corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Version II

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Version II
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Mar 11 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If we can sort new brake pipes than we'd be as well just cutting what's already on so we can get a six-point socket on the old unions, seems to be the only way no to round them so the pipes can be off next time I'm there, hopefully Tuesday then it's just making up new and swapping the cylinders so if we've got everything in stock or easily available then the back brakes and brake fluid should be done next time I'm there.

The point about taking another car is just about the 'you break you buy' policy, I don't mind if it's my car because I'm not upsetting anyone else or leaving them without a car for however long.

Also, F Sport?
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Mar 11 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F Sport, like M Sport but in Halewood

I've got a spare Puma and I need an excuse to rebuild it anyway.

Hopefully it won't come to that. Make sure Tuesday we have everything to finish the brakes.

If that is done we'll do lambda, rest of the exhaust (gaskets?), spare wheel and sunroof.
AlexW

13th Mar 11 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame I'm not local, Love to help.

The rear brake lines on the beam aren't too hard to make if it came to making new ones, Would help when fitting braided lines too (If you are/do fit them?)
Mike
Premium Member

13th Mar 11 at 22:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll u2u Ste about the stuff for the brakes then work from there if we need anything.

I've got everything for the exhaust bar rubbers, not sure what happened with the one's off GTE, I can pick some of them up if needed.
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Mar 11 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There should be spare exhaust rubbers upstairs or if not, underneath the Silver Vegga.

Or if we're really stuck there are polybush ones on the GSi system.
Mike
Premium Member

13th Mar 11 at 22:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound, wasn't fancying the idea of paying
antnee

14th Mar 11 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You guys have far too many parts/cars
Mike
Premium Member

14th Mar 11 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally found somewhere that sells toffee wheels Cheaper than Ebay too so that's in place when we get round to it.

Bought brake pipe from Whiston and got them to flare the ends after Ste telling me the tool he's got is shit so they just need bending and fitting so we should be good for a nice nights work tomorrow
Bonney

14th Mar 11 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Autopaints by an chance?
Mike
Premium Member

14th Mar 11 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, they were my last hope before getting it off Ebay
Bonney

14th Mar 11 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best place to go, Usually have bits like that in there.

One of the few shops in St Helens where you walk in and get high off the fumes!
Mike
Premium Member

14th Mar 11 at 23:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha, yeah I noticed that one, there was a concern about getting straight back in my car again
Leighton

15th Mar 11 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am expecting updates tonight boys !!!
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Mar 11 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happy to oblige son.

Ian
Site Administrator

15th Mar 11 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HAUL

XE Col
Premium Member

15th Mar 11 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all that crane for a bottle of coke?

Bit extreme
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Mar 11 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's for scale, it's a beast. Just been and picked it up.
XE Col
Premium Member

15th Mar 11 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
That's for scale,

Really? no way i hought you needed help lifting the bottle
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Mar 11 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian
Site Administrator

15th Mar 11 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BISH

BASH

BOSH
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

15th Mar 11 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love it all! Where'd you get the hoist in the end mate? Vegga will be much easier this time
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Mar 11 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ebay special, collect from Warrington.
Mike
Premium Member

16th Mar 11 at 01:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ARGH, give up for the night, Back brakes built back up, bled, shit pedal bled again, shit pedal give up with that then moved onto the exhaust, went to fit the cat, captive nuts on the downpipe knackered, widened them out so we could put a nut on the other side then could only find 1 suitable nut Went to fit the cat with the 1 nut and bolt and the bolt won't go through far enough to get the nut on so what's left of the captive nuts need drilling off completely so that there's enough thread showing to get a nut on the end.

Not the best of nights
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Mar 11 at 01:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shopping list -

U clamp for ARB
Nut for the downpipe bolt

We'll bleed the brakes again and that is three jobs out of the way.

Bit more welding, bit of shell prep, get the windows out and it's ready for paint.
Mike
Premium Member

16th Mar 11 at 01:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be feeling a bit more optimistic after some sleep, just does my nut in when I had decent expectations then I didn't actually get to tick anything off myself. It really didn't help spending ages searching for those nuts, every one that I picked up that was wrong just wound me up that bit more, best to just walk away at that point or it becomes counter productive

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Version II 23 database queries in 0.0166841 seconds