corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Sloppy Gearchange

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sloppy Gearchange
caddog

User status: Offline
   4th Nov 03 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gents
I drove a m8's Corsa 12 16v last nite and it has the worst gearchange ever Is this normal in a 99... 00 Corsa with 58k on it...? The gearstick feels like stirring a pot full of goop And yes I did manage 92mph in 4th @ 6k rpm .......... when I found it...... Is the problem in the selector or linkage or where.....? Cheers Guys
DJC
diddon

4th Nov 03 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prob the linkage
MikeH

4th Nov 03 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 1.2 16v corsa B club is 99 and the gearbox is horrible! Only done 29,000 miles though.
Screaming Vtec

4th Nov 03 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had this problem on the g/f corsa,

Changed the actual gearstick as there is a bush there that wears, also where it pivots wear..

Its much better, to get it perfect you;d have to change all the joints in the linkage thou,
vc07

4th Nov 03 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by caddog
Gents
I drove a m8's Corsa 12 16v last nite and it has the worst gearchange ever Is this normal in a 99... 00 Corsa with 58k on it...? The gearstick feels like stirring a pot full of goop And yes I did manage 92mph in 4th @ 6k rpm .......... when I found it...... Is the problem in the selector or linkage or where.....? Cheers Guys
DJC

it was my car he was drivin.... felt fine to me as this is how its been since i got her brand spankinly new outta the box.... the only ting that i ever noticed was that there was no point in havin 5th gear at high speeds cos it jus killed her.....its a corsa b club as well.......caddog's the master at vauxhalls tho so i trust his judgement..... he's been driving vaux's all his life
caddog ---> how r ye caddog. wots the craic. hmmmm sounds like another project for the boys to fix eh!

New Poll