corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 106 16v XSI - sold
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Aug 09 at 15:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True, although that's what they are I get what you mean. I'm so tempted, for practical reasons more than anything.
Davidkent

30th Aug 09 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i see where you're coming from.

Tbh, its your own opinion, though personally, i would keep the white, i know its a total arse to clean.

But then in black, you might find they fade / look tatty or even rust faster because they're not being kept so clean...

I think they look pretty smart on the car as they are and IMHO the car would look more... 'tatty' with black steelies...

It'd look like every other similar age 106 i see around here, though it isn't one of those...
ChrisBoom

30th Aug 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If not white, then perhaps anthracite, as said, black would just look like normal steelies.

Or what about a lairy colour, green or something
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Aug 09 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, what to do what to do. I doubt they will rust anyway as they are brand new, although I'd be sanding the top coat down I may treat them first to stop that.
ChrisBoom

30th Aug 09 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Peugeot graphite grey then
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Aug 09 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBoom
If not white, then perhaps anthracite, as said, black would just look like normal steelies.

Or what about a lairy colour, green or something

Not too sure on the antracite although I've not really considered it, lairy would be a yes if the car wasnt red. Briht green would only look good on silver/white/black imo.
Davidkent

30th Aug 09 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See, Chrisboom agrees too lol...

Yeah could go a lairy colour, Do the Wheels and Mirrors bright green or something, would go well with the colour of the car!

EDIT: Not necessarily bright green, as you said, but a lairy colour would go well..

Go WILD! lol

Anthracite would look good, maybe a slightly lighter metallic grey but darker than silver, almost like alloys colour but a little darker...

[Edited on 30-08-2009 by Davidkent]
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Aug 09 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JJ is going to do a PS in anthracite for me to have a gander at

Also, if I spray them black I'll spray the rallye inserts and maybe mirror covers black too.

[Edited on 30-08-2009 by DannyB]
ChrisBoom

30th Aug 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or hows about black with a diablo red rim?
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Aug 09 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooh now that would look the shit, I'd fuck the red lip up though

[Edited on 30-08-2009 by DannyB]
ChrisBoom

30th Aug 09 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Ooh now that would look this shit, I'd fuck the red lip up though

Its easy, get some rim tape off ebay, do one wheel to see if you like it, then use the rim tape as masking tape, easy to get a smooth line then
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Aug 09 at 16:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm swaying more towards black than anything else at the minute, with black rallye inserts it would look rather nice I think. I could add a red lip at any point, although there is not much of an outer lip on these compared to your 205 wheels or similar.
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Aug 09 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JJ did another PS, I prefer black without a doubt, although I could go darker on the anthracite, black is still number 1 choice

DannyB
Premium Member

30th Aug 09 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a bit of good news.....

My brother just won 45k, 16v might be on the way sooner
Jakey
Premium Member

30th Aug 09 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben-B

30th Aug 09 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

congratz, how did he win it?
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Aug 09 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Football pools bet thingy.
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 14:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted out the passanger side door today, the vinyl was creased where someone had replaced it and it was really annoying me. Here's a few pics.

Wrinkly

Removed and paint cleaned

Masked up

During

Finished

Only a small thing but it looks much better now, didn't need to do the drivers side as it doesn't have a mark on it. I'll be removing and spraying the wiper arms tomorow as they have seen better days.

ChrisBoom

31st Aug 09 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent job

Is that top rear window hinge a shiny version, or is it just the photo
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just the camera mate, using my phone and the picture quality is awfull that is probably just the flash goin off, found my camera now so will take better pics soon

Didn't bother posting that money today as it's bank holliday isnt it, will pop it in tomorow.
ChrisBoom

31st Aug 09 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, was just going to head down now to post it off, good job you reminded me about the bank holiday
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Aug 09 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wouldn't have got there till wednesday anyway. I've decided, black wheels, rallye inserts and morettes yum.
Jamie-C

31st Aug 09 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ChrisBoom

31st Aug 09 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a set of S1 morettes on ebay atm, but be prepared to pay £180+
ChrisBoom

31st Aug 09 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/106-mk1-morette_W0QQitemZ120463904777QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item1c0c355009&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

<<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 106 16v XSI - sold 23 database queries in 0.0171010 seconds