corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B X10 Project

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B X10 Project
Johnjourno

User status: Offline
16th Sep 12 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,
I have become the owner of a Corsa B X10, after having a right mess on with insurance companies and my Vectra B DTI.

Here she is

A friend of mine owned her a few years ago as his first car, it is full on poverty spec, beyond basic, and he upgraded after a year, but his dad kept the car and used it for work

A month or so ago, my friend borrowed the car and carried out the Crumball Rally, and before he went, I done a full service on it, he came back, parked it up and it has been driven once

He text me saying his dad was going to scrap it and would I be interested, he has been offered £120 scrap. The car still had tax and test so I thought it would be stupid not to

The car needed an EGR valve (as diagnosed with a Snap On tester) and a back box, which he had tried to bodge whilst abroad

The car was a nightmare to drive, just wouldn't rev, I presumed it was EGR related and I had a moment and thought, maybe the MAF is faulty, disconnected it and hey presto, flies now (for an X10 anyway)

Evilbay is sometimes actually useful. I found a near new backbox local to me up for auction for £10, I won that anyway, and when I got to his house, he had a centre pipe too, and an EGR valve, so I took the lot for £25, bargain, but I fit the EGR and it is still showing the error, but I have been told this might be MAF related by a friend in the trade as he has this issue with an Omega, so we will see

The parcel shelf was missing, as his dad is a dog minder, and used the car for work and had dogs in it. As he didn't use the shelf, he binned it. I soured a shelf from a local breakers and got the side panels too as I don't have rear speakers and thought it's a cheap temorary fit, especially for £15 for the lot, but when I got home I found that my car doesn't have the wiring for rear speakers, which then made me think, the wiring won't be present for the door electrics either, so back to the yard today, and I came home with this

Full interior loom (I believe enough of it anyway)

Runs all the rear lighting, rear speakers, everything in the tailgate, fuel pump/sender, aerial, front door connectors, interior light, door pin switches, I think that was everything

I also got both door looms, door latches with actuators, tailgate actuator, fuel flap actuator, both door lower panels with the switch on the drivers door, passenger door window switch, both door handle upper outer covers with switches for the passenger window and door mirrors, I think that was it,

That bundle cost me £30, hopefully I have enough of the wiring to run it all, but if I don't could someone please let me know, I have the loom as far as the multi plug block in the passenger footwell, another loom went out the front of the car to the headlamps, and when following the rest, there was a big loom that went across the back of the dashboard to the fuse box and out the front end of the car

I am hopefully going back during next week to get the passenger door window regulator, full EPS setup (or what I believe to be) and the steering rack (as mine isn't a fastrack) and if I need any more wiring I could get it then

I thought originally this would be a slow project, but I haven't had it a week and I haven't done bad so far

PS. where do I find my paint code?
Jord012

16th Sep 12 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice colour will be watchin

[Edited on 16-09-2012 by Jord012]
Johnjourno

16th Sep 12 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jord012
Nice colour will be watchin :d

What colour is it? I have no idea where the paint code is
Jord012

16th Sep 12 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest i have no idea but will have to find it myself ready for when i get mine painted Looks rio verde green to me mate but not 100% sure tbf

[Edited on 16-09-2012 by Jord012]
NathanR

16th Sep 12 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The colour is Rio Verde green
Johnjourno

16th Sep 12 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need a drivers door painting, or just replacing for one the right colour for now. The previous owner locked his keys in one evening and broke in by bending the door, when he bent it back he snapped it so replaced it with a bluey green one, which his dad rattle can painted, not the best of jobs, and painted over the bump strip and GLS badge, all of which my car doesn't have anywhere
Johnjourno

16th Sep 12 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NathanR
The colour is Rio Verde green

Definitely? Thanks for that!
NathanR

16th Sep 12 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup pretty sure mate
Jord012

16th Sep 12 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NathanR
Yup pretty sure mate
thought it was the same as mine
GB123
Premium Member

16th Sep 12 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paint code is on the metal plate under the bonnet, yours should be either 369/65L or 376/?? according to this list:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=319346
Johnjourno

17th Sep 12 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are we sure I don't have a Cypress Green Corsa? Looking on eBay at green parts and Z377 which I googled came up with Cypress Green, and looks like my green, to be honest so does Rio Verde
Johnjourno

17th Sep 12 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it's official, paint code 42L/Z377, Cypress Green Pearl, glad I haven't bought any colour coded parts yet
Johnjourno

18th Sep 12 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update

I have been back to the breakers yard today and came home with

and

and

Now that last picture is an adapter, I have heard that the heater boxes are different on the EPS model cars, but I looked on ebay and they all appear the same, and when I had the dash out on the EPS car today, I noticed the adapter.

I got the pipe last week and now see why people might think the heater box is different as these are screwed on and appear to be part of it, but thats not so

If the part number is useful to anyone then this should help

To note, I don't care for the screw to hold it to the heater box, so I snapped the lug off, but if it looks like it might be an issue I will just bond it or tape it on, the only reason I done this was because I didn't know how to take the heater box out to take the single screw out which is nigh on pressed against the bulkhead

Hopefully I have took enough of the loom now to run EPS, electric windows, mirrors and central locking, the only loom I haven't taken is the front headlamp loom, and the engine loom, the loom I have removed today is the dashboard loom which connects in the passenger footwell and has the fusebox as part of it, goes through the bulkhead and up to the wiper motor, both indicators and the washer pump, and the other part follows behind the engine to the ECU, goes round to a multiplug for something else I didn't trace (the plugs above the gearbox on the metal bracket) and goes to the reverse switch, like i say I hope thats enough as there doesn't seem to be any other salvagable parts from it
Johnjourno

18th Sep 12 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To add, all the above today cost me £59
am4nf

18th Sep 12 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was cypress green mica and much lighter than yours
am4nf

18th Sep 12 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

377/42L: Cypress Green Mica (99-)
am4nf

18th Sep 12 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Infact it might just be a bad picture, rio verde is much darker, I proved it by painting my towing cover in it
am4nf

18th Sep 12 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Johnjourno

18th Sep 12 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know what Cypress Green Mica is like, but mine is Cypress Green Pearl

Johnjourno

18th Sep 12 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yours is exactly the same colour as mine, lol, you must think it's darker due to the pictures
Johnjourno

18th Sep 12 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luckily I have just washed it
am4nf

18th Sep 12 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its mica then not pearl

Ive got a star silver one now tho miss the green machine
BeetleGav

18th Sep 12 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a rio verde for abit, such a nice colour in sunlight, mica is nicer though by the look of it. lookforward to seeing this progress
ArdenblueDan

18th Sep 12 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car looks good buddy are you going to bin the sticker eventually or is it staying?
Johnjourno

19th Sep 12 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they will be going, just leaving them on for the funny looks of people

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B X10 Project 23 database queries in 0.0240772 seconds