corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97

New Poll
  <<  63    64    65    66    67    68    69  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97
Dr Pepper

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 09 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul- why dont you just forget about this programme - just do three decent resistance sessions a week, and two good cardio sessions - eat sensibly.....give it a year and you will have similar results to P90...some people just are not cut out/able to complete these kind of intensive programmes(I am one of those people)

Been watching this thread with interest as im also trying to get fit(mainly with weights)

It seems to me like the programme is good and definately results in serious gains in fitness and shape. If you can stick with it then good on you.

My complaint is that it seems many more people dont complete the programme than actually get through it. Reasons for this seem to vary between boredom/lack of time/lack of results ect. My second complaint is that many people get good results, but then slack off at the end of the programme and let it all slide away again.

On the other forums I am on you see plenty of people join up - post like mad men for a couple of weeks- then dissapear never to be seen again when they decide they cant handle the programme.

Personally - Iknow I couldnt stick to something this strictly for 90 days... so I have just been doing an all body, resistance session 3 days a week using all the core lifts, then on the other 3 days I do two 20 minute HIIT rides on a static bike - and one 20mile cycle at moderate pace. I eat sensibly - but I wouldnt say I have been 'on a diet' - just eat plenty of lean meat, veg and cereals.

Ive lost just over 4 stone and im now starting to get good definition on muscles

What p90 seems to be doing is to give you a mini cut then a bulk....surely your just better doing a proper cut in the summer, followed by a proper bulk in the winter ..... would certainly recommend that for people like Paul who dont have the time or energy to follow this programme. Its the people who do this stuff full time that seem to stay in shape.... you have to maintain it once you have done the programme and lots of people dont seem to underdstand that. I have to be honest - I gave p90x a go...but just found it incredibly boring - it just wasnt for me - my mate swears by it though

Not slating p90 or anything....its still a good thing to do to your body - but I dont really see what the fuss is about if im honest.....and those energy booster liquids taste rank and in my experiance do absolutely nothing.

Sorry about multiple edits - two keys keep sticking on this sodding keyboard
[Edited on 02-12-2009 by Dr Pepper]

Cosmo

2nd Dec 09 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think just as many people quit going the gym as normal as well as this intense sort of thing - it takes just as much motivation to do both things imo.

As for the pre-workout drinks, they certainly work in my experience. Maybe you have a high caffeine tolerance (which I do) so need to up your dose of them.
Dr Pepper

2nd Dec 09 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
I think just as many people quit going the gym as normal as well as this intense sort of thing - it takes just as much motivation to do both things imo.

As for the pre-workout drinks, they certainly work in my experience. Maybe you have a high caffeine tolerance (which I do) so need to up your dose of them.

Yeah - agreed on the gym thing.... I personally hate the places. Just train in my mates garage with a bench, free weights and static bike.

You may be right on the energy drinks- I probably do have a high caffeine tollerance. Althougha can of slimline redbull still gives me a kick....shame its so awfull for you.

To be honest I rarely feel the need for a boost after work.... I workout at about 6pm after work - feels good to lift some weights then- take the shite day at work out on the weights and bike. I love the energy boost working out at this time gives you for the rest of the evining too

ashleh

2nd Dec 09 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've found I have no motivation whatsoever lmao. When I was at college, I didn't have many hours so I would be in the gym 4 times a week and I really noticed the difference. The instructors would measure me every month, so I could see how much bigger I was getting.
Now I've started university, if I'm not at uni, I'll be doing uni work. And if I'm not doing uni work, I'll be doing extra hours at work.
I'm gonna try and get back into a routine come January, really try and watch what I eat, as well as working out.
Dr Pepper

2nd Dec 09 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ashleh
I've found I have no motivation whatsoever lmao. When I was at college, I didn't have many hours so I would be in the gym 4 times a week and I really noticed the difference. The instructors would measure me every month, so I could see how much bigger I was getting.
Now I've started university, if I'm not at uni, I'll be doing uni work. And if I'm not doing uni work, I'll be doing extra hours at work.
I'm gonna try and get back into a routine come January, really try and watch what I eat, as well as working out.

I put on 3 stone in two years at uni..... Its impossible -- all I did was party, uni work, or paid work - there was no time to think about keeping fit.
ashleh

2nd Dec 09 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
quote:
Originally posted by ashleh

I put on 3 stone in two years at uni..... Its impossible -- all I did was party, uni work, or paid work - there was no time to think about keeping fit.

Exactly lmao. First 2 week of uni I practically went out every night, tryin to get to know people n shit. Then all my modules have started to pick up, exams here, reports there. It's all I'm doing atm.
Dan
Premium Member

2nd Dec 09 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking about ordering a power rack today

Comes with lat attachments as well, all for 220 quid!

Better still, shes paying

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Marc

2nd Dec 09 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Always get loads of new faces in January who you never see 2 weeks later!
Cosmo

2nd Dec 09 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:

Aye, its just one of those things.

I dont think P90X is any more intense than getting yourself down the gym 3 or 4 times a week and a bit more cardio on 1 or 2 more days. The workouts (other than Yoga) are all just less than an hour long including warm up and down so not a great deal of time. They can be done at home so no need to get yourself out of the house, and cost less than a gym membership would. Even the diet is more healthy eating than anything strict and is no difference than anyone looking to eat healthy to build up would do.

Its just a case of the person getting off their arse and doing the work.
Dr Pepper

2nd Dec 09 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:

Aye, its just one of those things.

I dont think P90X is any more intense than getting yourself down the gym 3 or 4 times a week and a bit more cardio on 1 or 2 more days. The workouts (other than Yoga) are all just less than an hour long including warm up and down so not a great deal of time. They can be done at home so no need to get yourself out of the house, and cost less than a gym membership would. Even the diet is more healthy eating than anything strict and is no difference than anyone looking to eat healthy to build up would do.

Its just a case of the person getting off their arse and doing the work.

agreed
Cosmo

2nd Dec 09 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well thats the CRE taken, says 4 tabs about 90-120mins before workout. Aiming for about a 4.30-5pm start so perfect.
Dan
Premium Member

2nd Dec 09 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you going to cycle your creatine cosmo?

Cosmo

2nd Dec 09 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive read you dont have to with this CRE (well, have seen it read to have breaks every 12 weeks) but I am going to still yes.
Dan
Premium Member

2nd Dec 09 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, from what i was told/read, its advisable to cycle it, i think i was told the other day to cycle it 8 on / 4 off.

About 5 years ago tho, i took it for about 20 weeks, until i quit, and im still alive, so i doubt its really that vital

Dan
Premium Member

2nd Dec 09 at 15:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i bit the bullet and just ordered this...

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-cf375-power-rack-system-with-latlow-pulley.php

Great customer service by these guys, i emailed yesterday telling them id seen the rack on its own on there site ages ago for 139.99 any chance of that price than the 175.99, emailed back saying 159.99.

So i cheekily said, ok what if i buy the lat attachment as well, what can i have it for, she said 220 rather than 240. so saved myself 20 quid just for asking lol.

Gonna hang a punch bag in the middle, which can be removed, so i can do some bag work for cardio as well

Well chuffed lol

Cosmo

2nd Dec 09 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8 is what Im looking at doing as thats more or less to the end of my 90 days (its more like 7 actually)
Cosmo

2nd Dec 09 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks good Dan, may look in to it more come the new year once this is over and I move on to more workouts.
Dan
Premium Member

2nd Dec 09 at 15:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, id highly recommend something like this if ure gonna train on your own, at home. Its safe when u start as ure not lifting big arse weight, but i was gonna attempt a 70kg bench press for 6 today, and if it would have been that i ended up with on my chest/stomach id have been shitting a brick i think lol

BTW, i just had my elbow give out due to an injury i picked up at work today, had 45kg on bar, and ended up with it resting on my stomach till i could move it down my body to get up, it wasnt a great issue as not that heavy, but much more id have had problems.

Paul_J

2nd Dec 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it does make me laugh, if you look on youtube there are so many videos that are like people who've started day 1 and given up! or done 1 week... or quite a lot who have vids saying they plan to do it and then blatently gave up on first day!
Cosmo

2nd Dec 09 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

time to try Ragnarok. The powder itself smell fucking gorgeous so I have high hopes for it.
Cosmo

2nd Dec 09 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tasted just how it smells, which Ive decided is a marzipan sort of smell with a hint of strawberry.

Wasnt a fantastic taste that Id order at a bar or something, but its easily drank and didnt make me feel sick! Is also fairly sweet tasting so when in water doesnt taste bland.
Cosmo

2nd Dec 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That stuff seems to work as well as the NO Explode, think I need to up the amount to 2 scoops though which I will do next time.

I had the PHD Synergy after and although it tasted perfectly fine, it was the thickest thing in the world Had it with milk so going to try my other two 'try' packs with water and see if it makes any difference.
jaffa

2nd Dec 09 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Well i bit the bullet and just ordered this...

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-cf375-power-rack-system-with-latlow-pulley.php

Great customer service by these guys, i emailed yesterday telling them id seen the rack on its own on there site ages ago for 139.99 any chance of that price than the 175.99, emailed back saying 159.99.

So i cheekily said, ok what if i buy the lat attachment as well, what can i have it for, she said 220 rather than 240. so saved myself 20 quid just for asking lol.

Gonna hang a punch bag in the middle, which can be removed, so i can do some bag work for cardio as well

Well chuffed lol

Quality bit of kit. Had one for last two years. Saved me a couple of times. Benching and squating. Gives me bit more confidence while doing skull crushers that I won't have a bar shaped dent in my face.

Bastard to put together Nice saving on the price

[Edited on 02-12-2009 by jaffa]
jaffa

2nd Dec 09 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan

Let me know how that goes. Always concerned about whether it could cope with the swinging weight of the bag
jaffa

2nd Dec 09 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been reading about the different pre workout supps people have being trying.

Had a few different types before. I always rate just adding 200mg of powdered caffeine and 5g of taurine to my protein and dextrose shake.

Maybe worth a try if you are experimenting as fairly cheap way of doing it

<<  63    64    65    66    67    68    69  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97 24 database queries in 0.0399649 seconds