corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My gsi turbo. Massive long overdue picture update!!

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My gsi turbo. Massive long overdue picture update!!
bullock106xsi

User status: Offline
27th May 11 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fantastic blog mate. love reading builds like this. nice work!!!
dale87

30th May 11 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate!

ordered a sard fuel pressure regulator and a forge actuator . Hopefully get the thing started by the weekend

Taking it to PVS this year is looking more likely everyday just need things to go well from now till then
harvey_1066

30th May 11 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool looks awesome, you on the corsasport stand? as i want to take a look around it
dale87

30th May 11 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes mate ill be showing with cs if it's ready
pagey

30th May 11 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OY! you been goin through my thread lol! Get it done dale! Loads of time left!
dale87

31st May 11 at 05:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pagey - thanks mate lol great compliment from imo one of the best on here. and would be nice to put it by yours at pvs. nearly done lol.
dale87

31st May 11 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Small update.

I'm still waiting on a few parts but I can make some progress until they arrive.

Fitted the boost pipe from turbo to the intercooler. Used 51mm for better clearance and the EDS front mount is 51mm anyway. Just got to get some new jubilee clips for it but I'm well happy with fitment/clearance etc.

Fitted collins dump valve and fuel regulator take off.

Put a 60mm 45 degree bend on the EDS tophat.

Then I put the tophat cover on. Engine bay nearly complete now just a few more pipes and things and a good clean but 95% done now.

Dump valve hidden.

And one more cheeky mod. When I scrapped my cav turbo that the engine came from I took the 'turbo' centre badge out the steering wheel for keeps sake. Today I found it a also found out it fits a corsa gsi steering wheel PERFECT! Looks as fuck imo. OEM baby!

Pics.

Oh and I bought c20letandy1988's exhaust on monday, won it on ebay at 4:30 and fetched it straight away so got that sitting there waiting to be fitted.

[Edited on 22-06-2011 by dale87]
shaunmods
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting there now Dale! Would be awesome if it did mate it to pvs, got my fingers crossed for you
Kieran
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting there lad

The trottle cable being routed like that does it not feel like it's going to ping off or snap? I tried to route mine like that ant I just didn't trust it for shit lol
dale87

31st May 11 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Throttle cable seems fine mate. Its actually got a propper nice feel to the pedal not stiff or anything. come to think of it it's better than my xe was with the same cable but in normal redtop position lol.
fazza

31st May 11 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wait till you start driving it mate, then you will more than likely put it back to standard.

i found it kept sticking when i did it to mine
dale87

31st May 11 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll have to wait and see then with that one mate. It snaps the throttle shut nice if I release the pedal quickly, you can hear the butterfly in the tb closing yet it's easy to push the pedal to open it. I don't think it's under any strain as it's not caught on anything underneath but we'll see. I'll keep it in mind mate cheers.
danny90

31st May 11 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yooow dale u need to get on it lol not long now for pvs ha ill tow u ther if i have to lol
dale87

1st Jun 11 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan your welcome to work on it anytime you want hint hint lol and pvs is getting nearer alrite, going to be mega close and it probably won't be the standard i'd like but if its taxed and mot'd ill take it

more progress in a bit
N7 THD

1st Jun 11 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome car there mate
danny90

1st Jun 11 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me work onit if its electrical then yh ur the mechanical minded 1 im the electrition led fitta ha
pagey

2nd Jun 11 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dale, love the turbo badge in the steering wheel, ive got a 3 spoke cavalier turbo wheel with it in and was undecided what to do, looks quality, right up my street OEM ftw!
dale87

12th Jun 11 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit more progress. Not going to take it to PVS as it's just not ready yet.

Fitted the exhaust I bought off c20letandy1988. 2.5 inch downpipe and 3 inch de-cat back with one rear box with 3 inch outward rolled tip. Fits perfect for me. Dan also noticed the wiring on the lambda sensor was a bit ropey so we sorted that out too.

Engine and gearbox oil

Roose turbo to header tank coolant hose

Sard fuel pressure regulator

I've also got the correct silicone elbow to finish boost pipes now so I fitted the standard actuator just so I can start it up. Put the battery on, turned the key and it fired up first time. Just got to mount the battery properly then I can mot it and drive it.

Better pics soon.
dale87

23rd Jun 11 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not updated this in a while and came across a few vids I thought i'd share. The let is up and running just got a very small water leak from somwhere but its so small its hard to locate but apart from that it works!

Vids

When I first put it in the garage. No exhaust and timing issues made the c16 sound evil lol

Random one of during the build I found.

First start of the let.

And a bit of booost

More updates soon
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

23rd Jun 11 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad it's working Dale! Got much to do to get it out and about?

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
dale87

25th Jun 11 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a very very small water leak which I think ive found now

Also my sard fuel pressure regulator is leaking from where it's riveted together inthe factory so I think its a fake or a dud regulator but I'm waiting on an email back from the place I got it from.

And my 106 pas pump dosn't work so think I need a new one but tbh i have never checked it actually worked. it's and easy job to change it over so i'll sort that once the engine runs leak free .
dale87

25th Jun 11 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick pic my mate took, edited then sent me. looks imo well happy with the finished result, exactly as planned.

Mark.W

25th Jun 11 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking and sounding mint mate.
shaunmods
Premium Member

25th Jun 11 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need a c20let in my life inspirational build mate! So glad to see its up and running Hopefully those few little teething problems are easy fixes Dale
JWest

25th Jun 11 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absoloutley Stunning mate what a great read.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My gsi turbo. Massive long overdue picture update!! 24 database queries in 0.0264909 seconds