corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer News/Rumours/Bulls**t.

New Poll
  <<  61    62    63    64    65    66    67  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Summer Transfer News/Rumours/Bulls**t.
J da Silva

User status: Offline
19th Jul 08 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Following on from why I don't think Liverpool can break the top 2.... Arsenal have won the PL and challenged more regularly of late than Liverpool, even Newcastle under Keegan have challenged more recently.
strick206

19th Jul 08 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
quote:
Originally posted by Marc
All they've done so far is made offers

Supposedly? Often a lot more than meets the eye. I hope Fergie gets anally raped by the FA - 2 faced twat. (*cough* Tapas Waiter *cough*)

He is trying to unsettle a player if what he has reportedly said in the press is true? It also makes him the thickest POS in the world ever. It is one thing to be a 'liar' a few years later but within weeks of crying about a better team wanting the world player of the year is just taking the fucking piss. He is a prick, I should have belted the red nosed cunt when he cut us up on a roundabout - wanker.

He thinks he is exempt from everything as he believes he manages the biggest team in the world, wake up you Scottish twat - you don't. He needs to get AIDS, fuck off and die.
http://bttos.com/forum/images/smilies/die.gif

[Edited on 19-07-2008 by LETGSI16V]

I agree with your posts on the liverpool subject, but youre talking shit there

Real Madrid aren't a better team, they have been shocking in europe the last few years, yes united under achieve but they have done better than real for a while in the CL

What are the stats on the biggest clubs in the world? United are always up there, first or second, so he can think he manages the biggest team in the world

Ronaldo would not be taking a step forward going to Real Madrid, anyone can see this, even with the bias, i know you hate United but you can't seriously believe he would be going to a better team if he left for Real
Cosmo

19th Jul 08 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
I just think Arsenal are streets above Liverpool in general cosmo, so they shared the 3rd/4th spots in whatever seasons you mentioned, Wenger seems to have plans for long term and some of the time buys an instant gem, Rafa just seems to buy for the season and I think Arsenal are capable of challenging, I don't see Liverpool doing that until they hire a top manager who is able to get the best out of the likes of Kuyt, Babel etc....

Liverpool reserves have won the league the last two seasons. Liverpool Youth team have won the FA Youth cup 2 in the last 3yrs.

Babel came in and scored 11 goals in his first season

Rafa was the person who put Kuyt onto the right, where he then played for Holland so well - having won MOTM in more or less every game in the latter stages of the CL.

Rafa was the person to bring in a player who had scored a max of 16 goals a season in Spain who then went on and scored 33 in his first season, being part of the most prolific scoring partnership in Europe (Gerrard and Torres)

Rafa is the one who has a keeper who has kept the most clean sheets in the PL in each of his three seasons here.

Rafa is the one who has put a defence together who conceeded less goals than the Champions in 2 (3?) of the last 4 seasons.
mikenoncorsa

19th Jul 08 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rafa s the one who can't make Liverpool win the league despite all of the above!!
Cosmo

quote:
Yes but compare the players you have now to the ones you had when he took over, a fair core is still there; Finnan, Carragher, Gerrard etc.

Actually, other than Hyypia, thats it, but saying that Finnan hasnt been first choice RB for a while, and Hyypia (other than an injury to Agger last season) hasnt been first choice CB for some time.

Everyone else...Reina, Arbeloa, Agger, Skrtel, Aurelio, Benayoun, Alonso, Mascherano, Babel, Kuyt, Torres...are all players brought in by Rafa.
J da Silva

Conceeding the least and having the most clean sheets means nothing when you don't bring titles to the cabinet. Just bring the PL trophy to Anfield or Stanley Park, then the issue can be closed.
Cosmo

19th Jul 08 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mikenoncorsa
Rafa s the one who can't make Liverpool win the league despite all of the above!!

Well he has the little problem of Abromavich's billions and United's ability to go out and spend £20m each on kids (Anderson and Nani) and £20m each on squad players (Carrick and Hargreaves)

and
Cosmo

19th Jul 08 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Conceeding the least and having the most clean sheets means nothing when you don't bring titles to the cabinet. Just bring the PL trophy to Anfield or Stanley Park, then the issue can be closed.

Im answering your points - you said Rafa buys instant gems - I showed you he doesnt.

Yous aid Rafa cant get the best out of players - I showed you he can.
Danny P

19th Jul 08 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 2p for what its worth.

I think people instantly dont think of Liverpool being title contenders becuase in recent years that havn't been contending for the title in a significant way to make people think they can win it.

Maybe because Liverpool havn't won the Championship for such a long time people forget/dismiss them straight away on that basis alone, I dont know, but thats what I think straight away when somone mentions them for the title.

Personally, this year I think they have as good-a chance as ever to win it. They have got in Torres who is a 25+ Goal a season striker (something that have been missing for a few years now) The defence is always strong (as proved in recent seasons with the amount of goals they have conceeded) and for once this summer they havn't really had any un-rest with regards to losing players, which will also help them to be settled when the season starts & get off to a decent start.

If Liverpool can win some of thier games against the "Big 4" & dont drop points against the lesser teams (like they have been prone to do in the past) then they will run Utd, Chelsea & Arsenal very close this year.
Limecat
Banned

19th Jul 08 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206I agree with your posts on the liverpool subject, but youre talking shit there

Real Madrid aren't a better team, they have been shocking in europe the last few years, yes united under achieve but they have done better than real for a while in the CL

What are the stats on the biggest clubs in the world? United are always up there, first or second, so he can think he manages the biggest team in the world

Ronaldo would not be taking a step forward going to Real Madrid, anyone can see this, even with the bias, i know you hate United but you can't seriously believe he would be going to a better team if he left for Real

Yes, I do hate Man U but that isn't the reason that I say it. Real Madrid are a more prestigous team IMO. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Man U are a 'small club' or anything like that but I can understand the lure of the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan over Man U.

It is about more than simply playing for a certain team and players do have lives outside of the pitch so the pull of a lovely city in a warmer climate, as is the case with the clubs above, far surpasses anything that a shit hole like Manchester can offer. (P.S. I live in the Manchester are so don't take offence)
Cosmo

19th Jul 08 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Personally, this year I think they have as good-a chance as ever to win it. They have got in Torres who is a 25+ Goal a season striker (something that have been missing for a few years now) The defence is always strong (as proved in recent seasons with the amount of goals they have conceeded) and for once this summer they havn't really had any un-rest with regards to losing players, which will also help them to be settled when the season starts & get off to a decent start.

If Liverpool can win some of thier games against the "Big 4" & dont drop points against the lesser teams (like they have been prone to do in the past) then they will run Utd, Chelsea & Arsenal very close this year.

Exactly my point Ive been trying to make (and said more or less word for word a few pages back!)

I like people not thinking we can win it, infact I was one of those for most of the last few seasons - this season Im not though for the points mentioned above.
Danny P

19th Jul 08 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Danny P

Exactly my point Ive been trying to make (and said more or less word for word a few pages back!)

I like people not thinking we can win it, infact I was one of those for most of the last few seasons - this season Im not though for the points mentioned above.

*High Five*
Cosmo

19th Jul 08 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like Danny
J da Silva

19th Jul 08 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Im answering your points - you said Rafa buys instant gems - I showed you he doesnt.

Yous aid Rafa cant get the best out of players - I showed you he can.

No you've shown me nothing really, he's not even started with Kuyt, been poor goalswise, a striker should score goals, let a winger do the crossing and he can't do that, Babel is better than what you've seen, put your best team out every week, then rest them when their tired not before they even kick a ball.
Danny P

19th Jul 08 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I like Danny

Please dont win it though, i'll never hear the end of it from my armchair supporting Liverpool fan mates

p.s - I will however be putting a bet on you to win it.

[Edited on 19-07-2008 by Danny P]
J da Silva

19th Jul 08 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny P, out of all the underlining stats and performances I just think they can't win it under Benitez, I'd like them too though as I like them.
Danny P

19th Jul 08 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Danny P, out of all the underlining stats and performances I just think they can't win it under Benitez, I'd like them too though as I like them.

Thats fine mate, thats your opinion, and your entitled to it
Limecat
Banned

19th Jul 08 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the thing in Liverpools favour, though not enough to turn them into title contenders, is that from an observers point of view, Rafa appears to have stopped pissing about with his rotation policy so much. It must have been sodding annoying for the players as it wasn't as if he rotated according to performances, he rotated for the sheer hell of it. That alone doesn't give the players much insentive to go out and play a blinder to retain their place because in the past it evidently didn't matter.
Cosmo

19th Jul 08 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No you've shown me nothing really, he's not even started with Kuyt, been poor goalswise, a striker should score goals, let a winger do the crossing and he can't do that, Babel is better than what you've seen, put your best team out every week, then rest them when their tired not before they even kick a ball.

One minute - you said he hasnt got the best out of Kuyt.

Kuyt came over, as many prolific Dutch forwards do, and stuggled for whatever reason. Rafa moved him to a wide right player (not a right wing, a similar position to what Roger Hunt used to play for us) and has since given MOTM performances in top games - and gone on to play for Holland in the same positions and have great games.

How is that NOT getting the best out of him???

Of course Babel is better than what we have seen, but this is his first season. In this first season he has scored more goals than Nani who plays (or atleast played this season) in a similar position. Does that mean Fergie isnt getting the best out of his players?

And the age old rotating argument. Seems you brought it up - how many games did Rafa not start (when fit) Torres in last season?
J da Silva

19th Jul 08 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, and come the last game in May when Liverpool are playing for 4th I'll bump this little baby up.

*Puts nice juicy ham on barbed hook*
Limecat
Banned

19th Jul 08 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And the age old rotating argument. Seems you brought it up - how many games did Rafa not start (when fit) Torres in last season?

Guess here; 2?

[Edited on 19-07-2008 by LETGSI16V]
J da Silva

19th Jul 08 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

One minute - you said he hasnt got the best out of Kuyt.

Kuyt came over, as many prolific Dutch forwards do, and stuggled for whatever reason. Rafa moved him to a wide right player (not a right wing, a similar position to what Roger Hunt used to play for us) and has since given MOTM performances in top games - and gone on to play for Holland in the same positions and have great games.

How is that NOT getting the best out of him???

Of course Babel is better than what we have seen, but this is his first season. In this first season he has scored more goals than Nani who plays (or atleast played this season) in a similar position. Does that mean Fergie isnt getting the best out of his players?

Because he's not ripped the net out enough, I've said that already!

I'm unsure of the Torres business, I just think he should have put Babel up there with him instantly and not played Gerrard on the right as much, I will be hoping Liverpool win it, trust me.
Cosmo

19th Jul 08 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10And the age old rotating argument. Seems you brought it up - how many games did Rafa not start (when fit) Torres in last season?

Guess here; 2?

Yup.

And in one of those he came on as a sub and won the game for us. And the other came before he went away with Spain (Rafa came out and said the reason was due to him being tired) and got injured

Rotating hey
Cosmo

19th Jul 08 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Because he's not ripped the net out enough, I've said that already!

I'm unsure of the Torres business, I just think he should have put Babel up there with him instantly and not played Gerrard on the right as much, I will be hoping Liverpool win it, trust me.

So a player ISNT scoring when played upfront (much like many prolific Dutch forwards have come over here and done - as I pointed out) and Rafa moves him and gets the best out of him (MOTM performances). Yes its not goals - but he is playing better for the team which in the end is what matters. That IMO is showing 100% how to get the best out of players.

And Babel should of been thrown up there? Firstly ask any Liverpool fan and they'll tell you whenever Babel started he just wasnt ready for the pace and strength of the PL. Infact even Babel came out numerous times as said by 60mins from starting he was fucked as the fitness needed was more than he had due to it being his first season. Hence why he didnt start all the time.

And Gerrard on the right?!! Think you are going back 3 seasons (where I might add he scored 23goals from the right). Last season he played in the middle with Masch for the first 6 months (Alonso was out with a broken metatarsal) and the rest he played behind Torres with Bable and Kuyt in support and formed the highest scoring front two in Europe.
Danny P

19th Jul 08 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm glad I didnt bother going out now.

Cant beat a good debate about football

<<  61    62    63    64    65    66    67  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer News/Rumours/Bulls**t. 23 database queries in 0.0269129 seconds