corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa VXR Preview Evening (56k warning) Now with Vid Page 2

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa VXR Preview Evening (56k warning) Now with Vid Page 2
Jill
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Mar 07 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
vauxhall should have spent less time on pointless things like this and more time and money on say for example, kitting it out with a decent brembo brake system instead of painting the calipers blue and hoping noone would notice

[Edited on 07-03-2007 by Steve]

The brakes are quite a lot bigger than standard they wouldn't be allowed to make a car if the brakes were off a 1.2 SXi.

As soon as they start buying in branded brakes, they start getting more hassle with things like warranties, royalties, repairs blaa blaa.

But IMO by having a set of branded brakes on a near £16k car would make it a bit more "top end of the market" ie: the ford focus rs has OZ racing alloys, recaro seats AND brembo brakes (with no major problems regarding royalities, warranties etc etc). And if I was gonna spend that amount of money on, apart from the fact I probably wouldn't waste that on a corsa in the first place, I would definitely want something "extra" and/or "fancy" to make it stand out a bit more than the norm. If that makes sence.

JILL

[Edited on 07-03-2007 by Jill]
Steve
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed, jill knows the score, vauxhall have made this car to impress the kids, they may have done a good job of that, they may not, but for me, its not serious enough for me to be impressed
Robin
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are we judging brakes on looks as well as seats now?
Daimo B

7th Mar 07 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve, you really are just negative with everything arn't you.

Brakes have been upgraded.
Suspension has been upgraded.
Engine has been upgraded.
Dash, seats, interior, dials etc, all upgraded.
Wheel, bodykit, guess what, ALL UPGRADED.

In fact, most of the car is upgraded

The "blipping" of the dials is another standard VXR thing. Probably takes 10 seconds of programming.

Its something only the VXRs do. Ignition on, dials flick to the end and back. I use this as my "ignition time" for all the systems to ready themselves for the cars start.

Watch this space for an approved Exhaust upgrade in the future as well....

Steve - A 4 pot upgrade will be available at some point.

Why put something on a car thats not needed and will cost a lot more to add to the car hence putting the overall price up??? The astra only has upgraded calipers and disks, and they worked fine even on track days? Have you driven one to push the brakes to see how good/bad they are yet? Clio Sport doesn't have 4 pots (maybe the special cup editions etc, but standard they don't). Neither does any of the small hot hatches (Fiesta ST etc).

Bejesus christ, try start looking and thinking outside your little box.

Deano, the Astras staying standard, its Donnas weekday work horse and my weekend play thing

[Edited on 07-03-2007 by VXR]
jr

7th Mar 07 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes robin, if this car wasnt a corsa, there would'nt be anywhere near this amount of put down and doubts on a car none of us have driven
Steve
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

upgraded to what? vents and crap that dont do anything ??

as for the dials, my megane used to do that, any electronic dials can be made to do that, like you say 10 mins of programming.
Robin
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve, what exactly does that black section in the rear bumper of a 106 GTi do?
Steve
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

absolutely nothing, and noone is claiming it to do anything either
jr

7th Mar 07 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve the brakes have been upgraded to be better, thats all you need to worry about
Steve
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how are they better? are the 4 pot? better than what? a 1.2 model? so they should be, doesnt mean they are still good.

jr

7th Mar 07 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they will be 4 pots

knowone can say there bad either, i cant belive were all judging a car on how the brakes look and what plastic the dash is made from
Steve
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 16:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noone can say they are bad, but if they were brembo we could definatly say they were good!
Daimo B

7th Mar 07 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR

upgraded to what? vents and crap that dont do anything ??

as for the dials, my megane used to do that, any electronic dials can be made to do that, like you say 10 mins of programming.

Damn your ignorence does make me laugh. I'll put it in nice big spaces so even you understand...

Brakes have been upgraded - THIS IS TO LARGER BRAKES AND BIGGER DISKS TO COPE WITH THE EXTRA POWER.

Suspension has been upgraded. - HAS UPRATED DAMPERS AND STIFFER LOWER SPRINGS TO AID HANDLING..

Engine has been upgraded - TO A 1.6 16v TURBO = SEE ABOVE>>>

Dash, seats, interior, dials etc, all upgraded - NEWER STYLE DIALS TO KEEP IN VXR RANGE (do you know what VXR stands for hence the sporty theme??????)

Wheel, bodykit, guess what - BIGGER WHEELS, MORE LAIRY KIT FOR IMPROVED ROAD PRESENCE...

So what if it has a few vents... Since when was there a rule book about bumpers n such? I must remember to contact VW about some of their bumper designs.......

Steve
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i know what vxr stands for, its a clever marketting ploy to use the touring cars tuners name on road cars, it means nothing

Robin
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
absolutely nothing, and noone is claiming it to do anything either

As far as I'm aware, no-one is claiming the vents on the Corsa do anything
Steve
Premium Member

yes the rear diffuser aid performance apparently
Daimo B

7th Mar 07 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
noone can say they are bad, but if they were brembo we could definatly say they were good!

Wrong..... The cast calipers as used on the Megan and such arn't all that great, only come on the special editions, and are just as heavy as a standard cheaper brake setup.

The Astras brakes are fine, i have no doubt the brakes are any worse on the corsa.

Instead of being negative miserable whinger, why don't you keep the negative thoughts to yourself and let those who ARE interested in the car add their views?

You don't know FA about the car, but are happy to slate comment after reading auto express and seeing a few pictures

I bet you've not been in any type of VXR actually
Steve
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
yes robin, if this car wasnt a corsa, there would'nt be anywhere near this amount of put down and doubts on a car none of us have driven

i cant elp but get the feeling people are worshipping this car for the very reason that its just a corsa, if this would have been a peugeot, it would have been put down
Daimo B

7th Mar 07 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yes i know what vxr stands for, its a clever marketting ploy to use the touring cars tuners name on road cars, it means nothing

Touring car tuners are 888?

I don't see no 888 VXR? I see a special edition Astra 888, tuned by, 888....

VXR is a brand.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Wrong..... The cast calipers as used on the Megan and such arn't all that great, only come on the special editions, and are just as heavy as a standard cheaper brake setup.

The Astras brakes are fine, i have no doubt the brakes are any worse on the corsa.

Instead of being negative miserable whinger, why don't you keep the negative thoughts to yourself and let those who ARE interested in the car add their views?

You don't know FA about the car, but are happy to slate comment after reading auto express and seeing a few pictures

I bet you've not been in any type of VXR actually

why dont people just let me get on with my own views then instead of arguing with me to try and change them

surely it doesnt matter what i think if the vxr is simply as good as is being made out.
Daimo B

7th Mar 07 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Do you know what a rear diffuser does Steve?? It can aid ANY car no matter how big or small, fast or slow.

Its called areodynamics, look it up, learn something real instead of learning your own opinion.
Robin
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
but if they were brembo we could definatly say they were good!

How? They could be shit

It would just be another grand on the price.

Like Daimo (who incidentally has actually driven a VXR branded model) says, the standard VXR sliding caliper and bigger disc setup is fine, why bother with more for the sake of impressing the max power generation with a name drio?
Steve
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes thanks daimo i know the purpose of a diffuser hence why its pointless on any car that is only capable of ~140mph its just for show
Robin
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

That's nothing to do with the vents you moron

Renault have diffusers, are you complaining about them?

A diffuser WILL aid performance, fact.
Daimo B

7th Mar 07 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

why dont people just let me get on with my own views then instead of arguing with me to try and change them

surely it doesnt matter what i think if the vxr is simply as good as is being made out.

Having an opinion is fine. Going on and on and on and on and on about the same thing, of which you don't really know anything about, just shows ignorence and stupiditty and a want to just cause trouble and arguments.

I've said this time after time. Having an opinion is fine, but when the opinion is full of mis guiding facts, and is repeated over and over again, it just makes you look a simpleton and really shows your lack of knowledge about cars.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa VXR Preview Evening (56k warning) Now with Vid Page 2 22 database queries in 0.0174439 seconds