corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Version II

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Version II
Phillips_91

User status: Offline
1st Mar 11 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
One last point - once you've dropped the coolant, I'd remove the rad as there's not much holding it in, then drop the oil, remove the filter and fit the exhaust manifold at least. From my experience, it's a hell of a lot easier to fit the exhaust with the oil filter off, and even simpler with the rad out of the way.

Couldnt agree more, makes that last stud behind the power steering pump a hell of alot easier aswell
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

1st Mar 11 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Greg, the parts of the cage that are there came to £350 delivered. I still need about 10 metres or so of straight CDS to make the rest of it up, which Ste apparently paid £200 for but it would seem Custom Cages do 1.5 metre lengths so I could get 10.5m off them for £120 plus delivery so that should hopefully be cheaper if they can get it to us without too much delay although after waiting 6 weeks for that little lot above, I have my doubts.

Tom that sounds like a plan, nice one.

After more searching for a toffee wheel today, I've found somewhere that can get them

Shame they want £13+VAT and it'd be a few days for them to get it in. Sounds like Ebay's best, I'm a bit sick of walking into places, asking and getting the most blank expressions ever, no-one seems to know what a toffee wheel is. Is it a CS trade secret?
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Mar 11 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GregGsi
i got a de cat pipe here i will swop you for the cat pal
You going to the meet on Sunday?
Mike
Premium Member

1st Mar 11 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought I'd leave that one upto you why it's your cat

My late finish didn't happen today so do you wanna give us a shout when you're heading up?
XE Col
Premium Member

1st Mar 11 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello sir do you sell a toffee wheel?

Ian
Site Administrator

1st Mar 11 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm ready whenever laaa, need to get changed then I can be en route.
Mike
Premium Member

1st Mar 11 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boissy that's the exact look

Same here Ian, call it 7 o'clock?
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Mar 11 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound
Mike
Premium Member

1st Mar 11 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Progressing once again

tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Online
2nd Mar 11 at 01:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely, great to see it getting somewhere guys
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Mar 11 at 01:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coolant drained, rad out.

PS pipes are off, pump is ready to come off. Rack is off the bulkhead but still stuck in the bay.

Tomorrows jobs, lower mount and gear linkage off, rack out. Soundproofing to come off the bulkhead. Manual rack back in (EPS spec, quicker than full manual), pump off, drain oil, perhaps a sump gasket as that one has seepage, refit that, manifold back on, filter, new oil.

In fact Mike if you can, sort the gaskets tomorrow so we've got them in stock.

[Edited on 02-03-2011 by Ian]
Phillips_91

2nd Mar 11 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
I'm a bit sick of walking into places, asking and getting the most blank expressions ever, no-one seems to know what a toffee wheel is. Is it a CS trade secret?

i got this everywhere i tried i thought people were pulling my leg, then the last store i went into before i was going to give up, i said have you got one of the caramel wheel things i think people are taking the piss, and he turned round and pulled one of the shelf behind him

good too see some more progress boys
corsamon

2nd Mar 11 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ebay
Ive got 1, it did side strips on a polo and also rear badges and theres not much left so tbh best thing to do is buy a couple if you plan on doing a few cars ;-)
Mike
Premium Member

2nd Mar 11 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Todays purchase, front and rear bumper, front lower strut brace and 1 standard side repeater (I had 5 odd ones so 1 standard one at least gives me a set to use ), cost £5, bargain
Mike
Premium Member

3rd Mar 11 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rest of the CDS for the cage ordered and fanny spec steering removed

Mike
Premium Member

4th Mar 11 at 00:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MAN spec steering rack now installed (EPS rack with a manual column) just need new track rod ends then that'll be complete. Had to take the back engine mount off to get the rack out so I swapped it with the mount off the X12 which had my short shift on so that's another one to tick off the list. Nice productive night.

Need to sort track rod ends, exhaust gaskets and sump gasket tomorrow so hopefully on Saturday we can finish the steering, fix the oil leak, get the manifold on, rad back on then probably turn our attention back to the inside and the heater matrix and wiring.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Mar 11 at 00:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You going to quote the list and cross a load off?
Mike
Premium Member

4th Mar 11 at 01:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye why not

Corsa to-do list

Strip loom
Remove heater matrix DONE
Remove windows inc. boot
Remove side strip glue
Sound proofing on T Tunnel DONE
Sound proofing on bulkhead engine side DONE
Weld up holes in rear arches
Prep for paint
Sunroof
Spare wheel well
Seat mounts
Roll cage PART DONE
Paint
Sump gasket DONE
Lambda sensor NEEDS SOURCING
Fit manifold DONE
Fit exhaust
Refit heater matrix
Refit dash
Fit seats
Fit polycarbs
Fit bumpers
Fit arches
Fit bootlid
Remove PAS and replace with EPS rack DONE
Fit polybushed bottom arms DONE
Fit brakes DONE
Fit suspension DONE
Rear beam polybushes DONE
Tracking
Oil change DONE
Brake fluid change
Tyres
Fit lights
Fit shortshift DONE
Speed tape holes
WR stickers
Aux belt (X14XE non-PAS alternator bracket) NEEDS SOURCING

Mmm, when you say loads

Ah well, it's 2 done and a few others made easier although I have had to add 3 on which I missed or have since found as a new job. Sump gasket, sunroof and wheel well nothing major.

[Edited on 04-03-2011 by Ian]

[Edited on 05-03-2011 by Mike B]

[Edited on 06-03-2011 by Ian]

[Edited on 06-03-2011 by Ian]

[Edited on 12-03-2011 by Mike B]
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Mar 11 at 01:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Three.

Make sure you get the gaskets tomorrow, that's another few.
Mike
Premium Member

4th Mar 11 at 01:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah yeah, forgot about the soundproofing
Mike
Premium Member

4th Mar 11 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sump gasket, exhaust gaskets and track rod ends purchased ready to crack on tomorrow
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Mar 11 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DannyB
Premium Member

4th Mar 11 at 18:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No second hand full cages going anywhere? or did you want brand new? I held out for mine and got a full OMP bolt in for £150, a bargain was worth the wait.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Mar 11 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its welded so not possible.
Mike
Premium Member

4th Mar 11 at 20:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time's against us too so waiting for one to come up wasn't practical.

In other news, towing test booked so that's another thing I can forget about for a bit

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Version II 23 database queries in 0.2466269 seconds