corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*

New Poll
  <<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*
mwg

User status: Offline
21st Mar 11 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish they would get it sorted so that we could have more players on console. We pay more for the game too

[Edited on 21-03-2011 by mwg]
Bissmire

21st Mar 11 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to play some BC2 tonight after reading through this again Quite shit about the smaller maps, but coming from CoD I doubt the maps will be 'small' by any means
mwg

21st Mar 11 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might join you if I remember. Just not been feeling like playing on anything recently.
Bissmire

21st Mar 11 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havnt played it since I was on with you. I think I have played COD so much that I really cant adjust for any other game. I go back on COD and it just feels right. I dont think I played any other FPS in over 5 years
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Mar 11 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was the same at first, never played a different FPS to COD but when you get used to it you wonder to yourself why did you waste al lthat time on something so shit I can honestly say I'll never buy another COD game, BF3 is going to own this year, this years COD release will have to be pretty fucking special to get anywhere near it.
Bissmire

21st Mar 11 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See, I almost got to that point, and thought I would hate COD...I was wrong, loved it It just feels similar to Black Ops, in the way that even the worst players will stand a chance against the best. In COD4/MW2, if you were good, you would rape anything and everything. It will be a big choice this year between MW3 and BF3. I'll be buying them both anyway
Adam_B

22nd Mar 11 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On BC2, is there a way of playing Rush where it mixes the teams up after each round?

Getting bored of going up against teams where most of the opposition are rank 50 and all mates
3CorsaMeal

22nd Mar 11 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
On BC2, is there a way of playing Rush where it mixes the teams up after each round?

Getting bored of going up against teams where most of the opposition are rank 50 and all mates

just quit game and join the other side, i do that sometimes
dannymccann

23rd Mar 11 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B

Yea people complain about the bullshit spawns in CoD but at least if your normal spawn point is overrun in BO's you start spawning somewhere else, on Rush you ALWAYS spawn in the same place so when you have a team of pro snipers all looking at spawn it gets very boring and very frustrating very quickly
Fro

23rd Mar 11 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I usually spawn on my squad members. Getting back into this lately, awesome blackhawk pilot
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd Mar 11 at 13:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://enterbf3.com/viewtopic.php?t=1481&sid=01ac9ec929c027828389eff14c37cb97
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Mar 11 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
http://enterbf3.com/viewtopic.php?t=1481&sid=01ac9ec929c027828389eff14c37cb97

1st response is interesting
quote:
Call of Duty OWNS battlefield in every regard. More reallistic gameplay and way more options for customaization which is what makes shooters work. BF is nothing but camping sissies hiding in a tank for two hours or snipers that think they're godly. LOL only little kids play BF. MEN play COD.

Regardless, I am gonna buy this when it comes out.

[Edited on 23-03-2011 by loafofbrett]
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd Mar 11 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Super troll fucking idiot springs to mind
mwg

23rd Mar 11 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is someone that does not have the unique set of skills required to play Battlefield.
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Mar 11 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DYDFhP1XLE
JonnyJ

24th Mar 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL
Fro

24th Mar 11 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mattb

25th Mar 11 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
I usually spawn on my squad members.

This i always do - if i see im the only squad member alive i try and lay low until someone spawns on me - or i just do the bastard thing of sneaking into the back of the base and waiting for the squad to spawn on me..

love battlefield - so much better than COD imo
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Mar 11 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
An extensive new hand-to-hand melee combat system has been confirmed for Battlefield 3 according to GamingUnion, who reports that it was demonstrated at the C2E2 Chicago Entertainment Expo:

The new combat system was demoed, showcasing a variety of close quarters combat moves outside of the standard issued bayonet and combat knife. Players can punch with both hands and even perform grabs and throws on enemies.

GamingUnion also reported that DICE has officially confirmed that console maps will be smaller than PC maps, and that jets would get special airspace in the console versions to accommodate this. These reports are verified by CERFY, who was also at C2E2 and posted some impressions:

The first question we asked was while the PC had 64 players and obviously large maps, if those maps would be in the full glory on the console, or be scaled down to accommodate only 24 players.

The answered we received was that yes, the maps would be scaled down from the larger maps that would be on the PC.

This led to the obvious second question about the maps being smaller on the console. If they are smaller on the console, how would planes adjust to the size?

The answer we received was that planes would actually have a larger airspace and map area to fly around in, versus players on the ground with the “Out of bounds zones.”

The hand to hand fighting gameplay seemed more robust, the screen will populate options for the mouse, you can punch with either hand, counter punch, throw the enemy. It all happened very quickly, but it seemed like you had much more control than every b4 in an FPS in respect to hand to hand combat. Its almost as if they created a fighting system within the game, a real focus for Battlefield 3.
Eck
Premium Member

26th Mar 11 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OMFG that will be immense. I'll end up running around going for haymakers I've not read the entire thread but in regards to jets... Will it be user controlled jets like the heli's were?
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Mar 11 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes mate, start of the maps that have them they will be there like Helis are, jump in them and away you go. Look at some videos of BF2 as they had planes

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bf2+jets&aq=f

Basically in BF3 console maps will have 2 zones, one for foot soldiers and ground vehicles, possibly hellis too, where if you go in certain places it's out of bounds. Jet air space is fucking huge so you can fly around where ever you like and not have to worry about going 'out of bounds'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lamMw2JA2uo

[Edited on 26-03-2011 by DannyB]
Adam_B

26th Mar 11 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure they have the same system in BFBC2, helicopters and UAVs can access more of the map?
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Mar 11 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they do, but on BF3 our maps will have a lot more space on foot, aswell as them being bigger versions of what console players will get.

[Edited on 26-03-2011 by DannyB]
mwg

27th Mar 11 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jets sounds fun. If they can make the planes etc. able to access more of the map why can't they do the same when you are on foot.
mwg

27th Mar 11 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played COD for a couple of hours this afternoon. God its shite compared to Battlefield.

<<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >>

New Poll