corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*

New Poll
  <<  22    23    24    25    26    27    28  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*
Bissmire

User status: Offline
28th Mar 11 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldnt stand Black ops mate sorry, had to get back on MW2 and show Barnshaw how real men play
mwg

28th Mar 11 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No bother. The connection seemed a lot better than it used to be but I still got kicked a few times. I could only play it for one or two games before getting infuriated with me blatantly shooting people and them not dying.
Bissmire

28th Mar 11 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just get so angry playing BO

You should invest in MW2 it's far better. Probably cheap as chips now too.
mwg

28th Mar 11 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got rid of it because of people cheating
Bissmire

28th Mar 11 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt happen anymore, new patch was released so people modded patches were removed. Only people with two PS3s can, but that was how it has always been, I've played it pretty much daily and havnt seen one hacked lobby since.
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Mar 11 at 14:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-WBbY8Chi8
Nismo

30th Mar 11 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DannyB
Premium Member

30th Mar 11 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

17th April we should see a few minutes of MP play which will be good, after that there are various events that BF3 will no doubtably be showing at, more and more vids will be released after that. No word of a BETA or anything ye though.
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Mar 11 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im looking forward to multiplayer.. i hope the damage is decent. i also hope there is no soft/hardcore but just 1core (hardcore)
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Mar 11 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HC is the only option interested to see how the new game engine works in MP regarding buildings and landscapes.
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://enterbf3.com/viewtopic.php?t=1541&sid=a9a7e96406a562086b64b63eb39f6930
noshua

31st Mar 11 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks amazing, I'm defo getting this when it comes out
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Apr 11 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Supposedly the release will go head to head with COD MW3, should be interesting. Screenshot is from EA's download manager.

BF3 - 2nd November
MW3 - 9th November

[Edited on 03-04-2011 by DannyB]
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Apr 11 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where do i need to order it from to get the original levels in Frostbyte beauty?
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Apr 11 at 15:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back to Kharkand? not too sure mate, I'm not pre-ordering but I assume it will be anywhere you pre order? it might tell you on enterbf3.com
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Apr 11 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
There's been a lot of information and news coming out about Battlefield 3. Some of the news goes overlooked, but still interesting. Here's a small list of some BF3 facts that you may not know.

One lighting probe from Frostbite 2's lighting system "...contain(s) more lighting information than an entire level from Bad Company 2."

This is the first non-EA Sports game to utilize ANT, an animation program that powers EA games like
FIFA, to create realistic animations and smoother transitions for AI and multiplayer characters.

A profile system, possibly similar to Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 1942, will be present.

Sounds such as weapons firing will be unique in different environments, different angles, and different distances.

A dev console will be present.

When a firearm is reloaded before the magazine is emptied, there will now be an extra round present, because the cartridge is still in the chamber of the weapon, adding to that, the charging handle or bolt is only pulled if the gun was emptied.

For the first time in the Battlefield franchise, the player is able to see their body, as one can see in the gameplay trailer when the character jumps down from a ventilation shaft.

The last bit of info is interesting, always wondered why we could never see the rest of our body.

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefield_3
DannyB
Premium Member

8th Apr 11 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New screenshots

http://enterbf3.com/viewtopic.php?t=1599&sid=7e953abed7b139b4fe14083edfbcc0ed
Adam_B

8th Apr 11 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Laxarm192
chris_uk
Premium Member

11th Apr 11 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pre-ordered mind from game the other day £29.99 and you get the original levels in the frostbyte engine..
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LIKE LIKE LIKE

http://battlefieldo.com/news/bf3-footage-reveal-1-million-likes/
Eck
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little details like the bullet in the chamber when reloading is amazing Would be even better if it could still be fired while reloading!
Ojc

12th Apr 11 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Little details like the bullet in the chamber when reloading is amazing Would be even better if it could still be fired while reloading!

That pissed me off about games in that you could empty a mag and each time it would go through the whole reloading process when infact a round would always be left in the chamber so you wouldn't have to pull the charging handle back just slap in a new mag and away you go
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there have been plently of PC games in the past where that was always the case, even rainbow six ravenshield or a mod for halflife called firearms.

what pisses me off the most is when you fire off a full tub of bullets in a belt fed, then he relaods and there is still a lod of bullets hanging out of the gun
Welsh Dan

12th Apr 11 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets hope that they sort out the bloody trophies this time as well. I still can't get some of the awards thanks to shite programming.
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 23:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who gives a fuck about trophies!

a game shouldnt need all this acheivement bollocks to be good.

[Edited on 12-04-2011 by chris_uk]

<<  22    23    24    25    26    27    28  >>

New Poll