corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.4mpi to something with a bit of poke?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.4mpi to something with a bit of poke?
Rsssss

User status: Offline
   1st Nov 03 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wondering what would be involved in putting the early astra 1.8sri engine into my corsa sri? My car is the early 8valve sri just incase it makes any difference.
Any help and info welcome.
Chris

[Edited on 03-11-2003 by Rsssss]
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
2nd Nov 03 at 03:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The quick answer is put a 2 litre in, not only is there more known about this conversion but its also more powerful.

Depending how early you're talking (I assuming mk4?) you may have a cable drive box which is potentially more difficult. Plus there's the issue of mounting and getting shafts to a non-standard box. Assuming its different of course, you'd need more info on exactly what the bottom end and box are.
jjcymru

2nd Nov 03 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rsss?

is it the 8v engine ur on about cos theres also an early 16v too
Kris TD

2nd Nov 03 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u want the one out of an ealry cesaro etc 1.8 16v redtop, supposed to be 115 bhp but ive not heard of any come of the rollers that arent pushing about 140 bhp standard.
Rsssss

3rd Nov 03 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for you opinions but i think i'm going to have to just put a standard lump back in it's only my run around for the winter i just wanted a little bit more poke.
My only other option is my mate has smashed his nova gte/gsi (can't remember the model) would i still have to change loom and box?
Rsssss

3rd Nov 03 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone no about the nova gte running gear? sorry to rush you all just i'm off tommorow and need to sort it out.
Rsssss

[Edited on 03-11-2003 by Rsssss]

New Poll