corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Valuation advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Valuation advice
scorchingpost

User status: Offline
13th Oct 03 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone that recognises my name will know that I am having a few nightmares with engine problems for my T Reg (1999) 1.6 Corsa Sport.
I've just had Cam belt replaced and new valves put in but am suffering with problems now in the lower part of the engine.

I'm asking if anyone could put a rough estimate on the value of a 1999 car in such condition. Bodywork in v.good condition. Interior fine, general state is fine for its age. CLearly it needs some work done on the engine.

Also can anyone recommend what is the best approach to go about selling a car that is currently off the road due to needing repair. I don't want to sell it for a pittance, because essentially its been a good car - but back to back expensive repairs mean I do need to consider selling.

Any help appreciated
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
13th Oct 03 at 23:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Technically the book price minus the price of repair. There are also a fair number of people who would snap up a car in otherwise good condition as the basis for a 2 litre project. You may want a little more than some offers though as generally this type of buying is at the lower end of the scale as you say.

Definately worth advertising though, it may be what someone is looking for.
scorchingpost

User status: Offline
14th Oct 03 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Ian - can you advise any good channels to advertise it through?

New Poll