corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Automatic transmission engine light problem.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Automatic transmission engine light problem.
autocorsa5

User status: Offline
   18th Oct 03 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got an M reg. 1.4 LS automatic corsa.
There's a problem with th engine diagnostic light coming on.

Basically, I start it up first thing in the morning - the orange light comes on then goes out. However, as soon as I put it into drive the light comes on again and stays on!

The only solution is to turn the engine off then on again, let it run for about fifteen minutes. Then when I put it into drive, it runs like a dream.

After this initial rigmarole it starts up with no problems for the rest of the day!

I've tried changing the oil, sparks plugs etc. and I changed the transmission fluid, as a last resort! Still the same problem.

Before I resort to getting the ECU checked out by the Main Dealer - has anyone any other ideas what could be wrong.

Cybermonkey

18th Oct 03 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go to vauxhall and get it on tech2 to find what the error is.
J100RSA

18th Oct 03 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

engine coolant temp sensor

New Poll