corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43)

New Poll
  <<  28    29    30    31    32    33    34  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43)
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Jun 15 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks decent

needs skirts though
Jason x
Premium Member

28th Jun 15 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks

Still undecided on skirts, I do really like those Steinmetz ones shown on the previous page though.
Jason x
Premium Member

28th Jun 15 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
Fit a boot popper with a button on the dash. Back in the day we used to wire it to the rear wiper arm haha

I'm not sure weather I'd be able to do that myself, I was thinking some kind of pull/leaver that just open the boot from inside.. Only really for the MOT anyway as I don't keep or put anything in the boot

[Edited on 28-06-2015 by Jason x]
Haimsey
Premium Member

30th Jun 15 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Skirts for sale in classifieds atm...

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Jason x
Premium Member

30th Jun 15 at 23:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah seen them, tempted by both the skirts and the splitter tbh.
johnny86
Premium Member

30th Jun 15 at 23:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
Yeah seen them, tempted by both the skirts and the splitter
tbh.

I would would look a lot better
Jason x
Premium Member

30th Jun 15 at 23:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to see mate, Not sure if I'll be able to afford it this month.
Jason x
Premium Member

30th Jun 15 at 23:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa passed it's MOT today, only two advisories and there is also an oil leak which I already knew about.

[Edited on 30-06-2015 by Jason x]
anthcorsa

1st Jul 15 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sick Jase lad. Nervous times are mot's, did they comment about you car? when my audi goes in and my old SRI and the space green one i had before that i always had a 10 minute chat with the mechanic afterwards lol
Jason x
Premium Member

1st Jul 15 at 00:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was sure it was going to fail, wasn't off to a good start either when I got there and tried to open the door to get out the rod had somehow came off the Interior door handle so could even open then door properly was actually suprised when it passed.

And yeah mate had a chat with a couple of them about the car, took it there to be MOT'd last year but it looked a lot different then.

[Edited on 03-07-2015 by Jason x]
Jason x
Premium Member

5th Jul 15 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5/7/15.

Collected my petrol flap from paint few days ago, not happy with it though as there are several problems with it as shown below..

Marks

Bits in the paint

no rubber seal

Bit of a shame as all the other work i had done looks great, anyway... couldn't leave it like that so went on the hunt for a new one and bought one from someone breaking and arden blue Corsa.

New one fitted - much better.

Cleaned up again.

But I'm having a bit of an issue with the interior door handle, before i dropped my car to be MOT'd last week as i got out the car (literally just before handing the keys over) i heard and felt the rod pop out when i tried to open the door.

So yesterday i took the door card etc off to have a look, and as i thought the rod have popped out the hole (not at the end where the chrome interior handle is) but at the other side of the door. So put it back in the hole and pushed the little clip back on top of the rod put the door card back etc then opened the door a couple time with the interior handle but it keeps popping off , repeated the process a couple time and it just keeps doing it? any help would be greatly appreciated.

[Edited on 05-07-2015 by Jason x]
Generation

5th Jul 15 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks a different shade of blue. Why did you accept it like that, or just taken it back
Jason x
Premium Member

5th Jul 15 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not a perfect match, not too bad though looks a lot better than the other one

I didn't realise it was like that when i left as it was put of for me, only thing i knew about was the fact the seal had been taken off and broken.

Don't know if theres any point taking it back, cant be bothered with the hassle
--ToM--

5th Jul 15 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno why you didn't do it yourself a small item like that, your previous rattle can efforts seem to have turned out well
Jason x
Premium Member

5th Jul 15 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't pay for it sperately mate, I didn't really even ask for it to be done I think it was just done to match up the colour.. But he forgot to do it when I collected the car so did it at a later date which is why I only just collected it recently.

The reason I got a new flap instead of just respraying it myself was because the seal had been broken and removed and it didn't look like somthing that could be put back on otherwise I would of done that.

Haimsey
Premium Member

5th Jul 15 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Painting the drums black at some point?

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Jason x
Premium Member

5th Jul 15 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely , it's one of those things I keep forgetting about will get round to it soon
Kieran
Premium Member

5th Jul 15 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good. But is there a dent in front drivers wing? Also has it been wet sanded yet?
Jason x
Premium Member

5th Jul 15 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is yeah, it's always been there since I bought it there's also a tiny one on the roof towards the spoiler area.

I've not wet sanded it myself, not sure what was done while it was at the bodyshop though
Kieran
Premium Member

5th Jul 15 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh ok. Just looks to me that it needs a good flat and polishing. Would really shine and looks less thick if you see what I mean. Not a dig just a advisory mate
Jason x
Premium Member

5th Jul 15 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's fine mate, do you mean just the rear qauter that's been painted or the whole car? I know the whole thing needs a good polish (never been polished) but can't really notice any difference myself between the freshly painted area
Kieran
Premium Member

5th Jul 15 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea just rear quarter bud. But whole lot could benifit if never done lol
Kieran
Premium Member

5th Jul 15 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And bonnet lol
Jason x
Premium Member

5th Jul 15 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It makes sense as those are two parts that have been painted, looking at it on the photos I do see what you mean but it's somthing that wouldn't even occur to me unless pointed out

Kieran
Premium Member

5th Jul 15 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool. Just didn't want you to feel it were a putdown. Just think I would help a little lol

<<  28    29    30    31    32    33    34  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43) 24 database queries in 0.0231218 seconds