corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPad 3?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPad 3?
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Dec 11 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Already had
LeeM

8th Dec 11 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh that's a point, did the iPad 2 come in black and white at the same time? I'd want white to match my iPhone
Ben G

8th Dec 11 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
PS, PS2, PS3?

just a little bit different
Balling
Premium Member

8th Dec 11 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Not really. It's relevant because it'll DEFINITELY be out of date by next year, in fact, even in 6months when the one to have is the white one I'm not digging at the OP personally, #justsayin.

I honestly can not say what is more retarded. People trying to defend Apple (or any other company) and everything they do or people taking the opposite approach.

1. Yes, I own Apple products. Many.

2. I'm by no means a fan boy as I completely disagree with a lot of the choices Apple has made and would never even try to defend the way they go about their business (eg. "inventing" magical things that has existed for years).

3. Brett, Samsung or HTC release new phones WAY more often than Apple. Do you hate them as well?
How about any television manufacturer? Just look at LG's TV line-up and the microscopic differences between two similar models. And guess what? They release a new line up EACH FUCKING YEAR, like clockwork. Damn them, those bastards!
How often does Dell throw out a new Inspiron with a different number at the end and small improvements? Who the hell do they think they are?
Or how about that ThinkPad? Isn't it about time they invented something new instead of re-releasing the same 15-year old computer with small adjustments? Pathetic.

Brett, I think you should back away from the technology market, as it is clearly not paced to your specific standards. Also, stop being a tool and claim all the worst about Apple. Sure, they do suck. Every multimillion dollar corporation probably does.

[Edited on 08-12-2011 by Balling]

LeeM

8th Dec 11 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a point, the samsung galaxy is a popular one for people who hate apple and theres been more than 5 different galaxy's since the first iphone. and look at all these htc's http://www.gsmarena.com/htc-phones-45.php
apple have released 1new phone a year, they have probably released fewer new phones than any other phone manufacturer ever, yet get slated for it.
A2H GO

8th Dec 11 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
thats a point, the samsung galaxy is a popular one for people who hate apple and theres been more than 5 different galaxy's since the first iphone. and look at all these htc's http://www.gsmarena.com/htc-phones-45.php
apple have released 1new phone a year, they have probably released fewer new phones than any other phone manufacturer ever, yet get slated for it.

@ that HTC page and people are slating Apple for incremental updates with only 3 phones.

That said, put an Apple badge on anything it will get slated.
Cavey

8th Dec 11 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the point Brett was making was that people don't go out and buy every single model of the Galaxy, or the Desire, they wait for a decent upgrade that's worth getting, but a lot of people will sell off their iPhone3 to buy the 3s, then that for the 4, etc...

Put an Apple badge on anything and it'll have a thread started for it and sell in it's millions whether it's worth it or not as well
Nath

8th Dec 11 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure that'll get a nibble Cavey.
Dave

8th Dec 11 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But surely that's their choice, Apple aren't forcing upgrades on anybody.

Seems to me they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. Leave things as they are and they'll get accused of falling behind, release upgraded products and they are milking their customers.
Cavey

8th Dec 11 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't really bait tbh, it's true.

If anything it was more a compliment to Apples marketing and stature in the market
LeeM

8th Dec 11 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and whats the problem if people want to upgrade their phone every year?
we used to do it years ago on 12 month contracts and go from 3210 to 3310 etc and the difference used to be a lot less between models in them days.
Nath

8th Dec 11 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Wasn't really bait tbh, it's true.

If anything it was more a compliment to Apples marketing and stature in the market

Ok.
Dom

8th Dec 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a big difference between Apple and phone manufacturers who solely produce phones, so I'm not quite sure why people are trying to compare the two?
Nath

8th Dec 11 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
There's a big difference between Apple and phone manufacturers who solely produce phones, so I'm not quite sure why people are trying to compare the two?

I just take everything as bait nowadays.
LeeM

8th Dec 11 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom

I compared to Samsung, they make shit loads of other stuff.
Joe

8th Dec 11 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't get the big thing about apples marketing, obviously it's there but I don't think its enough to brainwash people.

My first apple thing was the original iPhone, I got it when O2 were banging them out cheap. I didn't need one but thought I'd give it a go. Even though it was flawed it was a great phone and when I lost that I didn't think twice about buying a 3G to replace it.. Now I'm on a 4, again it's flawed. Battery is awful and signal but I wouldn't change from an apple phone I don't think.

Also when I got my iMac, I needed a new computer, looked on the apple website, thought it looked smart and bought it. No regrets on that front either, apart from the cd drive giving up. I know fuck all about computers and stuff but again I couldn't see me buying anything else.

I don't know if that's brainwashed or me just being stupid with my cash but everything I have owned from apple has been justified IMO. I don't know if that nice little story even has a point but thanks for reading
LeeM

8th Dec 11 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So joe, will there be a new iPad in march?
ed

8th Dec 11 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Their products tend to hold good resale value, so after a year you can sell up and buy the latest toy out. Everyone enjoys a new toy right?
LeeM

8th Dec 11 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I'm thinking, compared to any other tablet if I get the next one as it comes out I could sell it 12 months later for 3/4 of what I pay and upgrade
Brett
Premium Member

8th Dec 11 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
3. Brett, Samsung or HTC release new phones WAY more often than Apple. Do you hate them as well?
How about any television manufacturer? Just look at LG's TV line-up and the microscopic differences between two similar models. And guess what? They release a new line up EACH FUCKING YEAR, like clockwork. Damn them, those bastards!
How often does Dell throw out a new Inspiron with a different number at the end and small improvements? Who the hell do they think they are?
Or how about that ThinkPad? Isn't it about time they invented something new instead of re-releasing the same 15-year old computer with small adjustments? Pathetic.

Brett, I think you should back away from the technology market, as it is clearly not paced to your specific standards. Also, stop being a tool and claim all the worst about Apple. Sure, they do suck. Every multimillion dollar corporation probably does.

Interesting, points noted. On a side note, are you related to the guy I sold my Audi to?

[Edited on 08-12-2011 by Brett]
Joe

8th Dec 11 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
So joe, will there be a new iPad in march?

When I find out I'll let you know!!
Ben G

8th Dec 11 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Interesting, points noted. On a side note, are you related to the guy I sold my Audi to?

[Edited on 08-12-2011 by Brett]

brett mate, calm down.
LeeM

9th Dec 11 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

feb hopefully

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2011/12/apple-ipad-3-with-retina-display-coming-february-analyst-says.html
ed

12th Dec 11 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 12-12-2011 by ed]
chrisritch

12th Dec 11 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
quote:
quote:
So will this just go on forever? They'll just keep knocking out i-products and changing the number at the end?

How does this differ from any other company / product range?

Like?

Peugeot 106-107, 206,207,306,207,308,405,406.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll