corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Version II

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Version II
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
27th Feb 11 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a pro on the windows to remove yes good idea. To cut perspex, no we can do that

Tyres wise I think using the Comps is the sensible choice atm, then I've got time to get a bit more money together to get my track wheels powdercoated before putting tyres on them. agreed

Heater I'm just trying to think about now. Adam and Fee seem to get on alright and a coat in winter is still gonna be lighter than a heater matrix full of coolant so may shortcut that one. yes but you also lose the fan. I would probably keep it, but it does need to be moved soon

If I had a night up there on my own I could probably get all the brakes, suspension and fluid changes done because I'd just crack on with it. There's a spare key up there - easy once the Vectra is gone

The problem I usually have is by the time I've got home and had some food, I don't wanna go out again same as me, which is why we need to meet each other there
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

27th Feb 11 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah windows I was just thinking for removal and possibly refitting the windscreen once it's ready?

Heater I'll have a think, if I can't decide I can always leave that and the dash out for Combe and see how it is then decide from there, not too concerned about that though.

On that last point I'll text you on Tuesday when I know how I'm getting on and if I'm ok we can meet up there and hopefully get the loom ready to be wrapped/tied then we can decide on that later when we can check if the kevlar would be an option
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 11 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can be done with zip ties as a temp measure before we get proper wrap.

Got to meet someone about a computer straight from work but I could be there from probably about 7, I'll talk to you on the day.
stu_c

27th Feb 11 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

give us a shout mike if u need a hand doing anyhthing. im only down the road can come anytime after work
Mike
Premium Member

27th Feb 11 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one mate, I'll bear that in mind
corsadonk
Premium Member

27th Feb 11 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just use some anti-fog stuff on the screen, sod the paint till after Combe
Mike
Premium Member

27th Feb 11 at 22:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of the work we've been doing is to get it ready for paint so it'd mean building it back up to strip it back down again and then we'd be tight on time for Knockhill in May which is one event I really wanna get too

Edit: Actually balls to that, I'm confident now that I've actually thought about it, try and get the windows done this week hopefully, get Ste on the cage and seat mounts when he gets back, sort the paint prep, once it's ready give Ian
(the sprayer) a shout then I can get the suspension, brakes and that sorted one night then a few days/nights on it should see us right. Just need to sort the towing stuff sometime

[Edited on 27-02-2011 by Mike B]
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 11 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If we're really stuck for towing I might buy a double trailer, or Rob might come with the truck, or Chris might drive your van, or many things. That depends on other people.

Obviously if you can sort +E in time then sound but I would also focus more on the work on the car than a licence you may get away with not needing.
Mike
Premium Member

27th Feb 11 at 22:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather get the license sorted if I can, if none of the other options come through I'd be royally pissed at having a completed car and not being able to get it there

There's a fella within a few miles that does the training so I'll give him a bell tomorrow and see how he works. I spoke to a fella from that link you gave me a while back but I'm thinking someone a few miles away will be easier to work around than the other fella in Mold. I'll just have to learn quick so I can spend less time training and more time working on the car
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 11 at 23:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah if you've got someone local that is probably better.

What are we doing Tuesday then
Mike
Premium Member

27th Feb 11 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Highest priority stuff

Finish loom
Remove matrix
Soundproofing on the tunnel
Side strip glue
Rubdown paint
and I'll look into window removal tomorrow.
So Tuesday will be start on the loom and see how far down that little list we can get.

So tasks for me tomorrow...

Phone around about windows
Phone up about towing training
Phone up about an eye test
Buy a toffee wheel
Fit in work somewhere around that^
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Feb 11 at 00:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drain coolant, matrix and soundproofing is one job.

Need sandpaper for the rub down, we have sheets but nothing for machine sanding.
Mike
Premium Member

28th Feb 11 at 00:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do we need for that then? Don't know much about machine sanding
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Feb 11 at 00:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just mean with a power tool, we've got one but no paper for it.
Mike
Premium Member

28th Feb 11 at 00:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I mean, what paper do we need for it?
Chris
Premium Member

28th Feb 11 at 01:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Least if your driving the van it will take M5 southbound not m6 southbound to Combe.
Mike
Premium Member

28th Feb 11 at 01:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F
Phillips_91

28th Feb 11 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Lambda sensor (to get running) bolt in and wire up or is there more to it?
Fit exhaust (to get running) parts in stock just needs doing, perhaps a few gaskets, few quid
[Edited on 27-02-2011 by Ian]

give us a shout if you need any gaskets, got most in stock at work

and if you want a hand fitting the exhaust and any other odd jobs gimme a shout and i'll gladly come down on a sunday morning and get my hands dirty
Mike
Premium Member

28th Feb 11 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I get a woop woop

Nice one Danny, gaskets needed are manifold (not sure if you'd have that) and downpipe to cat so if you could get us any of them that'd save a trip to the motor factors. It's looking like I'll be temporarily using Ian's exhaust off his GSi which is lying around and we've got a spare cat that I'm gonna knock out and use just to save a bit of time on playing with my exhaust so that should help.

Phone around about windows Been quoted £70 by a fella in Speke
Phone up about towing training £450 all in for 2 days training and the test, sounds a healthy bit cheaper than the bloke in Mold, plus he only lives 5 mins away
Phone up about an eye test Booked
Buy a toffee wheel B&Q didn't have any, ideas of where would sell them?
corsadonk
Premium Member

28th Feb 11 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A company that sells spray paint will do the toffe wheel. i,e not Halfords.
XE Col
Premium Member

28th Feb 11 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get one ordered mate should have it in couple days

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=toffee+wheel&_sacat=See-All-Categories
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Feb 11 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
what paper do we need for it?
No idea, need to check the tool.

Cage
Phillips_91

1st Mar 11 at 03:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can get hold of mani gasket mate, i had to get one for mine other day, think it cost like £3.50 inc vat iirc, and downpipe to cat is just a gmg12 so can just grab one of them off the hook, if you let me know when your going to be working on it on a sunday i'll set off earlyish on sunday morning and meet you up there and give ya a hand

as for the caramel wheel, i got one from local trade paint supplier, cost around a £5, cant remember exactly, but that was a while ago, and before the new vat if your still having trouble getting one before i come up i'll grab you one of them aswell
GregGsi
Premium Member

1st Mar 11 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much was the cage pal i got a de cat pipe here i will swop you for the cat pal

BHP vaux
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Online
1st Mar 11 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cage

Yep, you're right about the exhaust - just a manifold gasket and downpipe to cat gasket needed. Although actually, are you going to separate the manifold from the downpipe to sort that snapped bolt?

Brakes and suspension can both be fitted before cage and paint too, if you need to do stuff before Ste gets back.

One last point - once you've dropped the coolant, I'd remove the rad as there's not much holding it in, then drop the oil, remove the filter and fit the exhaust manifold at least. From my experience, it's a hell of a lot easier to fit the exhaust with the oil filter off, and even simpler with the rad out of the way.

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Version II 24 database queries in 0.1927850 seconds