corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VTS vs EVO , quite a good vid at bruntingthorpe.

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VTS vs EVO , quite a good vid at bruntingthorpe.
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 07 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
yes that evo was an FQ400 or something though robin what evo was in that vid? not all evos are out and out rapid

and the evo in the vid in this thread was what? you don't know.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yes that evo was an FQ400 or something though robin what evo was in that vid? not all evos are out and out rapid

It was the Evo 5 or 6 I think. The 6 being one of the quickest, if not thee quickest Evo's until they brought out all the MR's and FQ's.

[Edited on 22-01-2007 by Eckmcmann]
nik

22nd Jan 07 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
none i was about to say this is going off a tangent.

I think the evo was trying and i think people need to get over the fact that a saxo modified in this way could give an evo a run for its money round a twisty track

the trouble is peole have been brainwashed by the likes of fast and furious and think that an evo is the be all and end all.

Yes evos were used for rallying, so was a saxo, none of the road going versions will be anything like there rallying counterparts.

Group N Evo?
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:

and the evo in the vid in this thread was what? you don't know.

from memory i know it wasnt an fq400

i didnt open it as id seen it a while ago, but cant remember if it was a 5 or 6 in the vid, or what model
nik

22nd Jan 07 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eckmcmann
quote:

It was the Evo 5 or 6 I think. The 6 being one of the quickest, if not thee quickest Evo's until they brought out all the MR's and FQ's.

ALL Evo's from 4 onwards are 276bhp unless it's a special edition - FQ, MR VII onwards. 6 wouldn't be any quicker standard than a 5.
Adam-D

22nd Jan 07 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just my opionion, saxo was flat out and pushed to the limit, tail was twiching to on some corners.
and most proberly had a lot of money sunk into it

evo was stable round the corners and most probably almost standard,

plus the vid ends as soon as the saxo was past, i have no doubt if the evo wanted to and most probably did get back past a corner or two later. < but that is pure speculation.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

an evo 5 RS is quicker than a GSR
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
quote:
Originally posted by Eckmcmann
quote:

ALL Evo's from 4 onwards are 276bhp unless it's a special edition - FQ, MR VII onwards. 6 wouldn't be any quicker standard than a 5.

They may all have the same power but that doesn't mean they all weigh the same etc. But I'm not going down the road of debating different kinds of Evo's now
nik

22nd Jan 07 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
an evo 5 RS is quicker than a GSR

See my post, RS equates to a special edition. Same power just less weight. If you want to get tricky the VI TME is quicker than the VI GSR - different turbo so it spools up quicker etc, delivers power better.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont for one minute claim that it will beat an evo round a track, i am saying that it will probably give it a shock through some corners
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 15:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
just my opionion, saxo was flat out and pushed to the limit, tail was twiching to on some corners.
and most proberly had a lot of money sunk into it

evo was stable round the corners and most probably almost standard,

plus the vid ends as soon as the saxo was past, i have no doubt if the evo wanted to and most probably did get back past a corner or two later. < but that is pure speculation.

Thats the point I've tried, and by the looks of it failed to get across
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats also what i meant when i said the evo will be more forgiving, you really need to know how to drive the vts properly to get the most as it can be twitchy as hell, but as a result does give loads of feedback
Carl

22nd Jan 07 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
As previously mentioned, think of it like this,
You have an evo, you can afford it but not in the position where you don't care for it. You think "i know i have an evo lets use it properly" you sign up to a track day, it might be his first in might be his fifth, he doesn't want to crash his evo either way, What would you do?
Drive around like your balls are on fire on the limit? Obviously not.

The saxo driver, obviously likes is car, however its fundementally a saxo, he crashes it gets re-shelled for little cost, he's been on a few track days and gets a bit cocky, he sees an evo and thinks "right i'm going to do that evo" and clearly pins it and drives around close to the limit.

To me that is obvious, not taking anything away from the saxo obviously a bit of kit, but thats an evo, designed to win rallys and an awesome bit of kit. Its everything to do with the drivers skill and mentallity. I think people need to step back and look what they are argueing about and realise its going in circles and is pointless.
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

276bhp book figure Nik, because of the Japanese agreement thingy. Everyone knows certain cars leave there with more power straight from the factory, not saying the Evo does, but it could have done.

The only way anyone I will believe the Saxo is better than an Evo 5, is if they are both driven by the same person, who is independant.

The driver of the Evo may well have picked it up that day, or it might be a rented one from the track day organisers or whatever, it could even be running badly and the lad with the Saxo obviously knows his car, and has driven it a few times.

Far too many factors to know for sure IMO.
nik

22nd Jan 07 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
276bhp book figure Nik, because of the Japanese agreement thingy. Everyone knows certain cars leave there with more power straight from the factory, not saying the Evo does, but it could have done.

The only way anyone I will believe the Saxo is better than an Evo 5, is if they are both driven by the same person, who is independant.

The driver of the Evo may well have picked it up that day, or it might be a rented one from the track day organisers or whatever, it could even be running badly and the lad with the Saxo obviously knows his car, and has driven it a few times.

Far too many factors to know for sure IMO.

Some have more power some don't. My old TME with just an exhaust, filter, downpipe and decat made 329 atf. Others with those mods only make 300 or even less so it's horses for courses. We'll never know what that Evo was running so the whole argument is a bit lame really.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also people are just writing the saxo off just because its racing an "evo" which i also think is just as lame and a little short sighted
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who?
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people saying A VTS WILL NOT MATCH AN EVO NO MATTER OF ITS STATE OF TUNE
Ojc

22nd Jan 07 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It won't Steve you moron FFS, normally you are quite educated when it comes to cars etc, but even if you had a SC or TB or Turbo on there it wouldn't be a match for a Evo around a track, not at all.

Get a grip before I send Mitchell round.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the evo would probably beat it round the full track but i still stand by my claim it could match it through the corners
Butler

22nd Jan 07 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day, the evo driver could have been taking it fairly easy, we didnt see any back end action of any sort on his part. When I was at combe I overtook a ZX 1.8 stage rally car, ive no doubt its quicker than my car but some people just really dont want to be pushing it too much. Yes the car flamed, and maybe at that particular point he left it quite late to change gear. Ive no doubt if it were even standard it would still be quicker round that track with the same driver.
Rob B

22nd Jan 07 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ant
oh ffs this is pointless dribble saxo beat that evo on that day with said drivers end of.

Fed up of hearing well i know what id rather have, of course most would prefer an evo but there something a bit naughty about pulling a superior cars pants down in a well fettled hot hatch.

Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bet 100% that if that wouldve been a nova beating that evo everyone wouldve been praising it and people wouldve been saying it was possible etc

[Edited on 22-01-2007 by Steve]
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course its possible, but you'd have to spend a small fortune.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no if a nova LET woudlve been going round and beating the evo people on here wouldve said fairplay, i guarantee it

<<  3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VTS vs EVO , quite a good vid at bruntingthorpe. 22 database queries in 0.0162032 seconds