corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My New Car ***NOW WITH OUTCOME PG 9***

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My New Car ***NOW WITH OUTCOME PG 9***
Tiger

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 10 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
Take it you didn't get the V5?
If you did take it to a dealers and get a key made, go back and drive it away.

No mate, if I was in the same situation I wouldnt hand over a V5 for a car that I still owned either to be fair. I've sold a couple of cars now by bank transfer, they transferred the full amount to me, when it cleared they came and picked up the car, it was their suggestion, i've never once though that this was a bad way of buying/selling a car.
CORSA NUT

2nd Jan 10 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger

I can honestly say my heart literally sank when i read that first post!!

You've been well and truly fucked over mate in a well orchastrated scam.Not something i'd have been sucked into i can say!!! Alarm bells would have rang the second he'd said he wouldn't accept a bankers draft it's by far the easyest and safest way of buying anything for a high cash amount.

If you get the money back on Monday it will be a miracle mate but i can honestly say it's your own fault.Good luck though.

One of these fuckers came with his 'Brother' to buy my last scooby and even manged to knock another hundred quid off the car even though we had agreed an amount before hand.90%Calculated...robbing...fucking scumbags, Racist? Maybe, but it's the truth and the way of the world i'm afriad.
mattfiesta

2nd Jan 10 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a stupid way of buying a car if Im being honest.
Tiger

2nd Jan 10 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There has been a lot of reports of fake bankers drafts around, A lot of people wont take them anymore. I have bought and sold cars this way for the last 6 years, i've never had a problem before, there was no reason for me to be suspicious this time.

I wont get the money back on monday, he will transfer it back to me on monday, which takes 3-4 working days, which is what the bank told me.

Like I say, the fact they called me to explain the situation stands out to me that its probably a genuine thing, but obviously i'm still staying cautious.
Jake

2nd Jan 10 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you find out from the bank on monday to confirm that he's put in the transfer?
Tiger

2nd Jan 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
can you find out from the bank on monday to confirm that he's put in the transfer?

Not until its on the banks system.
Joe

2nd Jan 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger

Like I say, the fact they called me to explain the situation stands out to me that its probably a genuine thing, but obviously i'm still staying cautious.

Or it could just be a way to keep you from phoning the autoritaah for a few more days so they can get the money elsewhere.

Hope you get it sorted fella, must be a shit feeling.
mattfiesta

2nd Jan 10 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

quote:
He says he will be gone for 6-7 weeks and asked if the money had left my account yet, to which I replied yes.

Sounds more likely to me that he was ringing to check that his plan had worked.
j10E W

2nd Jan 10 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paki cunts, and they wonder why they get branded !!
Tiger

2nd Jan 10 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, it took me 2 years working my arse off to be able to save up this amount of cash, and selling the vehicle in a couple of years is whats paying for me to emmigrate so i WILL get the cash back. People will probably think i'm joking but if I dont get my money back, blood will be spilt. I'm not scared of doing time for this.

Like I said though, i'm giving them benefit of the doubt until d-day.
mattfiesta

2nd Jan 10 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats probably all the time they will need to vanish though buddy, I'd cancel whatever you were doing and try sorting it asap rather than giving them the benefit of the doubt.
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Jan 10 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It was a terraced house, the car was garaged elsewhere.

I'm sorry mate, but you've been royally fucked up the arse on this one.
Tiger

2nd Jan 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By doing what exactly? I turn up at the door all guns blazing only to find out that what they have said is true? Alternatively they dont know who he is, then what? There are no banks open, so I wont acheive anything anyway, the car isnt parked at the house either so I wont be towing it. I could stab his mum, again, only to find out that what I was told was the truth?

What do you suggest I do?
BarnshaW

2nd Jan 10 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell the police, they may have had other reportings of the same thing from the same person?
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Jan 10 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you do go to the bank you can't do anything anyway, once the cash is paid into their account the bank can't do fuck all. Your best bet is to go to the police next week, wait and see what happens on Monday but it doesn't sound good. IF you do get your money back it will be a lengthy process and you won't get any form of compensation.
big eck

2nd Jan 10 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If this guys brother has the cash in his account he can go directly to the bank with you and withdraw the full amount there and then FACT.

No waiting till friday or any of that shit
Tiger

2nd Jan 10 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
IF you do get your money back it will be a lengthy process and you won't get any form of compensation.

If it is fraud, i'll press charges, take him / them to court and see what happens.
mattfiesta

2nd Jan 10 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll have nobody to press charges against they will just flea to pakistan then come back as someone else.
Jay

2nd Jan 10 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattfiesta
You'll have nobody to press charges against they will just flea to pakistan then come back as someone else.

Even though the whole thing sounds dodgy as fuck, the effort that would take would not be worth £7k.
Tiger

2nd Jan 10 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just spoken to the guy again, I asked him if had received the bank details to which he said yes. I said he can appreciate I am worried about gettin gmy money back as I know there are a lot of scams about to which he replied "If it was a scam you wouldnt have heard from me at all. the money will be back in your account by thursday"
BarnshaW

2nd Jan 10 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the guy might not have even got to pakistan, he might live 50 miles up the road from where the car was being advertised from. either way i really hope it is legit and you get your money back safe.
p

2nd Jan 10 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I've just spoken to the guy again, I asked him if had received the bank details to which he said yes. I said he can appreciate I am worried about gettin gmy money back as I know there are a lot of scams about to which he replied "If it was a scam you wouldnt have heard from me at all. the money will be back in your account by thursday"

How much did you give ?
Ojc

2nd Jan 10 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
quote:
It was a terraced house, the car was garaged elsewhere.

I'm sorry mate, but you've been royally fucked up the arse on this one.

This is getting worse

I hope you aren't being ripped off as it's always the hard working grafters that get fucked over by the same old bunch of scum destroying this country and it's always the same bastards doing it.
Tiger

2nd Jan 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All of it, have a look at the car values on page one and you'll get an idea.
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Jan 10 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just looked at your original thread with the picture, did you buy it off a private seller or a garage? as the picture used is off a car sales website based in Blakedown, is that where you went for it?

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My New Car ***NOW WITH OUTCOME PG 9*** 22 database queries in 0.1170619 seconds