corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » whats wrong with my electric windows!!!!!??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whats wrong with my electric windows!!!!!??
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   30th Oct 03 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just developed a problem, when i wind my window up on my 97 sport, somtimes it will stop going up and go down instead!!! happens quite alot! why would it do this, dont it no its far to cold to be playing about this time of year!!!! any one else had this problem? thanx for the help!
mark broster
FLYING CORSA

30th Oct 03 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have same problem mate only happened a FEW TIMES THOUGH AND MINE YOU SEND THE WINDOW UP AND THEN WHEN IT GETS TO THE TOP IT COMES STRAIGHT BACK DOWN AGAIN.....and it does this a few times and then stops ....no idea why it does it
broster
Premium Member

30th Oct 03 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a pain in the arse, i was havin a right fight with it this morn when i was in traffic! startin to piss me off!
uprated

30th Oct 03 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i found that when mine did that, some of the window seal at the top of the door had slid up the window slot, and the window was putting to much force on the top cos the seal was making the window top out too early
Fad

30th Oct 03 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its it juddering too? the window might be out of the slots as mentioned before cos i used to have to mor eor less push mine up also check the window regulator a common fault on corsas
broster
Premium Member

30th Oct 03 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its goes up smoothly, just when its half way up sometimes it goes down again! could it be that its cuz the suspension is hard and when i drive the car judders, it way cause it to fink it jamming???
bazman

30th Oct 03 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah this has happened to me to, i took it all apart and it turned out that one of the window arm things was bent and came out of the runner.
broster
Premium Member

30th Oct 03 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

may as well take the door card off then while in=m colour coding the bits inside!
bazman

30th Oct 03 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when u take the window out it is a fucker of a job to get it back in and all lined up so good luck!!lol
broster
Premium Member

30th Oct 03 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

humm... tempted to live with it now, started to colour code the inside handle and tweeted bit, all sanded down and primered up, gunna top coat it tomoz and laquer(sp) it in the evening all ready to go on sat! hopefully!
calidus

31st Oct 03 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it aint hard to get it all in- its just scary when u look at the one arm and its bent that happned to my setup. try disconnecting battery for a while then reconnect,then reset the windows by holdin the drivers side switch all the way up the window n hold for 5secs n do the same passenger side, that resets the one touch function-worth a try
finch1

31st Oct 03 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does this to. pain in the butt!!!!!!!
broster
Premium Member

31st Oct 03 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

done the reset, fink ill live with it till summer, to wet to be strippin me doors down on the road side, need a garage!!!!

New Poll