corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VTS vs EVO , quite a good vid at bruntingthorpe.

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VTS vs EVO , quite a good vid at bruntingthorpe.
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 07 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
No i think the evo should be quicker, it pulls away on teh straight a bit anyway, its the fact of people saying he wasnt trying etc that is annoying..

I agree with that, but he wasn't pushing it to its limits either, which the fella in the saxo was clearly trying to do.
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
No i think the evo should be quicker, it pulls away on teh straight a bit anyway, its the fact of people saying he wasnt trying etc that is annoying..

So you think he was?

How do you know?

It's unlikely isn't it?
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eckmcmann
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
your all ignoring the video i posted earlier richard burns could drive the 106 faster through the corners than most of those ferraris, the skyline, the nsx etc etc, same driver

How do you get he drove it through the corners faster At what part did it prove that Exactly. They said it was one of the best handling, didn't say it was faster through the corners... Stop adding arms and legs to stories mate. And that is from a video that I bought years ago. I think things have changed since then.

excuse my ignorance but i was under the impression if something handled better it should be able to take corners better
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eckmcmann
quote:
your all ignoring the video i posted earlier richard burns could drive the 106 faster through the corners than most of those ferraris, the skyline, the nsx etc etc, same driver

How do you get he drove it through the corners faster At what part did it prove that Exactly. They said it was one of the best handling, didn't say it was faster through the corners... Stop adding arms and legs to stories mate. And that is from a video that I bought years ago. I think things have changed since then.

excuse my ignorance but i was under the impression if something handled better it should be able to take corners better

So the 106GTi could take the corners faster than the F355?

Edit: And the Skyline, and the 911, and the Elise etc etc

[Edited on 22-01-2007 by Eckmcmann]
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it seems the experts (something that i and certainly you, are not) think so

[Edited on 22-01-2007 by Steve]
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
it seems the experts (something that i and certainly you, are not) think so

[Edited on 22-01-2007 by Steve]

They were looking for a car that was best at handling, but you said it took the corners faster. I mean come on Steve, do you honestly think a 106gti can take corners faster than an R33 Skyline Which, at the time, was the first car to get around The 'Ring in under 8 minutes
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes because there is a lot of straights at the ring, where the skyline will make up its time,

they say the 106gti handles better so suggests to me it will take corners better
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A better handling car is not always the fastest through the corners Steve, you are clinically insane if you think that
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yes because there is a lot of straights at the ring, where the skyline will make up its time,

they say the 106gti handles better so suggests to me it will take corners better

I'm still trying to fathom this You genuinely believe that a 106GTi will go through corners faster than an R33 Skyline GTR.... because they liked the way it felt going through the corners better?

Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

better handling would suggest to me that it can take corners faster, what do you think better handling means?
Carl

22nd Jan 07 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As previously mentioned, think of it like this,
You have an evo, you can afford it but not in the position where you don't care for it. You think "i know i have an evo lets use it properly" you sign up to a track day, it might be his first in might be his fifth, he doesn't want to crash his evo either way, What would you do?
Drive around like your balls are on fire on the limit? Obviously not.

The saxo driver, obviously likes is car, however its fundementally a saxo, he crashes it gets re-shelled for little cost, he's been on a few track days and gets a bit cocky, he sees an evo and thinks "right i'm going to do that evo" and clearly pins it and drives around close to the limit.

To me that is obvious, not taking anything away from the saxo obviously a bit of kit, but thats an evo, designed to win rallys and an awesome bit of kit. Its everything to do with the drivers skill and mentallity. I think people need to step back and look what they are argueing about and realise its going in circles and is pointless.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 15:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
better handling would suggest to me that it can take corners faster, what do you think better handling means?

Well I'd say its better to whoevers driving it. Burns didn't like the F355 because the steering was, and I quote, "too light". Does that make it slower than the GTi around the corners though?
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

possibly, if the feeling isnt there then your not going to have the feedback to want to push it
nik

22nd Jan 07 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
As previously mentioned, think of it like this,
You have an evo, you can afford it but not in the position where you don't care for it. You think "i know i have an evo lets use it properly" you sign up to a track day, it might be his first in might be his fifth, he doesn't want to crash his evo either way, What would you do?
Drive around like your balls are on fire on the limit? Obviously not.

The saxo driver, obviously likes is car, however its fundementally a saxo, he crashes it gets re-shelled for little cost, he's been on a few track days and gets a bit cocky, he sees an evo and thinks "right i'm going to do that evo" and clearly pins it and drives around close to the limit.

To me that is obvious, not taking anything away from the saxo obviously a bit of kit, but thats an evo, designed to win rallys and an awesome bit of kit. Its everything to do with the drivers skill and mentallity. I think people need to step back and look what they are argueing about and realise its going in circles and is pointless.

Spot on. I always get neds trying it on, end of the day you know what your driving and what it can do. Don't need to prove to anyone yet they probably think they are quicker

People need to use common sense here.
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They said the skyline was FASTER FFS Steve, the 106 was MORE FUN, not quicker.

Anyway, wtf has that got to do with a modified one being driven round an airfield?
Ant

22nd Jan 07 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh ffs this is pointless dribble saxo beat that evo on that day with said drivers end of.

Fed up of hearing well i know what id rather have, of course most would prefer an evo but there something a bit naughty about pulling a superior cars pants down in a well fettled hot hatch.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
possibly, if the feeling isnt there then your not going to have the feedback to want to push it

Exactly. So he might not have liked that, and liked the GTi, but just because he was a fantastic driver, it doesn't mean his opinion is one of everyone else who watched that video. Don't get me wrong I thought the GTi did very well, and looked very quick on the track, but I sincerely doubt it was faster through the corners than the R33, the F355, or even the Elise.

Carl

quote:

I agree with eck in this case thats wrong in regards to the video. Better handling could be in regards to the feel of it, the stability etc and be relative to the speeds. In a way a r6 motorbike has better handling that an r1, obviously smoother around corners but not always quicker!
Tom

Handling means fast and slow corner and long and short a mixture. A 106 is a go-kart. An evo pound for pound will match most supercars in most ways bar top speed and looks.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

none i was about to say this is going off a tangent.

I think the evo was trying and i think people need to get over the fact that a saxo modified in this way could give an evo a run for its money round a twisty track

the trouble is peole have been brainwashed by the likes of fast and furious and think that an evo is the be all and end all.

Yes evos were used for rallying, so was a saxo, none of the road going versions will be anything like there rallying counterparts.
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would like to see that Saxo in the first vid against a Murcielago on the TG test track.

When it beats it, I will accept that it is better than an Evo, but not until then.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes that evo was an FQ400 or something though robin what evo was in that vid? not all evos are out and out rapid
Nismo

22nd Jan 07 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo the driver or passanger is a twat and the same goes for the rs vid that Jr posted

just cus its an evo doesnt mean its the fastest thing in the world
Carl

22nd Jan 07 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I think the evo was trying and i think people need to get over the fact that a saxo modified in this way could give an evo a run for its money round a twisty track

the trouble is peole have been brainwashed by the likes of fast and furious and think that an evo is the be all and end all.

Yes evos were used for rallying, so was a saxo, none of the road going versions will be anything like there rallying counterparts.

"Used" and "designed for" are a bit different Steve.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 07 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yes, it has went a bit off topic to say the least. But back to my point, the evo driver may have been trying, but he was not pushing his car to its limits and that you could see clearly. And you could see from the slide happy saxo driver that he was giving it his all.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » VTS vs EVO , quite a good vid at bruntingthorpe. 22 database queries in 0.0293710 seconds