corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My New Car ***NOW WITH OUTCOME PG 9***

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My New Car ***NOW WITH OUTCOME PG 9***
scoob
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 10 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a lad that came to buy my rx7 did a bank transfer in the bank while we were both there then we made sure it had gone in and he took the car that was from two diffrent banks. i hope you get your money back but i just cant see how you could part with 8k with nothing in hand.
ash_corsa

2nd Jan 10 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
quote:
Originally posted by ash_corsa
You can pay a small fee for a quicker transaction on large sums of cash.

You can do, but I did it online.

What im saying is, surely his brother can pay the small fee to get you your cash back by monday afternoon, fuck waiting until the end of the week for something that might never happen.
Tiger

2nd Jan 10 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking back I remember him waving at his neighbours too, he must have lived there, or be known there.
Jay

2nd Jan 10 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair to Tiger, I've sold a motorbike this way and sent it via courier, payment went tits up and I rang the courier to not deliver it who said he had already delivered it, rang the guy and he sorted it out a few days later as it was over Christmas to which he did and all was well. So fingers crossed for you mate.

Edit: This was Liverpool to London, I never met the lad and he never seen the bike before hand so was alot more risky than Tigers situation...

[Edited on 02-01-2010 by JayM]
jmacd

2nd Jan 10 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jmacd
quote:
Great idea - take 8k in cash.

Heard way too many horror stories, view the car innocently, then you and 'seller' get mugged coincidently.

enough people manage to buy cars paying in cash! I think you now realise why they do

Enough isnt good enough! If it was a couple of grand yeah no worries, not 8 grand though, come on. If you were carrying 8 grand in CASH around with and got mugged you have no leg to stand on, nothing whatsoever will get the money back to you.

yes but you have still ended up with no cash and no car. I
Tiger

2nd Jan 10 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but at the minute I have no reason to think there is any wrong doing, just a fuck up. Had I turned up there with cash and got mugged, I would have been totally fucked.
StuartVRS

2nd Jan 10 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hold on, how can his brother send you the money. He cannot use the account unless he is a named person on it, which you can find out from the bank. Unless he is refunding you til the other one returns?
jmacd

2nd Jan 10 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought that
StuartVRS

2nd Jan 10 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with the bank transfer principle, however id have done it there and then in a bank face to face, even if it meant getting the bankers draft and then driving together to his bank and depositing it. The bank would have acted as a witness to him signing over the car, you drop him off at his house and off ya go. The major worry i have is the apparent refund. I think maybe a simple phone call to explain that the money is in your account by monday AM or you will be contacting the police and taking legal advice. I sincerely hope it works out for you and that this serves as a lesson to people on here too.
CORSA NUT

2nd Jan 10 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tiger forgive me for saying this at a bad time but you sound VERY naive.

You have been scammed and are trying to clutch at hope and straws as a way of making it better.

Act NOW or you will never see the money or any of the 'actors' ever again.Mind you because of the way this has been done i doubt even heavy handed tactics would get the money back.

It's gone.

[Edited on 02-01-2010 by CORSA NUT]
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Jan 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are right to worry as it does seem a bit iffy but you have plently reasons to beleive its not a scam.

When you posted a pic last week,didnt some1 on here recognise the car and the seller??Am i right in thinking they are a reputable business/garage with an online showroom etc??

You have alot of their details.Names,bank details,adresses etc.

Chin up and dont hit the panic button just yet.
jmacd

2nd Jan 10 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I've just looked at your original thread with the picture, did you buy it off a private seller or a garage? as the picture used is off a car sales website based in Blakedown, is that where you went for it?

That picture wasnt the actual car I bought, it was the only photo of that type of car I had handy. The car I went for was private, was advertised on Pistonheads website and I test drove it, checked out vin numbers etc to see they all matched up, hpi'd it etc etc.

it wasnt the car in the pic
Gregor

2nd Jan 10 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ring the number on the for sale ad and ask if the car is still for sale.

Long shot , but you may end up speaking to the original guy which in that case would confirm something dodgy.

Does sound bad however.
Kano

2nd Jan 10 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Tiger forgive me for saying this at a bad time but you sound VERY naive.

You have been scammed and are trying to clutch at hope and straws as a way of making it better.

Act NOW or you will never see the money or any of the 'actors' ever again.Mind you because of the way this has been done i doubt even heavy handed tactics would get the money back.

It's gone.

[Edited on 02-01-2010 by CORSA NUT]

100% agree with you on this.. It reads as a scam all over. People will go to a LOT of bother to get money and 8k would be well worth getting a few mates in on the act to act as neighbours etc.

Sending 8k via bank transfer is absolutely ridiculous, so many better ways of going about it. For example why not have him drive you to the bank in the car your buying, you withdraw the money there and then and keys are swapped while still in the bank. To send 8k to a complete stranger just blows my mind, I'd be nervous sending £100 never mind 8k. Not only that but for a seller just to give up on a sale to go abroad without leaving his "brother" the keys is a plain lie and all part of the act. There would be no reason for this and even if there was, is there not a spare key etc?

I've bought and sold a lot of cars in my time and have never once suggested or been asked to complete a deal via bank transfer and for good reason.

Good luck but I think this story is already written for you...
Kano

2nd Jan 10 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gregor
Ring the number on the for sale ad and ask if the car is still for sale.

Long shot , but you may end up speaking to the original guy which in that case would confirm something dodgy.

Does sound bad however.

Or be greeted by the same guy but him selling a different car.

Might be an idea to contact pistonheads and get them to see if the number has been used on any other adds.
Gregor

2nd Jan 10 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True.

Try typing the number in google too. Whether or not its a scam , youd be as well to do your homework
Tiger

2nd Jan 10 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gregor
True.

Try typing the number in google too. Whether or not its a scam , youd be as well to do your homework

I've done everything, typing his name and number and nothing comes back. I've even checked his name on the Electoral Roll and he is confirmed to be in the town where I went to view the car. There are restrictions to how much I can actually view though.
sand-eel

2nd Jan 10 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
I fucking hate pistonheads

Colin

2nd Jan 10 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very best of luck with that. I must admit the equation does not balance for me.

Paki + BMW *(Skipped the country) = Trouble!
Tiger

2nd Jan 10 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would someone do me a favour tomorrow - Give the bloke a ring and ask him if he still has the car for sale?

If someone would be kind enough I could U2U the number for tomorrow, and see what they say.

Let me know

Thanks guys and gals
CORSA NUT

2nd Jan 10 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll do it mate...no probs.
micra_pete
Premium Member

2nd Jan 10 at 23:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would also be happy to
cjohnson

3rd Jan 10 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me also lol, get the number sent out
RS6

3rd Jan 10 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah man

hope you get things sorted!
Tiger

3rd Jan 10 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I u2u'd Corsa Nut, i'll see if he gets time and comes back with anything first

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My New Car ***NOW WITH OUTCOME PG 9*** 22 database queries in 0.0200140 seconds