corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VTS vs EVO , quite a good vid at bruntingthorpe.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VTS vs EVO , quite a good vid at bruntingthorpe.
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 07 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id love an evo
im not saying its a better car because its not, im saying that all these people in this thread saying the evo wasnt trying blah blah, mustve been a crap driver etc,... i wouldnt be so sure

[Edited on 22-01-2007 by Steve]
Joe

22nd Jan 07 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would be a bit of a downgrade though hey Steve. 106 to an Evo
jr

22nd Jan 07 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joe6886
Who cares. Really 106's can go round corners. Wow lets have a wank, no-one really gives a shit. Give me an Evo any day of the week.

Rob B

22nd Jan 07 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant believe people saying hes not booting, why would he go out on track, nearly spin it as people have said trying to go round a corner to fast.

That saxo is probably nearly 200 bhp per tonne, if the evo is standard there wouldnt be much in it.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
I cant believe people saying hes not booting, why would he go out on track, nearly spin it as people have said trying to go round a corner to fast.

That saxo is probably nearly 200 bhp per tonne, if the evo is standard there wouldnt be much in it.

Bhp/tonne doesn't always make the difference. The Saxo was designed to be a quick good handling hatch. The Evo is a rally derived awd machine. If he was pushing it to its limits, like the saxo driver appears to be doing, pretty poorly tbh, then I think he would of easily pulled away.
Ojc

22nd Jan 07 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do not believe.
jr

22nd Jan 07 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

on a track like bruntingthorpe there is noway what so ever a saxo, regardless of spec is faster than an evo

on a tight sprint track maybe, but not on an airfield
Rob B

22nd Jan 07 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the evo was just semi trying then ?
jr

22nd Jan 07 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know, there is knowone that does know bar the driver of the evo, but everything is in favour of the evo beeing faster
Ojc

22nd Jan 07 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cannot believe this is still going on, surely people are aware of the Evo's capabilitys? A CITREON SAXO OR 106 WILL NOT BEAT A EVO REGARDLESS OF STATE OF TUNE.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe the Evo driver was there to try to get to grips with his new car and didn't want to over do it and wreck his new pride and joy because of two twats in a saxo sitting up his arse?
Rob B

22nd Jan 07 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are they twat's for getting excited ?
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I cannot believe this is still going on, surely people are aware of the Evo's capabilitys? A CITREON SAXO OR 106 WILL NOT BEAT A EVO REGARDLESS OF STATE OF TUNE.

noone is saying it will

PS i know of one tarmac rally 106 that will easily beat an EVO running a full cosworth 4wd system, 4 seconds to 60

Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think in the handling stakes there really isnt a great deal in it, thats all im saying
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even if the power/weight ratio is EXACTLY the same, the Saxo will not be faster when being driven by the same person.

The DRIVER is the key point here, not the car
Rob B

22nd Jan 07 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok but the guy driving the saxo wasnt great either
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
PS i know of one tarmac rally 106 that will easily beat an EVO running a full cosworth 4wd system, 4 seconds to 60

So not really a 106 then? more like a sierra with some 106 panels? suspension will all be sierra stuff...
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Why are they twat's for getting excited ?

Ok, if someone sat up behind you saying "get out of the fucking way you cunt" you'd look back and say, Gee those boys aren't half excited... Gotcha
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

noone is saying it will

I know of an Evo... By norris design that will easily beat that 106
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So Rob, do you HONESTLY think that a FWD car with ~180bhp will be faster than a 4WD rally bred car with at least 280?

honestly?

I've beaten a Ferrari before btw.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your all ignoring the video i posted earlier richard burns could drive the 106 faster through the corners than most of those ferraris, the skyline, the nsx etc etc, same driver
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eckmcmann
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

noone is saying it will

I know of an Evo... By norris design that will easily beat that 106

yes however i was proving olivers statement factually incorrect
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
your all ignoring the video i posted earlier richard burns could drive the 106 faster through the corners than most of those ferraris, the skyline, the nsx etc etc, same driver

How do you get he drove it through the corners faster At what part did it prove that Exactly. They said it was one of the best handling, didn't say it was faster through the corners... Stop adding arms and legs to stories mate. And that is from a video that I bought years ago. I think things have changed since then.
Rob B

22nd Jan 07 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No i think the evo should be quicker, it pulls away on teh straight a bit anyway, its the fact of people saying he wasnt trying etc that is annoying..
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I watched the video. Liked it. Admitantly the 106 did do well.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VTS vs EVO , quite a good vid at bruntingthorpe. 22 database queries in 0.0114009 seconds