corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay?

Poll: EU exit or stay?
LEAVE 65 (63.11%)
STAY 38 (36.89%)

New Poll
  <<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EU exit or stay?
Jimbothebarbarian

User status: Offline
29th Jun 16 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
Then would pass a law or legislation to ban anyone ever holding one again.

That is quite funny actually. Like a child taking the football home after they lose a game

The whole Sturgeon thing is similar to how the 'Leave' campaign is portrayed by the media. She is demonised by the London biased media. I imagine the Daily Mail comments section is in a furious rage at Scotland just now.

You could criticise SNP for being a little left but then Scotland is more traditionally left compared to rUK. Scottish politics is very different to Westminster, there are no typical Oxbridge degree / Eaton educated cunts. There are far fewer hidden agendas (see Jeremy Hunt) in comparison but this may be due to its infancy in comparison.

I must confess that you reply has given me a pleasant surprise as I must admit what you say is so painfully true. I personally can't stand her or the pillock before her. I always felt they're more interested in going down in Scottish folk law as the one who freed their downtrodden brethren from English oppression rather than any real political or financial reasons.

Fair play for a good point well made.
Ellis

29th Jun 16 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fairness though, I wish she wouldn't harp on about a referendum so much. If she merely said she is trying to protect Scotland's interests by talking with the EU commission then I feel she would be received better in England and indeed Scotland too.

My point above could equally apply to the Welsh Assembly or whatever they call it. I would also say Stormont too but they're all (ex)terrorists *dons flamesuit*
Aaron

29th Jun 16 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well well fucking well - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36660133
Nic Barnes

29th Jun 16 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But that doesn't mean anything (say all the remain camp that were laughing when it dropped right after brexit)
MoesTavern

29th Jun 16 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We haven't actually gone yet, remember.

It looks like the markets are stabilizing because nothing's actually changed.
Steve
Premium Member

29th Jun 16 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And a slow transition will mean a stable market throughout
Steve
Premium Member

29th Jun 16 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bretwats
Stu_22

29th Jun 16 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The markets problably know we won't leave. A new government will be elected with a pledge not to leave eu. Ideally a second referendum but getting the message through that immigration will not change in or out will be tough to get out
3CorsaMeal

29th Jun 16 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think only good will come of it, after all the shock factor has settled down.

Remain, leave, or see some big overhaul of the whole EU relationship, whatever happens will be comprises, no one side will get everything they wanted or imagined and we will all live happily ever after, going to jobs, paying monthly bills and eventually getting ill and dying. None of it really matters, may as well do whatever you want and not worry about imaginary situations.
Nic Barnes

29th Jun 16 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boeing is wanting to build its new hq in England. Made its decision after brexit. Future sounds grim. Can't be bothered to find the source, was on Facebook posted by a remain anger monger.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Jun 16 at 07:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are they so angry
Steve
Premium Member

30th Jun 16 at 07:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BBC is really scraping the barrel now in a desperate attempt to find as much negativity as possible

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/36664678
DaveyLC

30th Jun 16 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This actually made me lol

Steve
Premium Member

30th Jun 16 at 08:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that sam from lotrs
Dom

30th Jun 16 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
And a slow transition will mean a stable market throughout

The increase does not mean that it's all 'back to normal' and a stable market again. Rather it's a volatile market that hinges on the negotiations. If the negotiations become 'sticky' or don't progress in favour of the country then expect them to go south again.

quote:
Why are they so angry

Uncertainty.
We've gone from a known quantity to the complete unknown with 'leavers' not knowing 'arse from elbow' nor any guarantees that we'll come off better.

quote:
BBC is really scraping the barrel now in a desperate attempt to find as much negativity as possible

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/36664678

So a manufacturer makes a statement on losses due to a weak pound and the BBC are 'scraping' the barrel for reporting it, the same as they have on other manufacturer losses linked to the weak pound

No doubt if the source was the DM or Facebook then you wouldn't have a problem with it

[Edited on 30-06-2016 by Dom]
Ellis

30th Jun 16 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic Barnes

30th Jun 16 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But there is no guarantee that if we had remained we would have been better off Dom you angry clueless man.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Jun 16 at 08:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Real angry people
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

30th Jun 16 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dead
Steve
Premium Member

30th Jun 16 at 08:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next weeks BBC headline

"Ant farmers in Botswana lose profits due to Brexit"

[Edited on 30-06-2016 by Steve]
Dom

30th Jun 16 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
But there is no guarantee that if we had remained we would have been better off Dom you angry clueless man.

But we had a baseline, so if we couldn't have negotiated a better deal with the EU then we would have (roughly) stayed the same.
Leaving the EU means that it's all up in the air, so it could go well or we could end up completely buggering ourselves and if we end up in the position of wanting to rejoin the EU, then there's a good chance that we'll end up with a worse deal that we already have.

As said, you've gone from a known quantity to the complete unknown with little to no assurance from the leave campaign. This is why people are worried, upset, angry.

But then, anyone with intelligence over preventing themselves from dribbling would know that - i'm sure your carer will be around soon to mop up your drool Nic
Steve
Premium Member

30th Jun 16 at 08:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He who dares wins

No-one gets anywhere by being scared and taking the safe route.

I also don't think it's as risky as being made out either
3CorsaMeal

30th Jun 16 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am finding the EU people a bit like a solicitor.

Jumps in and puts themselves between two people trying to deal with each other and takes the most money from the deal.

We don't need this
Dom

30th Jun 16 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
He who dares wins

No-one gets anywhere by being scared and taking the safe route.

I also don't think it's as risky as being made out either

I'm not saying we can't end up better off however, it's fact that there is now a humongous chance of screwing ourselves over if we don't get it right and it'll be a forever struggle in doing that without the safety net of the EU.

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I am finding the EU people a bit like a solicitor.

Jumps in and puts themselves between two people trying to deal with each other and takes the most money from the deal.

We don't need this

You say that but solicitor's, regardless of how costly they are, tend to prevent you from fucking yourself over
Ellis

30th Jun 16 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to put money on next Tory PM negotiating access to the common market and accepting free movement of people.

Meanwhile, civil war breaks out in Great Yarmouth.

In Clacton, cries of 'go back to where you come from' become almost deafening from the queue of patients waiting outside Boots for their Methadone.

The elderly surface to tell everyone about the war. There were no blacks in their days.

<<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay? 24 database queries in 0.0248740 seconds