corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My budget track car *** now for sale**

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My budget track car *** now for sale**
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st May 09 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

texture bumper spray and simoniz matt black spray paint to seal the texture in, really contrasts with the yellow well i think
Graham88

1st Jun 09 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the gauges
FAZ
Premium Member

1st Jun 09 at 14:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sat only im gonna miss it
broster
Premium Member

1st Jun 09 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noshua

1st Jun 09 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a monster - finally another yellow corsa

[Edited on 01-06-2009 by noshua]
SteveoBC
Premium Member

2nd Jun 09 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right little update on stuff iv been doing when i had spare time during the day, although it has been a little too hot to work outside

tacho and shift light mounted on dashboard

just a quick shot off how it looks from driver POV (still some wires to tidy up)

in its new home in my garage, cant see in this pic but all the scuttle and wipers are back on

out on the drive (still more to do)

and finally got my strut brace on aswell

all shaping up well

and another vid for everyone sound quality is a bit better
[COLOR=#800080]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Rl5s7VYDA[/COLOR]

[Edited on 02-06-2009 by SteveoBC]
Luke

2nd Jun 09 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very Very tidy conversion! Looks top work there mate, well done .
SteveoBC
Premium Member

4th Jun 09 at 09:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like i wont make PVS now guys, had a couple of people lined up to take my car on a trailer but have let me down at the last minute an i have nowhere near anymoney to pay for trailer hire, entry tickets AND pay of runs up the strip

gutted doesnt even come close
spankyjames

4th Jun 09 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noooooo, really wanted to see this car

gutted for you mate
Tom G

4th Jun 09 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted mate!!
There's always next year
john_c20xe

4th Jun 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats not road legal about it?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

4th Jun 09 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not registered as a 2.0ltr yet/yellow, not insured, not taxed an no mot so everything basically
john_c20xe

4th Jun 09 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only just mie mot'd today! taxed an insured two days ago! theres still time dude,

[Edited on 04-06-2009 by john_c20xe]
SteveoBC
Premium Member

27th Aug 09 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres some pics of the track car 90% done (obviously needs a roll cage and better steering wheel)

but for now she's staying like this and was carted off for a pre-mot check and mot, garage was pretty busy and the car was supposed to be there yesterday so looking at tuesday to get her back, no biggie as i get paid before then which works out well

in the mean time i get to enjoy the bank holiday weekend and scope out silverstone a week before Trax - im off to watch the BTCC on sunday Get in!!

enjoy

my personal fave
FAZ
Premium Member

27th Aug 09 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now i like this
Adge

27th Aug 09 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know its only a track car, but the styling is a real let down for the quailtly of the conversion and paintwork! sum nice Skirts and depos wud make it miles better!
SteveoBC
Premium Member

27th Aug 09 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really wanted some black morrettes but again, cant afford em right now

may think about skirts in the future

but at the same time dont wanna throw loads of money at a track car,

plus paint is a one off colour and only have so much left, so dont really wanna waste it on side skirts when i might need it for when i have an off lol!

[Edited on 27-08-2009 by SteveoBC]
sam_h

27th Aug 09 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read through this project, looks really good bud, nice work!!
SteveoBC
Premium Member

2nd Sep 09 at 09:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right finally had an mot - failed- no surprises ther...about 8or so minor things

but all those being sorted but cant really go get it til friday but still looking good for trax this weekend

only bit of bad news turns out the gearbox has developed a whine (not good)

so may just take out for trax and get a new gearbox next month just as a precaution
SteveoBC
Premium Member

3rd Sep 09 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The track car is legal!! all taxed tested and mot'd! lucky my dad was around so i went off to get it and took it out for a test run........

i knew it would be quick, but goes better than expected, slight overfueling possible so does bog down for a split second when pulling away but when it gets into its stride its off!

testing shows the suspension needs setting up and poss some tracking too and along with a gearbox whine is a few minor teething problems

although i did find out how old the speedo cable i had was, as it was rotten an snapped! ohwell at least its gonna be at trax for defo now, just wont handle to its full potential but in my eyes means thers room for improvement

highlight of the afternoon, an X5 obviously took a dislike to bumblebee... i moved over and floored it, he went for it but didnt get past lol

so managed to get a corsa that is massive fun and a great giggle (just what i set out to do) and can see off an X5 no worries so im well happy, lets see what i learn when it hits the track
SteveoBC
Premium Member

5th Sep 09 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

READY FOR TRAX!!

tidied the car up and a finish spit/polish and wash for tommorow

first off a wash

then before cleaning the inside fitted my fire extinguisher (better safe than sorry)

got the inside all tidy and wiring cleaning up and gave every dusty bit a good wipe

then set about getting her track ready

seeing as its my first time on track should i keep the novice sticker on or off??

then put bumblebee away all set up ready for tomorrow

had to remove the strut brace tho as it was too tight to the FPR will have to change the strut brace brackets at some point to raise it a bit but for now have run out of time

and the gearbox whine has been made quieter by a gearbox oil change, but one of the gearbox shafts sounds horrible in neutral but im gonna give it at least one track session and change the gearbox next month as my current F20 hasnt got long left, but cheap replacements are about so no biggie, wont be doing the 0-60 sprint as she's still overfuelling and just bogs down if i really nail it in 1st

only other worry is my speedo cable has snapped so no idea what speed i'll be doing but either way im excited and hopefully should have a good show n' go with the wasp/bumblebee

[Edited on 05-09-2009 by SteveoBC]

[Edited on 05-09-2009 by SteveoBC]
SteveoBC
Premium Member

5th Apr 10 at 01:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey everyone,

been aaaaaaaaages since i posted about my track car, thought i was gonna sell her at one point, but decided im gonna at least keep her for another year and decide then.

meantime here's a vid after the car had been not driven for like 3-4months, had to take it out for spin, cars still not completely how i want it yet, but this was still fun anyway

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLlqSya4Tno

Rich H

5th Apr 10 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

needs a new steering wheel pronto mate!!

Is it just me or did that Merc C Class at 3 mins-ish pull away from you surprisingly well from the roundabout?!
SteveoBC
Premium Member

5th Apr 10 at 09:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only cos I had to suddenly brake and short shift as he jus pulled out on me
SteveoBC
Premium Member

5th Apr 10 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steering wheel is being looked into aswell lol

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My budget track car *** now for sale** 23 database queries in 0.0172110 seconds