corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97

New Poll
  <<  61    62    63    64    65    66    67  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97
Cosmo

User status: Offline
1st Dec 09 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It appears Im the only one bringing it
strick206

1st Dec 09 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

It's easy when you don't work
Cosmo

1st Dec 09 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:

It's easy when you don't work

Why, is some unemployed fool doing this?
strick206

1st Dec 09 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul_J

1st Dec 09 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Paul it sounds like your finding excuses blaming all the dvd's you did and people not doing it for you losing motivation

Do your best and forget the rest

I've been wanting to start for 2 weeks, but injured at the minute from football so having to wait another week yet

Yeah 'I'm making excuses', coming from the guy who's been 'starting it next week' for the last 2 months?

Seriously, when you actually get round to doing this you'll see it gets a bit hard to find the motivation in the mid period... especially when you have other things you need to be doing and it's hard to find the time to fit it all in.

You soon know every work out word for word, to the point where it frustrates you when he starts talking nonsense / explaining things in detail, because you know what you need to do and want to get on with it...

Basically, I feel I've let myself down for the 2nd phase, so would prefer to have a week or so properly off, and then get back on it full bore... 100% committed like i did before. I know it'll work if you do it properly, but I know I wont get the results I want if I do it half arsed... So if I'm doing it half arsed I may as well stop.
Cosmo

1st Dec 09 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy the real dvd's and you have options to turn his voice off
Nath

1st Dec 09 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BRING IT
strick206

1st Dec 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J

Yeah 'I'm making excuses', coming from the guy who's been 'starting it next week' for the last 2 months?

Don't nit pick at me just because i cant do it because of injuring both my forearms so not able to lift anything properly

Fact of the matter is you've been crying about it for the last 3 weeks, saying you're not doing it properly, diet isn't right, 600-800 calories etc

Either do it properly or not do it at all

The latter is what i'm doing because atm i'm not fit to lift
Paul_J

1st Dec 09 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Don't nit pick at me just because i cant do it because of injuring both my forearms so not able to lift anything properly

Fact of the matter is you've been crying about it for the last 3 weeks, saying you're not doing it properly, diet isn't right, 600-800 calories etc

Either do it properly or not do it at all

The latter is what i'm doing because atm i'm not fit to lift

Fucking moron that's exactly what I said I'm doing now...
I realised I couldn't do it properly, so I'm not doing it at all until I have the time to do it properly.

Crying about it? Weren't you the guy who puked when you attempted the first day once?
Nath

1st Dec 09 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Roid rage.
strick206

1st Dec 09 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Fucking moron that's exactly what I said I'm doing now...

Well do it and quit moaning in every post about it

quote:

Crying about it? Weren't you the guy who puked when you attempted the first day once?

Has no relevance whatsoever, and tbh, i don't particularly care about it, i played over an hour of football, rested for 30 mins, then did perhaps the most intense one of the week which others have said really makes you feel dizzy

So it was no biggy to me, and even without the football, i find the exercise on day one and beginning of every week the most straining and nautious one
Paul_J

1st Dec 09 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Roid rage.

I just don't appriciate someone getting on their high horse, when they're sitting at home on their couch.

It's as bad as Daimo (VXR) giving jr tips on how to lap the nurburgring, when Daimo (VXR) has never been near the track.

I've basically admitted I haven't got the time to do it due to working out of hours, then I get told by some kid who hasn't even started it to stop whining like a baby?
Nath

1st Dec 09 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo

1st Dec 09 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyway

My latest supplement order. My No Explode is more or less finished and was going to buy that god awful shite I tasted the other day, but not doing now. Have done some reading about and the follow seems to be recommended a fair amount....

Millennium Sport Tec Cre 02, to have about 2hrs before workout. Yes its creatine! Going to give it a try.

Millennium Sport Tec Ragnarok, to have about 30-45mins before workout. This is basically replacing the No Explode.

And Ive ordered 4 'try' packets of PHD Synergy to test as a new post workout shake.
strick206

1st Dec 09 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Roid rage.

I just don't appriciate someone getting on their high horse, when they're sitting at home on their couch.

It's as bad as Daimo (VXR) giving jr tips on how to lap the nurburgring, when Daimo (VXR) has never been near the track.

I've basically admitted I haven't got the time to do it due to working out of hours, then I get told by some kid who hasn't even started it to stop whining like a baby?

You make me laugh to be honest

Some kid like i'm 16, you've got two years on me grandad, not all that really is it

I'm not on my high horse, i couldn't give a toss to be honest, but you've been mulling over quitting for the last 2 or 3 weeks, glad you have decided to do it now because you wouldn't do the program justice, and if you struggled through it all you would probably never do it again

Again back to me, it's ahrd to start it when you can't do it because of injury, same with jizzy, and also, having just bought a house and getting all that started it's not been possible

I will 100% start it, and when i get through 2 weeks i will 100% finish it

Sort your diet out properly and you'll probably find you have much more energy, and motivation, to squeeze it into your day
strick206

1st Dec 09 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Anyway

My latest supplement order. My No Explode is more or less finished and was going to buy that god awful shite I tasted the other day, but not doing now. Have done some reading about and the follow seems to be recommended a fair amount....

Millennium Sport Tec Cre 02, to have about 2hrs before workout. Yes its creatine! Going to give it a try.

Millennium Sport Tec Ragnarok, to have about 30-45mins before workout. This is basically replacing the No Explode.

And Ive ordered 4 'try' packets of PHD Synergy to test as a new post workout shake.

Is that not way too many shakes? having that much liquid in you before you do a workout surely can't be a good idea?

From what i gather, you need plenty carbs after a workout, the cnp pro recover stuff has a good amount of carbs in it, and is spot on, also bought some waxy maize to add to the phase 2 and 3 of the diet post workout
Paul_J

1st Dec 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok I look forward to seeing your results Good luck
Cosmo

1st Dec 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Is that not way too many shakes? having that much liquid in you before you do a workout surely can't be a good idea?

From what i gather, you need plenty carbs after a workout, the cnp pro recover stuff has a good amount of carbs in it, and is spot on, also bought some waxy maize to add to the phase 2 and 3 of the diet post workout

The CRE 02 are tablets, so Im not adding any extra liquid to my diet as the others are just replacing the NO Explode and the post workout drink I was having (just a protein shake with glutamine).

The PHD contains 37g Protein and 18g carbs, plus a load of other stuff...touch me
strick206

1st Dec 09 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same to you

And being honest, you and the clowns results are what is making me do it, the gains in a month were impressive

I think your main problem is your diet though, spend a week sorting it out, getting it to around 1500-2000 calories (agreed still not enough) but you'll have so much more energy by doing so
strick206

1st Dec 09 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The CRE 02 are tablets, so Im not adding any extra liquid to my diet as the others are just replacing the NO Explode and the post workout drink I was having (just a protein shake with glutamine).

The PHD contains 37g Protein and 18g carbs, plus a load of other stuff...touch me

Ahh right, was probably because the whole post was about shakes that i thought they were also

PHD stuff is really really good, and tastes very good, better than all the other stuff i have

This is the stuff i use, i spent a couple of hours on the site trying to find the shakes that closely matched the nutritional info on the p90x recovery drink and bars and that's the closest i found
Paul_J

1st Dec 09 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think your main problem is your diet though, spend a week sorting it out, getting it to around 1500-2000 calories (agreed still not enough) but you'll have so much more energy by doing so

Yeah I agree... that and lack of time to be honest. (you can ask my flat mate as he's on this site), but I wake up in the morning, go straight to work, get back from work and if I'm not doing work in the evening, start p90x, finish p90x have dinner, have a wash and go to bed and repeat... So it just felt like for the last however many weeks I've had no off time.

The diet is an issue for me, I'm dead against eating anything that will make me feel like I'm going to put on weight, as such the initial reaction is to just under eat. Combined with not having a fresh supply of good food while at work and lack of time to cook in evenings.

I think when I watch all these youtube vids of people (americans) diets who make themselves eat loads of food while on the diet, that is the way I should be going... that way I can afford to put a bit of flavouring on chicken, etc as it'll not be the end of the world.

I'm just wondering when the best time to get 'on it' again is... I'm going to continue doing a few work outs a week / going for runs where I get the time, and then relaunch my phase 2 section (potentially after new year).
mantamark

1st Dec 09 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the shakes needed? Dont have many facilities in hotel rooms. Can someone hook me up with a link to some bands, my phone blows at internetricity. What sort of nutrients are suggested, ie, cals, carbs, prot, sugar, fat? Just so i can get into a better diet. Crimbo is going to be tough, not ramming my face all the time! Cheers.
Ben G

1st Dec 09 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes the shakes are definitely needed to get protein from.

no way you could eat that much meat to compensate, you'd feel sick 24/7.

paul, good luck with whatever you choose to do. as said, i'd concentrate on getting the diet 100% right first, as thats the main thing that will damage the results you're looking for.
Nath

1st Dec 09 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried that free sample and I did have a decent work out, but can't say I really felt anything. Was hard to judge really. It certainly didn't 'hit me' or anything. Maybe I need to buy a small tub and try it on a regular basis to see.

p.s. Tasted like utter garbage
Cosmo

1st Dec 09 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its didnt do much and you'd still buy it even with that taste?

<<  61    62    63    64    65    66    67  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97 23 database queries in 0.0286760 seconds