corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*

New Poll
  <<  19    20    21    22    23    24    25  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 11 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The firefight towards the end is impressive, bullets bouncing all around and realistic dust/debris.

Frostbite 2 game engine is supposed to be amazing, it certainly looks that way.

[Edited on 02-03-2011 by DannyB]
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Mar 11 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That does look rather good Might be buying this one.
Nath

2nd Mar 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Holy fuck, that looks real
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Mar 11 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lets just wait and see how the damage is in multiplayer..
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Mar 11 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a video of how the game engine will work in mP a few pages back, think BC2 but better that's the only way to put it.
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Mar 11 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am I missing a trick playing COD over this then? I think we've talked about it before. I downloaded the demo of the last one and I didn't like it, but apparently that's because I played it like COD
Nath

2nd Mar 11 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Brett, you have to play BF differently. I liked it, but prefered the mayhem in COD.
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Mar 11 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's completely different, the only similarity is you shoot a gun everything is different, more team oriented, fuck off huge maps, a good choice of vehicles. BF takes skill to even shoot someone, in COD you can just run around and shoot randomly and hit someone. If you do that in BF you would get picked off by a sniper a mile away. If you played it for a month I doubt you would go back to COD. Just dont go in to it comparing it to COD, as it's far from it.

[Edited on 02-03-2011 by DannyB]
JonnyJ

2nd Mar 11 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally different game tbh Brett. In COD you run and gun and theres very little team work, the maps are also tiny compared to BF so its very quick in comparison. In BF the team that works together is invariably the one that wins, the maps tend to be large and strategy is key.

COD is good for a blast on your own, or for a laugh with mates

BF is good when you can get a decent squad of people together and fancy something a bit more challenging.
JonnyJ

2nd Mar 11 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Yeah Brett, you have to play BF differently. I liked it, but prefered the mayhem in COD.

See i think theres more mayhem in BF. In COD you can quite happily just camp around in corners and the maps are always the same. In BF the maps are different every single time you play because shit keeps getting blown to pieces

For instance on BFBC2 id find a really good sniping spot on a map, could stay there for ages and rack up some kills, then the next time i played that map a tank might come along and ruin my spot, forcing me to change my plans. That is one of the challenges of this game and what makes it so good.

[Edited on 02-03-2011 by JonnyJ]
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Mar 11 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's so much satisfaction blowing a hole in the side of a sniper house, then watching them run or calling arty and seeing it collapse. Even more satisfaction shooting down helis with a tank.
JonnyJ

2nd Mar 11 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
There's so much satisfaction blowing a hole in the side of a sniper house, then watching them run or calling arty and seeing it collapse. Even more satisfaction shooting down helis with a tank.

Even more satisfaction sniping a heli pilot I can just imagine the shock of flying along perfectly fine then out of nowhere...dead
Dom

2nd Mar 11 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny, BC2/Viet?
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Mar 11 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tomorrow yeah Dom, definitely, can't tonight
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Mar 11 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

danny / jonnyj i need to add you to my friends list on BC2/Viet..

give me your names boys!
JonnyJ

2nd Mar 11 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought you played on PC, Chris? Im a PS3 player.
mwg

2nd Mar 11 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why the hell does anyone bother with COD over Battlefield! Battlefield 3 is going to kick arse
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Mar 11 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Thought you played on PC, Chris? Im a PS3 player.

pah! get out! lol
Bissmire

3rd Mar 11 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks incredible, almost looks like a film

IMO Core on BF3 should have similar health to BC2 Hardcore, and BF3 Hardcore should have less health. There is no way I should have to hit someone twice with a sniper in Hardcore. COD seems like time crisis after playing BC2.
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Mar 11 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm supprised this hasnt been posted up yet

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-battlefield-3/711179
JonnyJ

3rd Mar 11 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bissmire

IMO Core on BF3 should have similar health to BC2 Hardcore, and BF3 Hardcore should have less health. There is no way I should have to hit someone twice with a sniper in Hardcore. COD seems like time crisis after playing BC2.

On the .50 Cal bolt action snipers its one shot wherever you hit them on HC.
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Mar 11 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you get uprated ammo the m25, m95 and GOL ( i think thats what they are called) are both 1 shot kill anywhere.

the damage in BF2 was a joke, you could shoot someone with an entire magazine and not kill them.. something to do with the hit boxesi believe, ive noticed vietnam has better damage model than bc2 does, and they should get rid of this hardcore/softcore bullshit. Kust have 1 damage model, get rid of all there perks and just have correct weapon ballistics.

bring back damage model like rainbow six : raven shield.. now that was amazing..

gone are the days where using a grenade was actaully a tactical decision.. now its just throw and pray..

[Edited on 03-03-2011 by chris_uk]
Dom

3rd Mar 11 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
danny / jonnyj i need to add you to my friends list on BC2/Viet..

give me your names boys!

chris, if you're on pc add me - FolioSpirit (don't ask).....
Adam_B

3rd Mar 11 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw this on the official site

'Pre-order Battlefield 3 to receive the digital expansion pack Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand at no extra charge! This themed multiplayer expansion pack includes four legendary maps from Battlefield 2 boldly re-imagined with Frostbite™ 2 physics, destruction and visuals. Completing the package are classic Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles, unique rewards, new achievements/trophies, and more.'

Karkland was the best multiplayer map on any game ever (along with facility on Goldeneye on N64)
mwg

3rd Mar 11 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Bissmire

On the .50 Cal bolt action snipers its one shot wherever you hit them on HC.

If you hit a limb it doesn't seem to kill them even using the M95. Got to be a head or torso shot to kill them in one.

<<  19    20    21    22    23    24    25  >>

New Poll