corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 106 16v XSI - sold
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Sep 09 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You must have cut the gear stick down surely? as mine is pretty far down now but yours seems really close to the bend.
chrisritch

13th Sep 09 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think it was cut down before i bought it tbh
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worth while mod? tempted by one for mine. As the main thing I miss about the civic is the short crisp change.

easy to fit? also can you put the gaitor back on or do you have to leave it all open?

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
DannyB
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
i think it was cut down before i bought it tbh

Ahh the gearstick was allready with it, seems like about 3-4 inches has been cut off the top of yours.
DannyB
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
Worth while mod? tempted by one for mine. As the main thing I miss about the civic is the short crisp change.

easy to fit? also can you put the gaitor back on or do you have to leave it all open?

One of the best mods I've done, transforms the gear change completely. I don't know what the Saxo is like buy mine had a lot of travel between the gears and this has more or less eliminated that, gear change is tighter and smoother now.

It's really easy to fit. It took me about 30 mins, the little grub screws are shit though. I'm thinking of welding mine a bit tomorow as I near enough rounded them off.
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787

One of the best mods I've done, transforms the gear change completely. I don't know what the Saxo is like buy mine had a lot of travel between the gears and this has more or less eliminated that, gear change is tighter and smoother now.

It's really easy to fit. It took me about 30 mins, the little grub screws are shit though. I'm thinking of welding mine a bit tomorow as I near enough rounded them off.

Yer saxos the same feels like your moving it miles

doesnt make it easier to mis-shift or anything? As I know thats a problem with some of the corsa kits

chrisritch

13th Sep 09 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one of the best mods i have done on my VT tbh, oh yeah except for the supersprint and piper kit pop pop bang bang flame!
DannyB
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No Gavin if anything it's made mine more precise and a lot quicker through the gears as I don't have to wait a week to change up . The bearing on mine is a bit stiff though so if that frees up a little in time it will be a bit better.
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will add one to my "to do" list then

DannyB
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definately, ended up getting mine off eBay. Oh and regarding the gaitor, I've left mine off as I think it looks better I'll be losing the plastic surround eventually aswell.
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much if you dont mind me asking? I see they are circa £40 from Kam etc

DannyB
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid a bit more, was £51. I phoned KAM up and didn't find them very helpfull, quite rude actually so I took my custom else where
chrisritch

13th Sep 09 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hehe £40 posted from ChrisBoom
DannyB
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah wish I would have bought that one, I nearly did but didn't have the cash. You got a good deal there, Chris is a great seller too. Ive bought a fair bit off him.
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I paid a bit more, was £51. I phoned KAM up and didn't find them very helpfull, quite rude actually so I took my custom else where

Yer someone on sax-p was saying they were been cunts when I spoke to him at trax.

Need to get my car running right first. I think its the coil pack. Been offered a JP4 one but need to confirm it fits mine but cant get a definate answer anywhere

DannyB
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried eBay?

tons of cheap spares on there.
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only one on there and he wont post

Plus ive got the same issue just need to find out if there are different types or they are all the same.

On the plus side I have replaced nearly all the other sensors so once its solved it should be a new car

DannyB
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good old french cars, have you asked Chrisboom? he may still have bits from his VTS.
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good call

On the plus side it hasnt cost me anything really as all of the parts I have tried that havent fixed it I have sold on again
Just annoying as apart from this one niggle its spot on

DannyB
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's good then, are you sticking with it now then?

Too much fun aren't they
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it was almost cast a side earlier in the week as I found another CTR for 3,000 which was an ace buy but by the time I had decided I definatly wanted it it had sold.

But other then that I havent looked at any other cars. The main thing thats going to happen is maybe a second car bought and it gaining a cage and more toys.

But yer I really like it especially now I have taken it on track.

DannyB
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3k could buy you a supercharger for the Saxo
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I sold the K20 engine yesterday and have £1500 that pays for the saxo +£300

DannyB
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Win, could get some lovely goodies for the saxo, buy a quickshift and upper and lower braces for a start
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Sep 09 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think once its running properly and has decent pads I may spend a few pennys on it

BTW I topped my project thread as I felt we needed a french take over in this section

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold 24 database queries in 0.0471022 seconds