed pipe back to the header tank (which Ben has done).

Steve

I thought these inlet Jay made only used the top breather pipe and not the larger lower one ala standard XE and Jenvey style? Thats the way its always been on all the ones i have seen, -6 style/size fitting/pipe.

Here is a photo:

[Edited on 09-04-2012 by Rick Draper]

Ben had an early inlet without that fitting shown in you picture, he now has that fitting(bleed pipe) but there is no supply from the back of the water pump to the head as standard/Jenvey.
What I am suggesting is some how (easier said than done) replace/move that fitting with say a -10 or -12 or bigger fitting, connected to the rear of the water pump maybe welding a fitting on a replacment metal rear water pipe and joining the two with a hose.

Steve
Dale

9th Apr 12 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm currently looking into doing this on my setup as stated above.....
Nic Barnes

9th Apr 12 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think its quite important as i can't worker how the head is getting a water supply really.
dewismotorsport

9th Apr 12 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't need the big water pipe on the inlet as all it is a inlet warmer designed for the colder country's if you look at it carefully all it does is loop back on itself, I don't have it and now have no problems with overheating, I spent a lot of time fully bleeding the system which cured my problem
corsadonk
Premium Member

9th Apr 12 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen the same thing happen on a Boggs brothers manifold which didn't have a tail to join to the three way hose. I'm off to Dale's tomorrow night to see if we can make something to solve the problem.

Fairplay for keeping at it.
Mark.W

9th Apr 12 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
Ron you need to add these to you carbon collection.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=CORSA+B+MATS&start=357&hl=en&gbv=2&biw=1441&bih=710&tbm=isch&tbnid=AkZBi6z4mBl2LM:&imgrefurl=http://www.autostyle.co.za/corsa-b-carbon-look-mudflaps.html&docid=CbgTe0R6JTh6gM&imgurl=http://www.autostyle.co.za/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/9/c9432bb344f2019cf54b_large_18.jpg&w=400&h=300&ei=_BqDT-bJIOL80QXQ3uT5Bg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=372&vpy=403&dur=2118&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=127&ty=118&sig=113835044782113917822&page=16&tbnh=161&tbnw=213&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:19,s:357,i:207

Like John said there fake carbon, no good for me

Bloody exspensive for fakes lyk.id want the real deal for that kind of money

[Edited on 09-04-2012 by Mark.W]
Dale

9th Apr 12 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
i think its quite important as i can't worker how the head is getting a water supply really.

I agree and I would rather fit one to be safe...

quote:
Originally posted by dewismotorsport
You don't need the big water pipe on the inlet as all it is a inlet warmer designed for the colder country's if you look at it carefully all it does is loop back on itself, I don't have it and now have no problems with overheating, I spent a lot of time fully bleeding the system which cured my problem

I thought it was a warmer for inlet but it also a feed for the head....

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
I've seen the same thing happen on a Boggs brothers manifold which didn't have a tail to join to the three way hose. I'm off to Dale's tomorrow night to see if we can make something to solve the problem.

Fairplay for keeping at it.

Should be fun tomorrow
dewismotorsport

9th Apr 12 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It can supply water but when closed it can still circulate via the thermostat and pipe by gearbox
Nic Barnes

9th Apr 12 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the main difference between mine and rons that i noticed. can't remember how many hours it was on the dyno for the other friday but coolant never got near 95. its only sitting still where it rises. I've not suffered with over heating or pressurising, so thats all i can see thats different. like i say, I'm not an engine builder like steve is, so I'm only going on what I've experienced/can see.
bigron1988

9th Apr 12 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

this is what ive been lead to believe, prob a stupid question but how did you bleed your system in the end
steveboyslim

9th Apr 12 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The small pipe does the manifold heating, the larger I thought also feeds the water gallery to the head with additional water, which in turn feeds the manifold heating then returning to the header also helping to bleed any air out of the system.

Steve
GregGsi
Premium Member

9th Apr 12 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will then ben got head lol

new head time

BHP vaux
keidicko

10th Apr 12 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

The small pipe does the manifold heating, the larger I thought also feeds the water gallery to the head with additional water, which in turn feeds the manifold heating then returning to the header also helping to bleed any air out of the system.

Steve

Is there enough meat on head and block to drill them out for a larger stud and nut ?
What make stud and nuts is he useing why not order some with a higher tensile strength ?
If the head is lifting under boost no gasket will seal it will it ?
dewismotorsport

10th Apr 12 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Steve

How I understand it: quoting Rob Twitchall
The 3 way pipe is the inlet into the water pump, it is there to allow water to be sucked from the engine back into the water pump through 2 route the first from the back of the inlet (the one most ppl are missing) this allows water to be sucked from the engine (head) before the thermostat is open the second is from the black pipe this comes from the radiator much larger diameter meaning once the thermostat is open this should be the preffered route for the water.

Now the way I see it is without the rear pipe the engine will warm up maybe a little faster but there is still flow from the end of the head so its not a major problem

Also Steve if you open the header tank when running water is returning from the head from the small pipe, hence needing it to get rid of airlocks which Ben has

[Edited on 10-04-2012 by dewismotorsport]
dewismotorsport

10th Apr 12 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
its the main difference between mine and rons that i noticed. can't remember how many hours it was on the dyno for the other friday but coolant never got near 95. its only sitting still where it rises. I've not suffered with over heating or pressurising, so thats all i can see thats different. like i say, I'm not an engine builder like steve is, so I'm only going on what I've experienced/can see.

Mine is same setup as Bens and mine doesn't overheat at all now once bleed properly

Mine only rises at long idle but if fans are on it doesn't
dewismotorsport

10th Apr 12 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

this is what ive been lead to believe, prob a stupid question but how did you bleed your system in the end

Not teaching you to suck eggs here but I'll run through everything I did:

Heater matrix in hot setting
Slowly pour Coolent in allowing it to go down at its own rate
Pump with hand main water hose that joins plastic water pipe and rad until no bubbles come back into header tank
Once at desired level start car and leave to get up to temperature so that thermostat opens and your getting full circulation
Keep checking main hose pumping by hand to see if bubbles come into header tank
Turn off and allow to cool fully
Check level and top up if needed and replace lid
Job done

IMO I think your getting airlocks in the head which then when on boost is getting too hot and causing excess pressure/heat and causing the head to warp
dewismotorsport

10th Apr 12 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh also double check your fan blades are on the correct way try reversing the polarity and see if you get more or less air flow also remove screw and spin blade over and try again, I found I had mine on the wrong way before and was only getting 70% fan effiency. My fans are on the outside of the rad so they blow into bay so work in conjunction with natural air flow when driving or on dyno
Nic Barnes

10th Apr 12 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive only got the one fan on mine works spot on. Temp gets to 95 then that's it even middle of summer.
bigron1988

10th Apr 12 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by keidicko
quote:
quote:

Steve

Is there enough meat on head and block to drill them out for a larger stud and nut ?
What make stud and nuts is he useing why not order some with a higher tensile strength ?
If the head is lifting under boost no gasket will seal it will it ?

studs are staying tight it looks like the head was compressing under boost , coscast head should hopefully sort it
bigron1988

10th Apr 12 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Not teaching you to suck eggs here but I'll run through everything I did:

Heater matrix in hot setting
Slowly pour Coolent in allowing it to go down at its own rate
Pump with hand main water hose that joins plastic water pipe and rad until no bubbles come back into header tank
Once at desired level start car and leave to get up to temperature so that thermostat opens and your getting full circulation
Keep checking main hose pumping by hand to see if bubbles come into header tank
Turn off and allow to cool fully
Check level and top up if needed and replace lid
Job done

IMO I think your getting airlocks in the head which then when on boost is getting too hot and causing excess pressure/heat and causing the head to warp

just what i did, thanks
bigron1988

10th Apr 12 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Oh also double check your fan blades are on the correct way try reversing the polarity and see if you get more or less air flow also remove screw and spin blade over and try again, I found I had mine on the wrong way before and was only getting 70% fan effiency. My fans are on the outside of the rad so they blow into bay so work in conjunction with natural air flow when driving or on dyno

alreday checked them mate and they are on right way, i was only running 1 ebay fan so im now going to be running 3 kenlow fans as that should help alot
bigron1988

10th Apr 12 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ive only got the one fan on mine works spot on. Temp gets to 95 then that's it even middle of summer.

cunt
3i_gaz

10th Apr 12 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 2p.... Your still a Jew.
DERV-POWER

10th Apr 12 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can lend my vacuum bleeder when time comes for a fee (passenger ride in it)
Dale

11th Apr 12 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Ben asked me to copy it in from my project thread....

Now onto the "Cooling issue/not issue" if you can been following Big Rons thread... This is what me and Mike have come up with...

Dewis Inlet with coolant feed marked out, you can see it has vent to header tank but nothing from 3 way pipe at the back of the engine

Standard Inlet

The Standard inlet manifold has a feed from the 3 way pipe with internal bore of roughly 25mm and the feed to the head has a width of 20mm.

First off was to make an adapter to go from the 3 way pipe, internal diameter of 26mm. We used a Barbed 1" adapter (external diameter of 25mm) which was braised onto a 1/2" barbed adapter (external diameter of 13mm) The reason this step was used will come clear soon...

Adapter that was made

Then to keep inside the 20mm hole in the head we used a 3/8 BSP parallel thread to 1/2" barbed fitting which uses an outside diameter of 17mm (thread end) the next size up was 21mm which would be to big for the port in the head.

Adapter with dowty washer

Drill and tap the inlet with 3/8 BSP thread

Fitted

Check fitment with inlet gasket

Adapter in

Trial fit inlet with joining hose

With joining hose fitted

From underneath the inlet

Now I know its still slightly more restrictive over the standard feed but some people arn't having issues without them, So IMO anything is better than nothing. There is still room to drill the adapters out internally aswell.

<<  86    87    88    89    90    91    92  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted 24 database queries in 0.0361710 seconds