corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay?

Poll: EU exit or stay?
LEAVE 65 (63.11%)
STAY 38 (36.89%)

New Poll
  <<  24    25    26    27    28    29    30  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EU exit or stay?
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
27th Jun 16 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If there was a 2nd referendum, i'd want a 2nd home nearer the polling station, my expenses for the day to be paid and a £50 lunch token
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jun 16 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Best brexit speech yet

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154650248600730&id=556280729

Isn't he the guy who's been accused of backtracking over immigration numbers?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/daniel-hannan-mep-bbc-newsnight-evan-davis-vote-leave-immigration_uk_576e723de4b08d2c5639423a?kzd3209nfpggy14i

Saw this on the TV surprised it didnt do the rounds on facebook

No. Remain bias is misquoting what's been said. No-one including me wanted zero immigration, or drastic immediate cuts, more just the ability to control it hence over time reduce it, not have it continue go up uncontrollably.

It's like the remain using the bus campaign sticker of 350m spent on the eu - lets invest in the NHS. When it never said we would invest ALL of it back into the nhs.

Besides it's unreasonable to expect an exact spending plan, al agreements to be drawn up 2 days after the election. Any redistribution will take months/years to determine.

You have to remember there are lots of sore egos and agendas here

[Edited on 27-06-2016 by Steve]
MoesTavern

27th Jun 16 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dunno

"We send the EU £350 million a week, let's fund our NHS instead"

Sounds pretty clear to me.

Also:

http://news.images.itv.com/image/file/1019912/stream_img.jpg

[Edited on 27-06-2016 by MoesTavern]
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jun 16 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I dunno

"We send the EU £350 million a week, let's fund our NHS instead"

Sounds pretty clear to me.

And chances are we could use some of that to fund the NHS, I have edited my post above to make it clear that the remain are demanding answers and plans straight away because they know no-one can possibly have all the agreements and budgets set out already then using that as a stick to beat with
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jun 16 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do they really expect, with an off the cuff question, someone to detail a complete new budget post brexit? no, they realise this, then start crying that someone said this and its lies etc etc.

What about all the claims the remain have made that have turned out to be lies, immediate emergency budget, ww3 etc etc
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jun 16 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ako2yD8-j5k

That seems to be forgotten
MoesTavern

27th Jun 16 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Do they really expect, with an off the cuff question, someone to detail a complete new budget post brexit? no, they realise this, then start crying that someone said this and its lies etc etc.

What about all the claims the remain have made that have turned out to be lies, immediate emergency budget, ww3 etc etc

I think it's more to do with bogus campaign promises that Leave campaigners are now distancing themselves from

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2016-06-24/nathan-gill-i-dont-know-anything-about-350m-nhs-pledge/

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/26/eu-referendum-brexit-vote-leave-iain-duncan-smith-nhs

Steve
Premium Member

27th Jun 16 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not up to all these random campaigners, it needs a strong brexit government in power to oversee the process, form the budgets etc, then we will see what goes where.

No-one is in a position to say officially or unofficially where any of the left over money will go.

3CorsaMeal

27th Jun 16 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think most leave voters had made their mind up before all the campaigns really kicked off.

I didn't listen to anything about economy, immigration, and where the money saved will go.
MoesTavern

27th Jun 16 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mean

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CigJZyuWUAYcnSi.jpg

That sounds an awful lot like a promise to me, they could hardly have been more unequivocal with it.

And if people are voting on the basis of this, they need to be held to account for it, surely?
Cavey

27th Jun 16 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because the remain campaign didn't tell any lies at all... Fair enough it wasn't quite as blatant as that. But they're politicians. All they do is lie.

Cameron pledged when he won an election to drastically cut immigration. He has come nowhere near and was told that he wouldn't be anywhere near. Said it anyway.

If people based it solely on the thought the the NHS would get an extra 350m a day then they're a bit silly
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jun 16 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The NHS may still get an extra 350m, who knows, noone at the moment, and noone is in a position to say anything certain right now.

Probably not for a couple of years will it become apparent how far out the leave campaigners were with their claims.

Its way too soon to start throwing accusations

But of course that is what is happening, because the remain voters just want some to whinge about, which is fair enough I suppose, they have just lost something and generally people dont like losing.

Same shit happens with football.

MoesTavern

27th Jun 16 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I've seen it's the Leavers who are complaining about this particular issue, as they feel they've been mislead.
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jun 16 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you have seen is a handful of leavers in the media mentioning it, that have been purposely cherry picked and portrayed by the remain media as representation of the leave majority.

I haven't seen anyone that I know who voted to leave worrying about it

MoesTavern

27th Jun 16 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry 'Remain media' ?

'Bregret' stories have been reported all over the place, including from the Daily Mail. I'd hardly call them biased in favour of Remain.

from DM comments:

http://s420.photobucket.com/user/Blue5wirl/media/Screen%20Shot%202016-06-26%20at%2011.22.53%20AM_zpsybsmkor6.png.html?t=1466850327

3CorsaMeal

27th Jun 16 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why people don't buy private health care insurance is beyond me. NHS is for the pikeys.
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jun 16 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Sorry 'Remain media' ?

'Bregret' stories have been reported all over the place, including from the Daily Mail. I'd hardly call them biased in favour of Remain.

from DM comments:

http://s420.photobucket.com/user/Blue5wirl/media/Screen%20Shot%202016-06-26%20at%2011.22.53%20AM_zpsybsmkor6.png.html?t=1466850327

17 million odd voted out mate. Including your examples I've seen about 10 chatting this bollocks.

Come back to me when you have 50% of the votes
MoesTavern

27th Jun 16 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm aware of the result, Steve. I was just pointing out that these people aren't just cherry picked by the 'biased media'
Nic Barnes

27th Jun 16 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

getting bored of the angry remain people.
MoesTavern

27th Jun 16 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going mad here.
3CorsaMeal

27th Jun 16 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As a leave voter i do sometimes wonder the full consequences of the Brexit. Notice quite a few people banging in about getting different passports etc. What is the benefit of that? How will leaving affect passports and using them?

Ste
Premium Member

27th Jun 16 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because your passport says European Union on it. So does your driving license

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
MoesTavern

28th Jun 16 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting post from the Guardian's comments section yesterday which is doing the rounds on social media:

"If Boris Johnson looked downbeat yesterday, that is because he realises that he has lost.

Perhaps many Brexiters do not realise it yet, but they have actually lost, and it is all down to one man: David Cameron.

With one fell swoop yesterday at 9:15 am, Cameron effectively annulled the referendum result, and simultaneously destroyed the political careers of Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and leading Brexiters who cost him so much anguish, not to mention his premiership.

How?

Throughout the campaign, Cameron had repeatedly said that a vote for leave would lead to triggering Article 50 straight away. Whether implicitly or explicitly, the image was clear: he would be giving that notice under Article 50 the morning after a vote to leave. Whether that was scaremongering or not is a bit moot now but, in the midst of the sentimental nautical references of his speech yesterday, he quietly abandoned that position and handed the responsibility over to his successor.

And as the day wore on, the enormity of that step started to sink in: the markets, Sterling, Scotland, the Irish border, the Gibraltar border, the frontier at Calais, the need to continue compliance with all EU regulations for a free market, re-issuing passports, Brits abroad, EU citizens in Britain, the mountain of legistlation to be torn up and rewritten ... the list grew and grew.

The referendum result is not binding. It is advisory. Parliament is not bound to commit itself in that same direction.

The Conservative party election that Cameron triggered will now have one question looming over it: will you, if elected as party leader, trigger the notice under Article 50?

Who will want to have the responsibility of all those ramifications and consequences on his/her head and shoulders?

Boris Johnson knew this yesterday, when he emerged subdued from his home and was even more subdued at the press conference. He has been out-maneouvered and check-mated.

If he runs for leadership of the party, and then fails to follow through on triggering Article 50, then he is finished. If he does not run and effectively abandons the field, then he is finished. If he runs, wins and pulls the UK out of the EU, then it will all be over - Scotland will break away, there will be upheaval in Ireland, a recession ... broken trade agreements. Then he is also finished. Boris Johnson knows all of this. When he acts like the dumb blond it is just that: an act.

The Brexit leaders now have a result that they cannot use. For them, leadership of the Tory party has become a poison chalice.

When Boris Johnson said there was no need to trigger Article 50 straight away, what he really meant to say was "never". When Michael Gove went on and on about "informal negotiations" ... why? why not the formal ones straight away? ... he also meant not triggering the formal departure. They both know what a formal demarche would mean: an irreversible step that neither of them is prepared to take.

All that remains is for someone to have the guts to stand up and say that Brexit is unachievable in reality without an enormous amount of pain and destruction, that cannot be borne. And David Cameron has put the onus of making that statement on the heads of the people who led the Brexit campaign"
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 16 at 05:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you doing up at that time? Trying to chat up girls on fb imo
Nic Barnes

28th Jun 16 at 05:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What are you doing up at that time? Trying to chat up girls on fb imo
think he stayed up late to find some new hate filled anger post to put on here like all remain voters do. Anger and bullying tactics. They are the real racists. Anti white British. Fuck you moes tavern, racist twat.

<<  24    25    26    27    28    29    30  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay? 25 database queries in 0.0245340 seconds