corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My New Car ***NOW WITH OUTCOME PG 9***

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My New Car ***NOW WITH OUTCOME PG 9***
BarnshaW

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 10 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or the people at the house could say they cant get in contact with the owner and dont know whats happened to him?
Tiger

2nd Jan 10 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
quote:
Originally posted by big eck
When are you supposed to be getting the money back???

It can be done over the phone there and then cant it???

Sorry but I would never send a large amount of cash to someone without them actually being there in person.

I met the guy, drove the car, hpi'd it, saw his house, saw him in the house talking to his mum, I have his name, his account number, the bank confirmed his name, its a uk bank account, his phone number, the cars reg no.

The fact that they called to apologised and to arrange getting the money back to me suggests to me that they havent done a runner to be fair, but i'm bound to react defensivly.

Don't want to sound like a penis here, but none of that really matters.

It could be their car, under a false name, the house could be some random womans, unless tou DNA checked them both you don't really know it's his mum. Bank accounts don't mean shit, as soon as your money is in theirs you're not getting it back, phone numbers are easily obtained, he could have 50 for all you know. He could have phoned to keep your mind at ease whilst he's getting as far away as possible with your money.

Cheers for putting my mind at rest anyway.

That car has a V5 attached to it, with an address, this whole affair is traceable to at least one point.
Tiger

2nd Jan 10 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Why would someone take car keys to Pakistan as well?

i took my keys to scotland.

was an accident as it's keyless start. dad drove home and had to make sure he didn't stop anywhere and turn the engine off

it does sound dodgy to me aswell, go round there tomorrow morning and get the money.

What good will that do? They obviously won't have the money and the banks wont be open either.
Adam_B

2nd Jan 10 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
was an accident as it's keyless start. dad drove home and had to make sure he didn't stop anywhere and turn the engine off

So you can start your car then you dont need the 'key' near the car to keep it running?
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Jan 10 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

That car has a V5 attached to it, with an address, this whole affair is traceable to at least one point.

That's why I said I don't mean to sound like a penis, but alarm bells must be rigning otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread, do a google search and you will find lots of scams similar, they did a piece about scams like this on TV not long back. I do hope it's all innocen though and you get your money back.
Ben G

2nd Jan 10 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
quote:

So you can start your car then you dont need the 'key' near the car to keep it running?

strange isn't it. it will run until you turn it off and obviously it won't turn back on again.

and yeah i know banks aren't open tonight or tomorrow but go round there to make sure he's still there and not talking shite.
chloe16v

2nd Jan 10 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh dear
Tiger

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
quote:

strange isn't it. it will run until you turn it off and obviously it won't turn back on again.

and yeah i know banks aren't open tonight or tomorrow but go round there to make sure he's still there and not talking shite.

I dont know whether you read the start of the thread. The guy who sold me the car is no longer in the country, its his brother who is transferring the money back to me.
Warren G

with a vauxhall, you need the key in the car to turn it off

so you cant do that
Ben G

2nd Jan 10 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
with a vauxhall, you need the key in the car to turn it off

so you cant do that

ford is better no keys needed

and tiger, at the end of the day. you can't be that bothered or you'd be round there right now sorting it out.

go talk to his brother face to face. make sure he's not trying to fob you off.

i know i'd be round there straight away if anything like this went on with me.
Adam_B

2nd Jan 10 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The guy whose car it is brother just phoned me

If it was a scam, why would you do that?

Be reet im sure.
Warren G

2nd Jan 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it was my money, id be around there now, getting the car towed (its your car) to your house

who gives a fuc what it costs, just get that car in your property
jmacd

2nd Jan 10 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope you get your money back but it does sound dodgey
chloe16v

2nd Jan 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bend door/brake window, wire the ignition, over ride the immobilizer, drive away
Warren G

2nd Jan 10 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep like thats realy gonna work. you cant steal these sort of cars without the keys

people break into houses to steals cars now!

oh, and id ring up, say its okay, il wait for the keys, im coming round to tow the car back to mine

id also ring the ploice up, say you think you have been part fo a scam, and could b e stolen car

[Edited on 02-01-2010 by Warren G]
BarnshaW

2nd Jan 10 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would go and check and make sure the cars physically there?
chloe16v

how far away from you is this car?
Tiger

quote:
if it was my money, id be around there now, getting the car towed (its your car) to your house

who gives a fuc what it costs, just get that car in your property

It was a terraced house, the car was garaged elsewhere.
Warren G

2nd Jan 10 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scam. im sorry
jaffa

Sounds like they either got a better offer for the car or decided not sell and this is their way of backing out.

Reckon you will be fine
mattfiesta

I'd never buy a car off Pakistani, one tried it on when I went to view a car in luton, seems like a legit business in the autotrader ad and the guy on the phone spoke perfect english then when I went to view the car it was at some shitty terraced house that was full of them all talking jibberish including the guy that I had supposedly spoke to on the phone but for some reason he could now hardly speak a word of english, I walked back to my car and drove off. They are lying fucks, one came to view my mates car and asked if he could drive it to his mates to see if he liked the car and told us not to worry because he would leave his car with us which was a piece of shit primera. Untrustworthy cumbags.

[Edited on 02-01-2010 by mattfiesta]
sand-eel

2nd Jan 10 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it you didn't get the V5?
If you did take it to a dealers and get a key made, go back and drive it away.
Adam_B

2nd Jan 10 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

As long as the logbook is still in the sellers name its not Tigers car.
X16joeXE

2nd Jan 10 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
quote:

That's why I said I don't mean to sound like a penis, but alarm bells must be rigning otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread, do a google search and you will find lots of scams similar, they did a piece about scams like this on TV not long back. I do hope it's all innocen though and you get your money back.

Want there something similar on 'The Real Hustle'?
scoob
Premium Member

2nd Jan 10 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattfiesta
I'd never buy a car off Pakistani, one tried it on when I went to view a car in luton, seems like a legit business in the autotrader ad and the guy on the phone spoke perfect english then when I went to view the car it was at some shitty terraced house that was full of them all talking jibberish including the guy that I had supposedly spoke to on the phone but for some reason he could now hardly speak a word of english, I walked back to my car and drove off. They are lying fucks, one came to view my mates car and asked if he could drive it to his mates to see if he liked the car and told us not to worry because he would leave his car with us which was a piece of shit primera. Untrustworthy cumbags.

[Edited on 02-01-2010 by mattfiesta]

me and my mate went to pick up an evo he had seen on ebay, spoke to an english women on the phone and transferd a £100 deposit to her, we drove 4 hours to bristol fish pond estate? saw the car it was 3 years older then advertised the woman who we spoke to had to rush to the hospital with her son half an hour befor we got there so her brother would be there to do the deal, there was a few imported cars sat on the drive and the house was full of pakis he could hardly speak english we demanded the deposit back and left. badgers

[Edited on 02-01-2010 by scoob]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My New Car ***NOW WITH OUTCOME PG 9*** 22 database queries in 0.0136092 seconds