corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would you get a car on finance?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Would you get a car on finance?
stubbsy05

User status: Offline
21st Mar 03 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm thinking of getting a Corsa Sport (B). However I've just seen Makro do the new Corsa C 1.2 SXI pre registered, choice of colour for £6000. Paying back over 4 years works out just £600 more!
Are these cars nice, would I get bored with it easy and would I be able to stand it for 4 years?

Cheers,

Alex.
Gambit

21st Mar 03 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i had a corsa on finance for 4 years and gave it back after 2, wanted something with a bit more poke! and i'll be selling my current car at the end of the year also, again i want more poke!
3CorsaMeal

21st Mar 03 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my bro did and it worked out shite, dunno too much about it, but from my bro's experience, i wouldn't.
Ojc

21st Mar 03 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would not recommend it.

Its crap, ties you down for to long.
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Mar 03 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you finance a car for 4 years, you don't have to keep it for that long. However, be very wary of the position you put yourself in should you wish to change or get rid of the car. In the short term you will certainly have less equity in the car than you owe, ie. its worth a negative amount of money.
dannycorsa c

21st Mar 03 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ur better getting a loan over 4 years and buying 1 the u are not tied don 2 any body. also i think macro only sell cars too bussinesses
viera

21st Mar 03 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannycorsa c
ur better getting a loan over 4 years and buying 1 the u are not tied don 2 any body. also i think macro only sell cars too bussinesses

I agree, too many clauses and conditions in motor finance, like your not aloud to mod it, if you do this means you may have troubles if you wanna get rid of it at the end, not allowed to sell it unless you settle the loan.

It may work for some, but unless you wanna keep you car you will be in negative equity for like 3 out of the 4 years.

Also you will get a loan at a cheaper rate than motor finance (unless 0% of coarse). You can get them for about 7% Apr at the moment.

There are possitives though, like if the car goes wrong, the finance company legally has to make sure the dealer has sorted it so you won't have to fight the dealer on your own if the motor breaks (which it probably will).

Your choice though.

laters
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Mar 03 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I disagree that a personal loan is a better bet than motor finance, and you can still be in what is effectively negative equity with a personal loan, you just have the option to keep paying the loan after you've sold the car. I thought a car loan would be cheaper also as its secured, a personal one would not be, unless you secure it on your house or something. Risky.
Leighton

21st Mar 03 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i havent got a personal loan but i have huge buisness loans. if i needed to get money for a car i would go for a personal loan but that is because of my relationship with my bank is so good.
finance off a some one like switch car is with black horse ie Lloyds so you are kind of getting a loan just via the car seller

[Edited on 21-03-2003 by Leighton]
viera

21st Mar 03 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I thought a car loan would be cheaper also as its secured, a personal one would not be, unless you secure it on your house or something. Risky.

Fair play mate, it would depend where you go i suppose and i know the company i work for (Abbey national) can't beat the average personal loan rate.
MatG

21st Mar 03 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the best way to do finance in my opinion is to have it over as long as possible pay the minimum deposit, and pay a very small monthly payment. Just change the car every 2 years and you will always pay the monthy fee. BUT you will never own the car really.

Plus points are:

You always drive a new car
You should not have to pay for much due to warrenty
You can upgrade as your money gets income gets better.
Free insurance for the first year.

The Bad points:

If your job goes down the pan you have to give it back if you can not afford it.
You will never own the car, even though yo are paying a lot a month.
You can not mod it as you will have to give it back.
If you decide to start again you will need another deposit as you will lose the one you put down before.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would you get a car on finance? 22 database queries in 0.0125959 seconds