corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa VXR Preview Evening (56k warning) Now with Vid Page 2

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa VXR Preview Evening (56k warning) Now with Vid Page 2
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Mar 07 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rachel H
Steve, please STFU

Corsa D is much much better built than the Corsa C, don't comment unless you have been in both.

please remind me what you have owned apart from a punto and vauxhalls?

have you been in a corsa d?

[Edited on 07-03-2007 by Steve]
Rachel H

7th Mar 07 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes you gay, I wouldn't have said it otherwise would I?

Golf 1.3C
jr

7th Mar 07 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been in both IMO D is on par with the facelift corsa c's why are better built than any other vaux i've been in, and far better than anything clio wise, and fords etc
CorsAsh

7th Mar 07 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice IMO, wouldn't have to change anything on it really.

Thanks for the "rubbing"

How were the seats?
Rachel H

7th Mar 07 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did it have a trip computer Deano?
Tom

7th Mar 07 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
The more i see it in red, the more dissapointed I am.

Like the astra, it shines out in blue, but looking at those pictures, it looks too much like a bubble car..

Have to say, the Clio sport looks better, looks wider and meaner at the back.

Exhaust looks like it follows the standard corsa exhaust route (to the left when looking at the back), then goes into a "car width" rear silencer, then into the tailpipe. Probably like the astra in the terms of quiet at normal running, then rooooarrrs like a cat having a mental Hissing fit under full load.

Aye, think it overboosts to 192bhp for a few seconds for "overtaking."

That car will handle well though as its in cometition with the Clio sport, and Vauxhall have spent (sorry, Opel), have spent bloody years developing this car.

Its nice, but i'd have prefered the OPC Model C to come out, and in the modern hot hatch era, i'd still much prefer the astra.

Same

I do like it from certain angles and I think it would look better on the road though.

I just hope it handles.
nathy_87

7th Mar 07 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i prefer the Irmscher version tbh all i like on that VXR version is the Triangle exhaust let down
Scotty C

7th Mar 07 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, after seeing those photos i'm thinking of getting one of these in a few years, insted of a CTR
Scotty C

7th Mar 07 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What colours are available?
Robin
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Red.
Blue.
Silver?
Black?
White?
Scotty C

7th Mar 07 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please say there will be white

Saying that, i've only ever seen a VXR in red or blue
Tommy L

7th Mar 07 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blue or black would look better if they do a black. not keen on the red but does look quite
deano87

7th Mar 07 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rachel H
Did it have a trip computer Deano?

I can't imagine it not having a trip computer - I wasn't in it when started, only when the radio and lights were turned on etc so couldn't see much. I can't see them not putting stuff in like that.

Oh, when you turn on the ignition, before the engine starts, you get all the read outs and the dials go back and forth Rally style apparently.
deano87

7th Mar 07 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love the pic I took from this angle.

mwg

7th Mar 07 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I may have missed this but what do the standard 17" wheels look like
Daimo B

7th Mar 07 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87

Oh, when you turn on the ignition, before the engine starts, you get all the read outs and the dials go back and forth Rally style apparently.

Standard VXR range stuff.

Im assuming that the Corsa will follow the previous VXR lines in terms of kit.

£500 alloy wheel upgrade.

Free red plaint.

Other paints at £300 optional extra.
Silver, Black, Blue.

Presuming the Sat Nav system will be the same, £1500, and im wondering if it'll have leccy folding wing mirrors as an upgrade.

Something we really really wanted on the astra but they didn't do, but DO list as an optional extra now, GRRRRRRRRRRR.

Im thinking it'll just be a mini astra. Everything basically the same, but on a smaller car, smaller engine etc.

It'll be a great car, but those pictures do nothign for me styling wise. But then again, pictures NEVER (even the best photography in the world) show the true extent and true image of a car. I've seen some great photos, but when seeing the car turned out to be awful, and vice versa, bad photos, but a stunning car in real life.

I'll wait to see one on the road, as i ride and overtake so many cars to london, i usually see loads of models (saw a brand new Jag (like the aston) last night) stuck in traffic
Tom

7th Mar 07 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen loads of those new xk's
Daimo B

7th Mar 07 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usually im staring at rear lights and the road, not the actual cars (watching for pople cutting lanes etc). Nowt special really, just lucky as theres so many people with too much money on my route home.

And i pass every one of them on my cheap bike

Anyhoo, VXR Corsa....
Steve
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dials go back and forth rally style iv heard it all now, they really have pulled out all the stops to provide the neds with the stuff they desire
deano87

7th Mar 07 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
I may have missed this but what do the standard 17" wheels look like

No, haven't got a picture.

The guy mentioned that the ones on the car are the 18's, which are the 'Y' shape wheel, with the 17's being more 'V' shape.

VXR - yes, the guy (head of VXR brand) basically said, that it was a mini Astra. Has a colour coded v-grill, like on all VXR cars etc and the dials thing which he compared to Astra. The mirrors do look like they fold (they had a gap where they joint to the car) so you'll either move them by hand or will be electric. I can't see them not to be honest. Now it is an extra on the Astra VXR, can't you have them fitted to yours?
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

7th Mar 07 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really like it.
deano87

7th Mar 07 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
dials go back and forth rally style iv heard it all now, they really have pulled out all the stops to provide the neds with the stuff they desire

Or may be because it is such a performance orientated car it 'needs' them? After all, why do rally cars do it?!

They admitted that the spoiler, gills/vents etc are cosmetic, to make it look more menacing and have greater road presence. When he mentioned the spoiler in the presentation I asked quickly before he moved onto the next point "does it need it?" and he said no. But then did go on to say the diffuser was performance enhancing. Why stop on the outside with 'cool' stuff?

And if someone says "well that didn't have to put it in, might have kept the price down" - if the car is too cheap compared to competitors, consumers will think that it isn't as good quality or just as good a car.

[Edited on 07-03-2007 by deano87]
Steve
Premium Member

7th Mar 07 at 16:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it doesnt need dials that go back and forth its just another pointless feature, like the vents, like the diffuser which lets face it, ownt do jack shit unless your doing 180mph somewhere

vauxhall should have spent less time on pointless things like this and more time and money on say for example, kitting it out with a decent brembo brake system instead of painting the calipers blue and hoping noone would notice

deano87

7th Mar 07 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
vauxhall should have spent less time on pointless things like this and more time and money on say for example, kitting it out with a decent brembo brake system instead of painting the calipers blue and hoping noone would notice

The brakes are quite a lot bigger than standard they wouldn't be allowed to make a car if the brakes were off a 1.2 SXi.

As soon as they start buying in branded brakes, they start getting more hassle with things like warranties, royalties, repairs blaa blaa.
Whittie

7th Mar 07 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm

For 16K is it really worth it though??

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa VXR Preview Evening (56k warning) Now with Vid Page 2 22 database queries in 0.0162251 seconds