corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  34    35    36    37    38    39    40  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
Matt L

User status: Offline
17th Jan 10 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can believe how clean every part of this car looks/will be.

can you please please please wrap it in bubble wrap when you take it out on the roads.
Adam C
Premium Member

17th Jan 10 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everything is done spot on to this car, perfection

Sort of wish I had bought my Green Corsa back and followed you in your style and make it mint again, but thats out the window

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Mark.W

17th Jan 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking tip top shaun,the engine cover and the inlet power box looks miles better silver.
Ollie_B

17th Jan 10 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm so gald you got them done silver, because i want to get a vx inlet and do the rocker cover and inlet anthracite , top work though Shaun!
AndyCorsaSport

17th Jan 10 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Immaculate as always, this needs a mag feature when its done!!
Pauly

17th Jan 10 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jus read through the thread and love this car one of the best i've seen
DannyE2010

17th Jan 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

swwet riide were u get tha alloys mate?
thegsi

17th Jan 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh my god this is going to be mint!
taylor2008

17th Jan 10 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done mate comeing along nicely now :-D that manifold looks the dogs balls.
MarkSport

17th Jan 10 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice mate that looks ace in silver .mines being sericed atm so will be down soon to have a sneak peak
Paul_Safc

17th Jan 10 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good progress mate, when you think you will have the engine in and all sorted then?
ozzy_corsa

17th Jan 10 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright shuan, can't wait to see the end product mate! just wondering if you know how much it is roughly to have my bumpers and arches sprayed white? at spice paints? u2u me back please
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Jan 10 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks everyone Makes it feel all worth while reading these comments lol

Matt, I think I'm going to be seriously paranoid when I start driving it again I've had so much bad luck with driving the last few months. Fingers crossed thats the last of it now!

Paul, My deadline was going to be early march but judging my progress so far I think that might be little optimistic now I think April may be more realistic to be honest. I only get chance to work on it properly one day a week usually because of work and college so its a pain in the arse trying to find the time. Luckily I've got a lot of time off work this week so I can really crack on with it then

Ozzy, cheers mate I'll u2u you in sec

I've decided now to change the dashboard loom to a non 12v/1.2 16v one so that I can just plug the engine loom straight in rather than having to butcher it trying to get all the wirings to match. This means taking the dash out though which is going to be quite a big job, but I think it will work out for the best in the long run

[Edited on 18-01-2010 by shaunmods]
gez bay

19th Jan 10 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same manifold as i had on my corsa

car looks like its coming along well
MarkSport

19th Jan 10 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shaun mate,the dash isnt too big a job.I'll help you if you need it,you got my number
Graham88

19th Jan 10 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She's gonna be a gem
.Matt

19th Jan 10 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shaun my advice is attempt to wire the 1.6 into the 12v loom, the dash was the last route for me cause i only had a week for it to been i couldnt ponder to figure it out, i would do dash last resort plus you may need interior loom if thecar has an alarm you take dash loom from
Root

19th Jan 10 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i live for updates
shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd Jan 10 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its that time again people...Update time!

I picked up my parts from Spice Paints during the week. Seriously chuffed with the work, perfect as always! I had my front and back bumpers resprayed with a little exhaust recess cut on the irmscher bumper Also had my boot semi-smoothed and fully resprayed inside and out. The guy said it was the best condition corsa boot hes seen, couldnt believe how spotless it was. I'll post some pics of the boot tommorrow, its tucked away in the garage at the min

Hands up who loves fresh paint I do! lol

Time to get to work on the engine again! The first thing we did was to cut the exhaust off. I couldnt for the life of me work out how to get to get the down pipe off so we broke out the angle grinder! no messing about lol

Once that was sorted we set about removing the lower arm ball joint clamps. The drivers one came straight out but the P/S one decided it was coming out. rusted solid! Had to drill it out in the end! Now that they were both removed we were able to remove the drive shafts. All the boots etc look to be in pretty good nic!

The engine was now ready to come out Quick pic of it before we un done the engine mounts

We slowly dropped the engine down a little bit at a time. As we did we noticed a couple of wires still connected at the back so they were discounted. mananged to break the clutch cable which is a bugger! I'll have to get a new one.

Engine out!

1.0 12v engine for sale

One of my speedlines got knocked over as well and stratched all the face Gutted. I think I'm just going to get all four done again as they all could do with a freshion up to be honest.

More updates coming tommorrow hopefully

[Edited on 23-01-2010 by shaunmods]
Mark.W

23rd Jan 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paintwork on the bumpers look amazing shaun
thegsi

23rd Jan 10 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's getting there mate. Fair play. Can't wait to see the final product
Ben G

23rd Jan 10 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do you have so much money

love it shaun, always clean and fresh. perfect.
Sean-B

23rd Jan 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top notch Shaun, spice paints really are fantastic, quite a quick turn round time for Daz as well!

Shame about the wheel though
corsabrad

23rd Jan 10 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coming along well shaun cnt wait to c it finish. bet u cnt wait to get it bk on the road seen u in the pug a few times.
shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd Jan 10 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys Its getting there slowly now. Its new to both me and my dad so we're just taking our time with it and learning as we go along. I think i'm going to need to get some help when it comes to putting it all back together though. I think we may struggle a bit.

Cheers Ben, I'm a poor student I only work part time around college, I have to save hard to pay for it. Its worth it though I reckon!

Sean, blame my dad lol, he's the one that knocked it over

Brad, thanks dude. Your right im seriously can't wait to get it back on the road now, as much as im loving the 106 beast it really doesn't cut it lol.

Hoping to fit the boot and back bumper tommorrow, that will be all the crash damage fixed then I can concentrate on the engine side of things after that

[Edited on 23-01-2010 by shaunmods]

<<  34    35    36    37    38    39    40  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.0229521 seconds